What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie tomorrow we are having beer brats with rice and beans too! We will probably have asparagus with it.
Well as it turned out,when I mentioned to him about the red beans and rice,he shot me "a look" and I knew that wasn't such a good idea.So...I had a box mix of cajun dirty rice and that's what I fixed.It was delicious and he agreed.I went ahead and sliced some tomatoes and set out the bottle of ranch,but neither of us used it.They were so good!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night, I tried; for the first time, ever---one of the building's chicken parm meals. I got chicken with a tiny scoop of pasta and a tiny scoop of their 'sauce". Surprisingly, it was not all that bad.

I mean, I make my own sauce, grew up in an area of awesome Italian restaurants and grew up with Italian neighbors...

The last time I tasted their sauce, ti was disgusting. Since then, They added an additional Assistant chef. The sauce was not bad. it was edible. So not bad...

I tried their 'soup'---the stock was flavorful, the veggies where blah----too large to eat, and not many... I have to remember to repot this when there is a new meeting fo the food committee... if ever.....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I made a veggie slow cooker soup yesterday, with carrots, onion, celery, edamame, stewed tomatoes and white kidney beans. So had that last night, and am going to have another serving for lunch, before portioning the rest out for the freezer.

Not sure about tonight, yet, but since I still have fresh tomatoes, could likely be toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We stopped at Sift, an excellent bakery, in Mystic, on our way home from Maine yesterday. Amongst other things, we bought a mushroom baguette. I'm going to make cheesesteaks with our baguette tonight for dinner.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure where I left off but this week's menu was/is...
Sun... pizza
Mon...waffles, eggs, bacon
Tues...cheesy turkey burger casserole
Wed... taco
Today...spaghetti with garlic bread
Fri and Sat... out for dinner

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Winchester, post: 5428125, member: 36553 Amongst other things, we bought a mushroom baguette. I'm going to make cheesesteaks with our baguette tonight for dinner.
[/QUOTE]
That sounds so good. I love baguettes and mushrooms. You can also cook those big mushrooms and put them in a hamburger bun. To me they are better than veggie burgers.

Last night they had tomato soup so I went to the dining room and was going to have my favorite meal, tomato soup and a grilled cheese. The aide told me that the soup had chichen broth so I got buttered noodles and a spinach and strawberry salad.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTE="Winchester, post: 5428125, member: 36553 Amongst other things, we bought a mushroom baguette. I'm going to make cheesesteaks with our baguette tonight for dinner.
That sounds so good. I love baguettes and mushrooms. You can also cook those big mushrooms and put them in a hamburger bun. To me they are better than veggie burgers.

Last night they had tomato soup so I went to the dining room and was going to have my favorite meal, tomato soup and a grilled cheese. The aide told me that the soup had chichen broth so I got buttered noodles and a spinach and strawberry salad.
[/QUOTE]

Speaking as someone who would starve over eating tomato soup, I'm baffled as to how chicken broth would get in there. But I have no clue how to make it!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking as someone who would starve over eating tomato soup, I'm baffled as to how chicken broth would get in there.
Hmm, yeah, I wonder if the aide was confused because none of these have chicken broth:
Tomato Soup - WebstaurantStore

It seems like an odd addition to tomato soup! But who knows, maybe their supplier does add chicken broth.

I'm having a craving for one of those loaves of bread that have like sundried tomatoes and olives and other salty things in it. I'm going shopping in Sioux Falls tonight but it can be hard to find a bakery that has exactly what I want, especially since I'm going after usual business hours. I'm not even really sure where to look. Fareway? Aldi? The fancy bakery? Hmm. I've only gotten this bread from Whole Foods in Omaha before, but I haven't been to Omaha since the pandemic started. Hope I can find it.

Since I'll be in the city, it's takeout tonight. Probably Qdoba, but might make an impulse decision once I'm there.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Speaking as someone who would starve over eating tomato soup, I'm baffled as to how chicken broth would get in there. But I have no clue how to make it!
[/QUOTE]

When I made my tomato soup from scratch; I used beef bones and a chuck steak......

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I have some catching up to do - met friends two days in a row this week. Monday I had falafel on pita bread with tomato, onion and tahini sauce, Tuesday I had an avocado grilled cheese sandwich with caesar salad, Wednesday I had a large sweet potato with zucchini and hummus, tonight I had a large veggie salad with sautéed veggies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For lunch, I had Santa Fe rice and beans, quite tasty for a frozen dinner. I think that supper will be a Stouffer's stuffed pepper.

OH...a VERY kind friend is sending me a wonderful bar stool, with a nice, comfy, wide seat, just the right height for my counter and stove, so I'll be able to cook again in the foreseeable future! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.