What's For Dinner? - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I was reading last night and one of the characters made Chicken Parmigiana for a meal. Huh. You know, that sounded really good. And I immediately went down to the basement and brought up some chicken and some pasta sauce.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken Parmigiana over a bed of spaghetti, maybe with peas as a side.
Because that's how my mind works!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I fixed burritos tonight,topped them with beanless chili,lettuce,tomato,cheese and sour cream.Oh my...it's been a long time since we've had them...so good!
You reminded me to add some burrito wraps to my grocery list. I usually fill them with beans or meat, then lettuce, tomato and cheese but I'm going to steal that idea for sour cream from you! I forgot all about them, I used to eat them all the time. Very good with a small dish of pepper jack nut thins :)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight was my newest obsession---fast and easy Arby's cold turkey sandwich with tomato, lettuce, mayo, cheese and bacon. I got through most of it. I have hated cold cuts since I worked at a deli 20 years ago (I got a discount, and was poor as heck and lived on discount cold cuts and got SO sick of them!) but suddenly I'm appreciating the convenience again.
My grocery list is growing. My refrigerator is pathetic. Lots of eggs (Mom has chickens), some bottled water, feta cheese and some pickles and condiments. Current plan is grocery on Friday. I haven't been grocery shopping in almost a month and it shows.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was my newest obsession---fast and easy Arby's cold turkey sandwich with tomato, lettuce, mayo, cheese and bacon. I got through most of it. I have hated cold cuts since I worked at a deli 20 years ago (I got a discount, and was poor as heck and lived on discount cold cuts and got SO sick of them!) but suddenly I'm appreciating the convenience again.
My grocery list is growing. My refrigerator is pathetic. Lots of eggs (Mom has chickens), some bottled water, feta cheese and some pickles and condiments. Current plan is grocery on Friday. I haven't been grocery shopping in almost a month and it shows.
I'm a Eater and usually not a cooker. My DW does the majority of the Basic food supplies. I usually buy food items that she refuses to eat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had a late breakfast and late lunch so made a big salad for dinner with a few crispy wheat crackers. I made DH teriyaki chicken tenders which he had in a sandwich plus tater tots. Dark chocolate almond butter cups and honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was eggs scrambled with onions, red and greep peppers, and diced ham, with a peach/pear hot compote. Dinner will be...um...I forgot to look. Whatever is on top of the pile. IF I am hungry. If not, a bowl of cereal around 6 AM.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our Chicken Parmigiana was so good last night. Even Dear Richard said it was pretty good "for chicken". Crusted with a mix of Panko, grated Parm, and herbs, then sautéed until done. Added a bit of red wine to the pasta sauce. He brought some green beans down from the garden yesterday, so I made them instead of the peas. We like them tender-crunchy, so I was careful to just throw them into a frying pan instead of simmering them in water. Added just a wee bit of garlic butter. Good stuff.

Not sure yet about tonight. I asked Rick what he'd like and he said mac and cheese. I reminded him that we just had mac and cheese a few weeks ago. And we just had pasta last night. His response? "So? You asked me what I wanted. That's what I want." I'm thinking I'll be making mac and cheese.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
good options tonight gf plans to pick up marie calendars on her way home
We used to have a Marie Calendars close by but it disappeared many moons ago. Nice to know that they're still around other parts of the country.

I have a partial carton of eggs that I need to use up soon so I'll probably have breakfast for dinner tonight. I usually like cinnamon raisin bread with it but the DKB was too expensive and I didn't go to the farmer's market last weekend so maybe just toast with cinnamon sprinkled on top and margarine instead.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You reminded me to add some burrito wraps to my grocery list. I usually fill them with beans or meat, then lettuce, tomato and cheese but I'm going to steal that idea for sour cream from you! I forgot all about them, I used to eat them all the time. Very good with a small dish of pepper jack nut thins :)
I so love mexican food,and we don't have it too often...hubby's not that big of a fan.I figured if I'm gonna do it,it better be right!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I so love mexican food,and we don't have it too often...hubby's not that big of a fan.I figured if I'm gonna do it,it better be right!
The most authentic Mexican food I've had is Chipoltle, and not the one 5 miles from my house. The one that's 25 miles from my house for some reason just tastes better, better seasoning and everything. And yes, I will drive 50 miles round trip for good food! :D

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
All they had last night, for me, was chicken tenders.. They gave me a bunch of them..
On the menu: spaghetti and meatballs (frozen), chicken tenders, boiled cauliflower.. yuck..
Beef barley soup..
pear, cookie..

Tonight, I am going to make my own food.. salad vs the stovetop frittata..

Status
Not open for further replies.