What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They brought me a veggie burger, baked beans and mashed potatoes without asking me what I wanted. The veggie burgers are good but I don't want them every day and they had no mayo for the burger. I took the bun off and just ate the burger with a slice of tomato. The baked beans looked good but they are usually cooked with pork so I didn't eat them. The server walk away before I could ask her. They had tator tots on the menu which I wanted but I got the mashed potatoes instead. That was OK, I will never turn down any kind of potatoes. For dessert they had canned pears. Yuck! I guess next they will ban me from the dinning room for being so picky.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had 4 chicken thighs which had to be used today... could not wait another day...
I was at the grocery store this morning, right after 8am Mass... What a zoo! ridiculous..
I saw that on of my favorite cooks/chiefs had put out a line of marina sauce. Lydia Bastinach!! I love her!

A jar on on sale for $4.49!! a bargain! since it is a new item... I grabbed a jar...

Decided to pull out my 3 quart pan, cleaned the thighs, put them in the pan, with the jar of sauce.
Covered; cooked for 40 minutes at 375 degrees--stove crazy., covered...When they came up to temp, 160 degrees I took the cover off, sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese and some Whiskey flavored cheese on top; placed back in oven until completely melted...

OMG, it was so good! All I needed was pasta for a full meal...

I just had 2 thighs as it was... so good.... @ thighs for leftovers, with extra sauce...

I must say, Lydia's is a keeper for sauce.. I think it is better than jarred Raos..... and less expensive.
~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note; I do not know why I did this, but I ordered an iFoodie Grill Air Fryer for $160....
It is usually close to $190 or more... .. I have absolutely no room for it.. I do not know what or how I am going to use it.....
Winchester Winchester can you help/advise me????

I have wanted one for over a year---yes, Pam, you made me want one..... Yikes, what did I get myself into to??? I cannot afford it... but a combo B-day/Christmas/ gotcha Day gift for me....

I do need to eat healthy... I need help! for tasty meals.... help!! Help me Pam!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had leftovers of something I pulled from the freezer, Mojo chicken. My subscription delivery this week is Jamaican chicken which should be good. I think I included a broccoli salad in my order.

I'm already planning Thanksgiving dinner. Should that be it's own thread? It's just me and the cats so I'm not making anything big or fancy. I want to know what huge feast Winchester Winchester is cooking:anticipation:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
artiemom artiemom You are so funny! We can set up a time to chat on the phone about your NFG. I truly do love mine! I like Lidia, too. Whiskey-flavored cheese?? Oh my!

LTS3 LTS3 I just finished my menu for T-Day! It is just Rick and me, so nothing major. Start a thread and I’ll post!

I kind of messed up dinner tonight, but depending on how people like hot sauce, maybe not. I used some dry ranch dressing mixed with a wee bit of oil on chunks of potatoes. After adding the mixture to the potatoes, I thought, “Boy, they’re really red.” Turns out, the ranch dressing also contained Frank’s Red Hot sauce. Lots of it. Oy! After throwing the potatoes into the NFG, and air-frying them, I didn’t think they were bad. Dear Richard, OTOH, asked me what I was thinking. Did not go over well. The air-fried haddock wasn’t bad. Thank goodness. And vanilla ice cream for dessert.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yes, I am afraid of the Ninja Grilli.. I really am.. I still do not understand why I bought it.. Yikes....
Kind of scares me... I do not cook much, but.... I feel kind of stupid... it was an "I want it moment".....

Geoffrey is constipated.. I was really off on his laxatone and brushing, last week.
Not eating much.. or I should say: Eating everything except his food!

Yesterday, He vomited up the plastic packaging from an "Always" panty liner! I was certain I put it in the trash, but with static electricity, I do not know if it went all in...

I came home to him, not eating, crying, begin a pain. Found vomit, the plastic mixed in with a furball.... dam cat....

This morning, he was eating the ties to my fleece robe. OMgosh... anything but food!

My supper will be leftover chicken in the sauce with more Parmsesean cheese, along with a salad...
It was really good...
My grated thumb is still aching... ugh...

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Yes, I am afraid of the Ninja Grilli.. I really am.. I still do not understand why I bought it.. Yikes....
Kind of scares me... I do not cook much, but.... I feel kind of stupid... it was an "I want it moment".....

Geoffrey is constipated.. I was really off on his laxatone and brushing, last week.
Not eating much.. or I should say: Eating everything except his food!

Yesterday, He vomited up the plastic packaging from an "Always" panty liner! I was certain I put it in the trash, but with static electricity, I do not know if it went all in...

I came home to him, not eating, crying, begin a pain. Found vomit, the plastic mixed in with a furball.... dam cat....

This morning, he was eating the ties to my fleece robe. OMgosh... anything but food!

My supper will be leftover chicken in the sauce with more Parmsesean cheese, along with a salad...
It was really good...
My grated thumb is still aching... ugh...
Don't feel bad about the NFG. I bought one from Kohl's a couple of months ago when it was on sale and I had a 30% off code. It's still in the box. I also had that "I want one" moment. :rolleyes2:

I made beef ribs last night. Obviously NOT in the NFG. :lol:

I still have some so I will warm them up for tonight with a veggie on the side.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I do online surveys and, actually, I have you, Kat0121 Kat0121 , to thank for getting me started. And that's how I got the 5-in-1 NFG and then, later on, the XL NFG. They were sent to me to do a six-week consumer testing and then, at the end of the time, they said I could keep them. When I first found out that I was selected, I walked around the house singing, "I'm gonna get a Foodi Grill! I'm gonna get a Foodi Grill!" :paperbag: When it came, I opened it up, looked at it, and said, "Hmmm, what shall I make?!" Took everything apart, cleaned the pans, and grilled the best cheeseburgers ever. And I was hooked. I grilled, I baked a cake, I air-crisped (what Ninja calls air-frying). And the rest is history. A few months later, I got an email to test the XL and I said, "Bring it!" And we went through the same thing. I took pictures, I did a video, I tested and I answered tons of questions. Best meatloaf ever. Best baked potatoes ever. Great fries. Wonderful veggies. An outstanding pork roast. I can do casseroles in the XL; I've done mac and cheese, tuna and noodles, etc. Whole chickens, turkey breasts. I can do complete meals in the NFG, starting with veggies and then, when the veggies are almost done, throw a couple pork chops in the thing. I still have both of them and I probably use them more than the stove and oven. Both have a dehydrator function that I don't use, simply because I have my own dehydrator. But I've used all the other functions. The XL has a temperature probe that takes a lot of the guesswork out of wondering when food is done. It sounds like I'm hawking the NFGs. I'm not. That's how much I really do like them.

That being said, I just bought the NFG 7-in-1, with the Griddle. Not only does it heat from the top, but it also heats from the bottom. And you can grill with the lid open. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. This one I paid for; I'm not doing any consumer testing. My son is going to take the XL (you will pry the 5-in-1 from my cold, dead hands....I am never giving that up). I'm hoping I like the Grill and Griddle as much as I like the other ones.

Anyway......dinner tonight will be hoagies. We grabbed a few groceries this morning and Rick was really in the mood for a hoagie. Works for me.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heated black beans and corn (from cans) mixed together, with Goya sazon seasoning stirred in. A couple of slices of American cheese on top of the hot vegetables to soften, then topped with a flipped egg. For mine I put some BBQ sauce over the cheese / under the egg. Pleasant easy dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.