What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks really, really yummy. But a lot of ingredients I don't normally have. Did you substitute anything?
Nope! Lol, I almost had to substitute the zucchini, though, because the store was all out and I was googling zucchini substitutes when a worker came to refill them.

No wait, I did use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce because there was less salt in it. I've been avoiding soy sauce for J until I finish the bottle and can buy a low sodium version (usually I just wouldn't put the sauce on hers, but since we were traveling with it, I had to pre-sauce it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight is baked beans and oatmeal brown bread. Both from the freezer, which I let thaw while I mowed the lawn.

Nope! Lol, I almost had to substitute the zucchini, though, because the store was all out and I was googling zucchini substitutes when a worker came to refill them.
Zucchini I think I'd be able to find. But I'm not a fan of toasted sesame oil. And can't see buying the garlic chili sauce for half a teaspoon. Might have to tweak it a bit if I make it.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zucchini I think I'd be able to find. But I'm not a fan of toasted sesame oil. And can't see buying the garlic chili sauce for half a teaspoon. Might have to tweak it a bit if I make it.
I'm sure another oil would work. Chili garlic sauce is very similar to sriracha from what I understand. It's in a lot of our recipes, so I always have some of it around.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're having quinoa burgers for dinner tonight on an onion roll. I like mine with sweet red pepper hummus, spinach leaves, tomato and baby swiss cheese. DH loves the onion rolls from a nearby bakery and I like them a lot too. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dinner tonight was baked tenderloin sandwiches with lettuce and tomato,and I made a cucumber and onion salad.It was delicious!I made a double batch of anise biscotti,so we both had a small cup of decaf hazelnut cream coffee to dunk them in.Oh my!So good!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And J and I had the leftovers of the veggie quinoa bowl for dinner because I didn't have enough time to cook before DWTS, J was fussy, and my husband wasn't hungry.

Lol, I put some quinoa on her spoon for her, but J decided she wanted to try picking it up with her fingers instead. Didn't work too well.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For lunch, I had the last of my Mom's Meals...the chicken breast with mushroom gravy, wild rice and "seasoned" green beans again. I really like that meal. I may order three of them next time. Supper will be...whatever is on top of the pile in the freezer. LOL, when you can't cook, you tend to just grab whatever is closest, and go with that.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Italian sausage with potatoes and carrots.
This did not go well and of course the non-compassionate people living in my house let me know about it. Not sure why but the potatoes and carrots didn't cook down enough to be soft. They were in the oven for an hour so they shouldn't have been as hard as they were. Still edible but definitely not how they should be.

Tonight is nachos.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This did not go well and of course the non-compassionate people living in my house let me know about it. Not sure why but the potatoes and carrots didn't cook down enough to be soft. They were in the oven for an hour so they shouldn't have been as hard as they were. Still edible but definitely not how they should be.

Tonight is nachos.
They didn't burn? I feel like I roast veggies for like 20 minutes and I get burned pieces. Everything would be charred to a crisp after an hour. :p

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They didn't burn? I feel like I roast veggies for like 20 minutes and I get burned pieces. Everything would be charred to a crisp after an hour. :p
No. They didn't burn. 30 minutes covered in foil, 20 minutes, uncovered at 425*. Maybe because I keep them thick. Baby potatoes cut into fours and baby carrots cut in half.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made a big salad with sautéed vegetables for me and bbq chicken for DH which he had as a sandwich on an onion roll with a baked potato. We both had strawberries for dessert. I was hiding my dark chocolate covered espresso beans from him and snuck a few after he left the kitchen. :flail:

Status
Not open for further replies.