What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie I am so glad she was able to visit with you! :hugs: I hope she was able to eat a bit and enjoy being with you.

The last of the turkey (what I did not put in the freezer). I made turkey pot pie. Rick likes beef pot pie more, but he thought tonight’s was good, too. I doubled the rolled dough noodles and he scarfed it down. There’s barely enough for his lunch tomorrow. ApplesAuden and cranberry relish.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie I am so glad she was able to visit with you! :hugs: I hope she was able to eat a bit and enjoy being with you.

The last of the turkey (what I did not put in the freezer). I made turkey pot pie. Rick likes beef pot pie more, but he thought tonight’s was good, too. I doubled the rolled dough noodles and he scarfed it down. There’s barely enough for his lunch tomorrow. ApplesAuden and cranberry relish.
I have to say...she's really a trooper!I don't know what I expected with her chemo,but either she's more tough than I thought,she's handling it well.She ate really well and had some dessert too.She has lost some weight and she is kinda pale but we're just blessed.I don't know if the more treatments will bring on more reactions...thank you.As I said we are truly blessed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think tonight will be breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs with veggies. I'm going to skip the bread because I've been eating too many carbs lately. But I won't skip my dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert. 😉

lizzie lizzie Sending special thoughts to your daughter-in-law. 💞 I hope she is able to keep her positive outlook and handle the upcoming treatments. :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Morningstar chik patty sandwich on a hamburger bun, and I had leftover tofu from yesterday, so I just sautéed it up with some coconut aminos. Which means my meal was mostly soy and probably not that healthy, lol.

Also had an iced sugar cookie almondmilk layte from the Jewel Starbucks.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think tonight will be breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs with veggies. I'm going to skip the bread because I've been eating too many carbs lately. But I won't skip my dark chocolate almond butter cups for dessert. 😉

lizzie lizzie Sending special thoughts to your daughter-in-law. 💞 I hope she is able to keep her positive outlook and handle the upcoming treatments. :hugs:
Thank you Neely.She's had ,as my son puts it "her moments" especially when she lost her hair.But she went and got her head shaved...posted a pic on FB saying she "was rockin' her new do",and I will say that is just the way she is.I pray every single day.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boxed! The frozen Mac and Chao is still the best substitute
Ha! I already have all these Mac & Cheeses on my Wishlist that you guys are mentioning! I guess I put every one that exists on there.

closest arbys is a 30 minute drive
Every restaurant is 30 minutes from here!

I always ask for dressing on the side in case I don't like it. Good thing I did because I hated the dressing
I hate most dressings, except Thousand Islands.

Lunch: 2 slices dad's homemade bread toasted with 1TB Eco Bee Farms Organic Honey, 1TB Honey Acres Cinnamon Honey Spread, 1/4 cup Aldi Tropical Trail mix- dried pineapple, papaya, cranberries, raisins, banana chips, almonds, cashews.

Dinner: Aldi Vegetarian Nuggets, French's Honey Mustard dip, finished up 1/2TB Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce, Amy's Cauliflower Mac & Cheese Baked in the toaster oven, Price Chopper frozen mixed veggies- peas, carrots, corn, green beans, and a handful of Aldi Tropical Trail Mix dried fruit/nuts.

Mac & Cheese was a billion times better baked in the toaster oven than the microwave! Thanks for the suggestion. I probably would have bought like 20 mac and cheeses on my wishlist and hated them all in the microwave. So you guys saved me wasting money.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch: Ramen Express Hotter & Spicier microwavable ramen cup. This was so good and so spicy! Didn't even need to add anything. I would have liked more veggies in it, but it was fab.
1638228039147.png

Dinner: Taco Salad made with Vietti Vegetarian Chili, Lundberg Brown Basmati Rice, Target Hot Chunky Salsa, Sabra Guacamole, Great Value Sour Cream, Hot Mama's Too Hot habanero sauce, Aldi Multigrain Tortilla Chips. I forgot to put cheese on it! But it was amazing.
1638228015487.png

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get my subscription delivery today. Just got a response to my email and was told that deliveries are delayed by a day this week because of the holiday last week. Wish an email was sent out informing subscribers of that ahead of the holiday or a notice placed on the ordering page :bat: Dinner ended up being leftover rice pilaf (one more small serving of that left) and frozen breaded chicken strips.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight will be a fried chicken dinner bowl. The leftovers are gone, finally, except for several individually-wrapped single-sandwich servings of tureky breast. The rest went to the ferals, who were quite appreciative of it all. And surprisingly polite about sharing!

All the talk about commercial mac and cheese got me thinking. The best I've ever had was the cheap Banquet individual size frozen stuff that came in the tin pie pans (before microwaves). I LOVED that stuff as a child!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stuffed acorn squash and switched the cranberries for raisins. Husband didn't think it sounded good,
That sounds good to me. But yeah, I bet my dad would be like Ewww! He's not very adventurous.

best I've ever had was the cheap Banquet individual size frozen stuff that came in the tin pie pans (before microwaves)
Well that explains why it was so good...before microwaves! It tastes terrible in the microwave. :thumbsup:

Lunch: I had this Margaret Holmes canned Succotash. It was not what I was expecting. It was really watery, almost like eating a can of diced tomatoes. Was I supposed to drain it or use in a recipe? I added garlic parsley salt, black pepper, and Hot Mama's Too Hot habanero hot sauce, but it didn't help. Ate it in a bowl, kinda like soup. Terrible.
1638315376277.png

Dinner: Taco Salad again, but with a few variations from last night-- Vietti Vegetarian Chili, Lundberg Brown Basmati Rice, Target Hot Chunky Salsa, Wholly Guacamole, Great Value Sour Cream, Hot Mama's Too Hot habanero sauce, Late July Multigrain Tortilla Chips, Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy Does the facility have care meetings,
They had the meeting yesterday and nothing was resolved. I brought up a few things about the food but no one else did. he manger here said she was checking into some things, bla bla bla..... and that she was going to arrange another meeting with the new food manager next month.

Tonight I had a Marie Callender plant based Chick'n pot pie.

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made some angel hair pasta with a vegan pesto (Gotham Greens brand), and didn't make nearly enough, so remembered I had yellow potatoes because I had to buy a bag rather than individually, so microwaved a couple and had them with fake sour cream as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.