What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she hasn't quite figured out the fine art of dipping yet.
I remember taking the 2 year old boy I babysat to McDonalds. He loved dipping his fries in the ketchup, but he was a mess!
His mom usually gave the fries to him without the ketchup. I can see why. :lol:

Lunch: Veggie Sammich-- Dad's homemade bread toasted, 3 1/2TB Aldi Mayo, 1/2TB Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce, 1 Hard Boiled Egg Target Penguin Crackers, Wonderful Pistachios, 1 Slice Aldi Colby Jack Cheese, Lettuce, Hot Okra Pickles.

Dinner: Hormel Compleats Mac & Cheese, Half a can of Peas, 1/2TB Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce. This mac & cheese was terrible! I didn't microwave it in the original packaging, not sure if that matters. I took it out and put in a bowl.

I don't like my Okra Pickles either. But I'll keep trying them with different things.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broiled salmon fillet. Boiled little potatoes. Green Giant sliced green beans with slivered almonds.

Himself had his fish with a wedge of lemon and the potatoes with butter.

I had both fish and potatoes with fresh dill and yogurt sauce.

Himself had a chocolate chip cookie for dessert. I may have ice cream later on.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The very last piece of my pasta casserole over spinach salad tonight.
The casserole on top of the salad?! That's interesting. 🤔

Lunch: Tossed Salad-- Lettuce, Pistachios, 1 Hard Boiled Egg, Hot Okra Pickles, Canned Peas, Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, Slice Aldi Colby Jack Cheese, 3 TB Thousand Island Dressing, 1/2TB Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce.
I can't wait until these Okra Pickles are gone! They keep ruining my meals. I might end up composting them.

Dinner: Bird's Eye Lentil Alfredo Pasta, Canned Peas, 1/2TB Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce, Salt, Black Pepper, Target Penguin Crackers. The lentil pasta was okay, but not as good as regular pasta, tasted like whole wheat.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The casserole on top of the salad?! That's interesting. 🤔
Yes, the idea came to me when my daughter and son-in-law were on vacation and I would stay over to dog sit. They were living in a small apartment in NYC and I tried to use as few dishes as possible. Hence, salad on the bottom and pasta over it. I liked it so much that I still make it that way. 😋

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a pumpkin spice bagel with Kite Hill creamcheese because it was on sale, and some plain Forager cashew milk yogurt with leftover pumpkin purée from the cookies I made mixed in.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, I made a pan of mac and cheese with tomatoes. I figured it was something that Rick could eat. He demolished half the pan. There's a bit leftover that we'll have tonight for supper with a salad.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to use as few dishes as possible. Hence, salad on the bottom and pasta over it.
I don't think I've ever tried putting hot foods on cold salad. I'll have to try it!

Forager cashew milk yogurt with leftover pumpkin purée
Cool idea!

4 yr. aged cheddar.
I love aged cheese! The longer the better.

Lunch: Panera Mac & Cheese, Saltine Crackers, Horseradish Mustard, Hot Okra Pickles, Slice of Kraft Cheese. Finally found something the okra pickles tasted good with- mustard! I don't much care for the mac & cheese. Funny the boxed stuff is better!

Dinner: Aldi Vegetarian Tenders, Baked Potato, French's Honey Mustard Dip, Hunt's Ketchup, Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I would have expected tons of posts since it's Thanksgiving. But it's early I guess. We don't celebrate, so just a normal day.

Lunch: Snack plate-- finished up that disappointing Panera Mac & Cheese, added salt, pepper, and Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce, but it didn't help. Also Saltine Crackers, Great Value Horseradish Mustard, French's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Slice Kraft Cheese, Hot Okra Pickles, Trader Joe's Raw Unsalted Pistachio Nuts. I really like these raw nuts!

Dinner: Aldi vegetarian Nuggets, French's Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, Baron's Blazing Hot Sauce, Walmart Marketside Creamy Cauliflower Parmesan Soup, Target Penguin Crackers. Yummy soup! Finally I like something. Seems so many prepared foods are underspiced and bland these days. This soup was perfect, didn't even need to add salt! I will definitely try more of this brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.