maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the popcorn was on the side:
Am I the only one who thinks that's a bit odd? :headscratch:

I only have vegetable broth, not stock
Aren't they the same thing? :think:

Curried coconut pumpkin soup with chicken and toast.
Did J try the soup? Did she like it? 🥣

Lunch: Veggie Sammich- Dad's homemade bread toasted, Slice BJs Muenster Cheese, Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing, Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, Trader Joe's Pistachios, Onion, 1 Hard Boiled Egg.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad- Lettuce, Tomato, Aldi Tropical Trail Mix dried fruit/nuts, Finished up the Pistachios, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Canned Kidney Beans, Ken's Honey Mustard Dressing, Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce.

Glad these Pistachios are gone. They taste fine, but they get stuck in my teeth. Plus they are way too expensive. I'd rather have cashews, walnuts, or pecans.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did J try the soup? Did she like it? 🥣
She tried, but she's not good with spoons so I basically dripped some on her piece of toast. and it got on her fingers when she grabbed chicken shreds. I'm not sure it was a hit. She kept rubbing her eyes and crying, so I'm not sure if she got it in her eyes or she was just cranky because she was tired. She didn't want a nap after dinner, so who knows.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'd rather have cashews, walnuts, or pecans.
I thought I didn't like pecans but I tried some again and really like them so I bought a bag at Trader Joe's.

DH had a craving for Chinese food tonight so I agreed if he was willing to pick it up. I had steamed veggies with tofu and he had Mongolian beef. They gave us extra fortune cookies which was a nice surprise.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I needed a quick supper last night; as I one tot 4pm Mass and stopped to chat with a couple of people in my building, who were sitting in the lobby.

I had 1/2 container of Trader Joes Minestrone soup. With a ton of grated Parmesan cheese on top.
I have not had had any beans in over a year and a half.. waiting to see how I am affected today.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I did not want to cook anything yesterday, so I ran to Wendy's. In the time, I waited in line, I could have made something at home. It was ridiculous. Rick called while I was in line; he wanted donuts. I made a stop at Dunkin' and waited in line again. Forever. This is why I cook. I don't have the patience to hang out in line in my car. And Dunkin's lobby isn't open yet, so it's the line or nothing. I took my book with me and read while in line. (I was tempted to just come home, but Rick was really hungry for a sour cream glazed donut.)

Tonight I'm making meatloaf. Or chili. I haven't decided yet. Something with 1-1/2 pounds of ground beef.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not much of an appetite so a big veggie salad with red pepper, green onion, avocado and I'll slice up a hard boiled egg to go in it. DH is having leftover bbq chicken I made last week in a sandwich with a baked potato. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She tried, but she's not good with spoons so I basically dripped some on her piece of toast. and it got on her fingers when she grabbed chicken shreds. I'm not sure it was a hit. She kept rubbing her eyes and crying, so I'm not sure if she got it in her eyes
That sounds good dripped on the toast! Oh man, I do that all the time, get hot sauce or spicy food in my eyes!

Stock is made with raw bones and veggies simmered in liquid for hours.
So stock isn't vegetarian? Or just cooked longer, not necessarily with bones?

Lunch: Price Chopper Grab & Go baked Mac & Cheese with 1Tsp Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce. I shouldn't have microwaved it. It was terrible and made the breadcrumbs soggy. I will get it again and bake it next time.

Dinner: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Tomato, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Aldi Tropical Trail Mix, Raw Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds, Garlic Dill Cheese Curds, Late July Chia Tortilla Chips, Thousand Islands Dressing.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So stock isn't vegetarian? Or just cooked longer, not necessarily with bones?

You can make vegetable stock with the discarded ends and tops from vegetables, veggies that aren't going to be used up before they go bad, scraps from peeling vegetables, etc . Onion ends, the leafy tops of carrots, the dark green tops of scallions and leeks, etc. The vegetables are discarded after the stock has been cooked. There are tons of recipes online if you want to take a look at some.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A swiss cheese and veggi lunch meat sandwich with vegan mayo on rye bread and some green olives. Blah, I'm so tired of the food here and my own food I buy at Wegmans. I'm going out to eat next week with my sister and my grand nephew. I hope I can talk them into some Chinese food.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a little container of hummus with a best before date of tomorrow, so tonight is going to be a sandwich with hummus and lettuce and tomato, probably on toast.

Last night was Gardein crispy tenders on a bun, and a few fries on the side.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably dairyed myself since my white wine vinegar isn't labeled vegan.
How can vinegar be dairy? :headscratch:

Lunch: Huge Dinner Plate Salad-- Lettuce, Tomato, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Aldi Tropical Trail Mix Dried Fruit/Nuts, Garlic Dill Cheese Curds, Raw Unsalted Pumpkin Seeds, Late July Chia Tortilla Chips, Thousand Islands Dressing.

Dinner: Annie's Gluten Free Mac & Cheese, Mixed Frozen Veggies- Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Corn, Kidney Beans, 1Tsp Hot Mama's Too Hot Habanero Sauce, all stirred together. I really liked the kidney beans in the Mac & Cheese!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Marie Callender meatless chick'n pot pie with Gardein plant based chick'n. It's really good and it has 12 grams of protein and 440 calories for 1 serving. The whole box has 25 grams of protein and 940 calories. That's a lot of protein and a hell of a lot of calories. I don't understand how it could have so many calories.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bunny food will add a spoon of minced garlic along with some crushed redpepper cooked with no oil in a non stik wok :lol:then cook some cod fillets and have it with a lil brown rice about as healthy as i can get things until grocery day to stock up on more bunny food:lol:

Attachments

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.