What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zita with 4 cheese sauce, brussels sprouts, roll and chocolate cake with cream cheese icing. I have to say it was all delicious.

They took us to Target last week and I brought 4 packs of frozen vegetables ( 2 broccoli and 2 tator tots made from cauliflower). I didn't have room for them in my tiny freezer so I put them the fridge they have in the activies room. Last night our aide asked me if the 4 bags of vegetables were mine. They were and she said she found them in Diane's room in her dresser. I love Diane but boy was I mad. She has dementia and I know she can't help it. The aide said they would replace them because they were thawed out and I could not use them. It's hard enough for me to get something I can eat here and now I have to worry about my own food I that I have to buy if I want some protein.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard enough for me to get something I can eat here and now I have to worryabout my own food I that I have to buy if I want some protein.
Just a suggestion, if you want to keep something on hand for protein that doesn't need refrigeration and don't want to worry about Diane confiscating it you could buy Lara Bars on your next shopping visit. Although they can't replace a meal they do have protein, are healthier than most snack bars, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and pretty darn good. They have a 9 month shelf life too. I always have a supply on hand for when I know I'll be away from home and get hungry. My favorite is the peanut butter but they have many different varieties: LÄRABAR | Our Products

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight was another toasted tomato and cheese sandwich.
And last night and the night before I had rotini with home made tomato sauce.

If I keep eating tomatoes like this, one of these days I'm going to look in the mirror and see a tomato looking back at me. :lol:

1632260035377.png

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will not be having hamburgers tonight. My husband and I decided on Popeyes chicken sandwiches after my ophthalmologist appointment. When I had three bites left of my chicken sandwich I noticed the chicken was pink. My husband doesn’t look at his food as he eats it so he was already done with his. About two hours after we got home I ran to the bathroom and he ran to the other bathroom, thank God we have two bathrooms. It hit me one way 💩and him the other 🤮if you know what I mean.
Thankfully my ophthalmologist said the nick in my cornea is healing well. I don’t have to see her for a year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I had three bites left of my chicken sandwich I noticed the chicken was pink. My husband doesn’t look at his food as he eats it so he was already done with his. About two hours after we got home I ran to the bathroom and he ran to the other bathroom, thank God we have two bathrooms. It hit me one way 💩and him the other 🤮if you know what I mean.
I hope you're going to call the Popeyes you went to and report it. That's very disturbing and unhealthy. :cringe:

I had an old standby for dinner tonight - falafel with broccoli and cauliflower. Strawberries for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I shall have a Smart Ones Chicken Enchilada Suiza. I'm really enjoying the Smart Ones dinners. They're pretty good, and quite flavorful. Of course, the Healthy Choice Buddha Bowl (vegan, BTW) is GREAT! LOTS of flavor in there! I have at least one a week.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a suggestion, if you want to keep something on hand for protein that doesn't need refrigeration and don't want to worry about Diane confiscating it you could buy Lara Bars on your next shopping visit. Although they can't replace a meal they do have protein, are healthier than most snack bars, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and pretty darn good. They have a 9 month shelf life too. I always have a supply on hand for when I know I'll be away from home and get hungry. My favorite is the peanut butter but they have many different varieties: LÄRABAR | Our Products
I will get my brother to get me a box of the peanut butter when he goes to Wegmans tomorrow. My sister got me a box of Think! when I first came here but I did not care for them. I still have them and it says on the box that they have 13 grams of protein which is a lot.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up making the ravioli with the ham. But instead of toasting them in the NFG, I sauteed some cabbage, onion, and peppers and then added the boiled ravioli to the onion mix. Kind of like pierogies, I guess. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I'll do it again.

Tuna and noodles tonight. I swear Rick could live on tuna and noodles.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a change of plans yesterday so we ended up having tonight's dinner yesterday which was waffles, eggs, and bacon.

Got home and youngest told me he needed a haircut for ROTC inspections the next day. Not what I wanted to hear as all I wanted to do was grab a snack and watch some TV.

Ended up being worse than anticipated. Disabled car on Solomons Bridge so traffic was backed up. What should have been a 20 minute drive ended up taking almost an hour. Then coming home, we hit traffic from the Navy base so more traffic.

The last thing I wanted to do when we got home was start right in on dinner so I opted to make the easier dinner last night and we will have the lasagna roll ups tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I broke down and got myself a Junior Roast Beef Sandwich with mayo, shredded lettuce and tomato.. It was so good. Not a Junior size at all. I love this place!

I was not feeling well the day before, Tuesday, so I felt as if I needed something solid and som beef protein.

I may go back there today for a chicken sandwich! or chicken tenders....

Such a clean place.. and so good. Has been around for years..

The dining room had nothing appetizing the past few nights. I did not feel like a salad. I need solid, this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.