What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we got a BB&B catalog today and there was this hot sauce collection in it and I thought of you.
Yum. Looks like the perfect gift to me. 🌶

i cant handle spicy/chilli peppers etc. the way i used i get bad heart burn from those now
Well there are tons of spices and cooking/dipping sauces that aren't spicy hot. You'll figure it out.

anna my gf cleaned out everything i like to eat last night
What did she throw away? It it's just the meat & dessert, then you'll be fine. I hate that stuff anyway. Maybe you could go vegetarian! Fake meats are pretty good.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
anna my gf cleaned out everything i like to eat last night:(even my box of sugar smacks cereal i have a fresh carton of vanilla almond milk with nothing to eat it with.
I found out he was hiding candy in the garage. I was looking for a box and when I opened it I saw his favorite junk food. 🙄

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum. Looks like the perfect gift to me. 🌶

Well there are tons of spices and cooking/dipping sauces that aren't spicy hot. You'll figure it out.

What did she throw away? It it's just the meat & dessert, then you'll be fine. I hate that stuff anyway. Maybe you could go vegetarian! Fake meats are pretty good.
arent fake meats just tofu?i have eaten at a few vegetarian places before always left feeling half full or like i ate nothing at all:lol:i'll be ok with only chicken as the meat i get to eat:biggrin:guess i have good reason to try out some of those vegetarian resturants local to me now. but yes she trashed all the red meats ice cream luckily i love cooking now i get to learn/try cooking lots of new and different ways:lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
hahahha what did you do?
Same thing as Anna, I threw them out - us women have to stick together! My husband is very stubborn though he went back out and bought his favorite wrapped candy, Riesen. This time I discovered he carries it around in his jacket pocket. :lol:

arent fake meats just tofu?
Actually tempeh is made from partially cooked soybeans and seitan is made from wheat gluten. Tofu is made from dried soybeans.
I do eat all three of these but not on any regular basis. The taste really depends on the brand you buy.
Just out of curiosity, can you eat fish, (Pescatarian)? That would give you another option besides chicken. If you're like me and eat falafel it's another option and it's packed with fiber and protein.

Tonight is my monthly dinner with the ladies. It was my turn to pick a restaurant so we're doing Italian. There are a lot of vegetarian items on the menu so I'm looking forward to it.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing as Anna, I threw them out - us women have to stick together! My husband is very stubborn though he went back out and bought his favorite wrapped candy, Riesen. This time I discovered he carries it around in his jacket pocket.
:flail:no mercy you mean haha yes i can eat fish the market was out of the frozen fillets we buy on this trip.:biggrin: being stubborn is good though lets us get the job done no matter what:lol: just gotta get past all the bone/ air to get us to change things up is all haha:rolleyes:might wanna start searching his car to now

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
arent fake meats just tofu?
No, they have all kinds of great stuff now. They have ones that taste like bacon, sausage, chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, breaded fish, meatballs, chicken burgers, ground beef, steak. They are so good and taste just like the real thing! Mushrooms are always great too, they have a meaty taste. And if you like beans, those are always good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
W Willowy Melting potatoes are wonderful!
game misconduct game misconduct Try a spritz of avocado oil on the food before you throw it into the pan. Just a spritz or two. Avocado oil has a very high smoke point. So does grapeseed oil. I use them both in stir-fries and in my NFG, for that reason.

Our London Broil was simply excellent last night. I had marinated the thing for about 20 hours or so. Took it out of the fridge, while the NFG was heating up. Started it on Grill Max (510F) for five minutes or so, flipped it over, and did 5 more minutes on Grill Max. Just to get a sear. Then I turned the heat down to 450F and continued for about 6 minutes on each side. That thing was about two inches thick and it was perfect at 125F when I took it out to rest. Ten minutes covered in foil and the end was good to go for Rick, while the middle was rare for me. I will never do a London broil any other way. (I had doubts, simply because it was so thick and because I don't have a probe with this grill. I thought I could use my temp probe, but the battery is dead. I just winged it as best I could and used my instant-read thermometer to keep an eye on it.)

We are having soup and sandwiches for dinner tonight. The sandwich will be the leftover beef from last night with horseradish and mustard on toasted bread with slices of sharp Cheddar tucked into the meat. Caramelized onions to slather over the top. Frankly, I don't even care about the soup; I'm just ready for the sandwich.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they have all kinds of great stuff now. They have ones that taste like bacon, sausage, chicken tenders, chicken nuggets, breaded fish, meatballs, chicken burgers, ground beef, steak. They are so good and taste just like the real thing! Mushrooms are always great too, they have a meaty taste. And if you like beans, those are always good.
will have to give some of those a try :lol:just need to overcome the mental block of knowing its fake stuff cant be like graycie and take sniff and then turn my head like nope:biggrin:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
will have to give some of those a try :lol:just need to overcome the mental block of knowing its fake stuff cant be like graycie and take sniff and then turn my head like nope:biggrin:
Just be careful and check the ingredient statement since some of the fake meats can be high in sodium. Some brands are better than others, I have my personal favorites but as I said before, I don't eat them on a regular basis. Enjoy experimenting! 😄

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sandwich will be the leftover beef from last night with horseradish and mustard on toasted bread with slices of sharp Cheddar
That sounds good. Do you use horseradish in the jar or the fresh kind? I've only ever used the jar or powder. Not sure how to use the fresh kind.

Just be careful and check the ingredient statement since some of the fake meats can be high in sodium
It's weird, I've never paid attention to sodium. But I think I'm okay because I never snack and I measure salt when I use it.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's homemade bread toasted, 3TB Mayo, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Raw Pumpkin Seeds.

Dinner: Leftover Alfredo Pasta Casserole, added 1/2TB Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce and some Raw Pumpkin Seeds.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many servings is one pot pie? I always eat the whole thing.
Marie Callender's pot pies are a little bigger than Amy's. When I eat them I cut them in half and add half a can of peas or green beans to it. I get two servings when I do that.

I had half of a Marie Callender pot pie tonight with added peas. Their pot pies seem to have more dough than vegetables.

I need to cut back on salt. I pour it on every thing I eat. My blood pressure has been high lately and my mother and both grandmothers died from strokes. If I do have one I hope it takes me out the first time. Living here I see what strokes can do to people and I would not like to live like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.