What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What I had for lunch was Santa Fe rice and beans. What I really wanted, and do NOT have the ingredients for, was crawtaters, which is basically just new potatoes, cut in half, and cooked in Old Bay shrimp and crab seasoning. And, if you have them, you can toss a few dozen shrimpies in there during the last five minutes of cooking. Spicey, and OH SO GOOD!

I have no clue what I'll have for supper. Whatever is on top of the pile in the freezer, I suppose!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had burgers, too! We went out for our anniversary - we found a restaurant that had private huts, so we could be indoors but still keep J safe. I got my burger with bacon and an egg on a pretzel bun with homemade chips on the side. It was pretty good!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Not sure where I left off with dinner but Monday I made a bowl with brown rice, green onion, stewed tomatoes, black beans and avocado. Tuesday I made a garbanzo cake sandwich on multiple-grain bread and added hummus, red pepper, tomato, spinach leaves and swiss cheese. Tonight I'm undecided since I'm making bbq chicken for DH. I'll either finish up the spinach tortellini or make a bowl of lentil vegetable soup with a sweet potato.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A coworker gave me some eggs from his kid's yard birds. So I made. . .egg-in-a-hole? Or whatever people call it, with 2 slices of cheese on top cooked until melted, then flipped and cooked until the cheese was crispy. I love crispy cheese. Also fried 2 plain eggs in the leftover cheese oil/butter. So good!

Will probably make Korean sauna eggs in the Instant Pot with some of the rest of the eggs.

Yes, I could totally raise chickens at my house but it's always better when someone else does all the work :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.