What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I made cheesesteaks last night. Chipped beef with lots of sautéed onions and peppers. Baby Swiss cheese from our local cheesemaker down the road. On homemade hoagie rolls. With a bit of salsa spooned over. It doesn't get much better than that.

Hamburger vegetable soup tonight with freshly made baking powder biscuits.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I made cheesesteaks last night. It doesn't get much better than that.
I'm coming to your house tonight! 😉

Last night I made one of my bowls, i.e. brown rice, shredded carrots, broccoli, stewed tomatoes, black beans and green onions. Honeycrisp apple fresh from the farmer's market for dessert.
I'm baking a chocolate chip banana bread today so not sure if I'll have room for dinner, lol. :lol:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had some grocery shopping to do today so while in town,and had to go to Woods for cold cuts and hubby's favorite cheese,there was their fried chicken calling our name,fresh out of the fryer!Yup...that's dinner...he wants the leftover macaroni salad and I'm making me a salad.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch tonight was chicken, broccoli and penne pasta in some sort of reasonably tasty cream sauce. Supper will be...whatever is on top of the stack of frozen meals. I try to put them away so I don't eat the same protein several times in a row, and I don't really have to think about it. I also realized that I have a container of sour cream in the fridge, still WELL in date, and frozen taquitos in the freezer, so I may throw ALL caution to the winds and have taquitos!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Had some grocery shopping to do today so while in town,and had to go to Woods for cold cuts and hubby's favorite cheese,there was their fried chicken calling our name,fresh out of the fryer!Yup...that's dinner...he wants the leftover macaroni salad and I'm making me a salad.
It's been ages since I had fried chicken. Our son texted me a picture of his fried chicken the other night. We have this standing battle over who makes the best fried chicken.....it's definitely him. And I've been starving for fried chicken ever since. You didn't help matters! I dearly love fried chicken, but never seem to have it.

The beef vegetable soup didn't happen last night. I made tomato sauce, but that was as far as I got. Put the sauce in the fridge and we'll have vegetable soup for our Saturday night supper. We got busy with some other stuff and ended up with a frozen pizza.

I think we're (finallly!!) going for Chinese tonight. Another food I've been wanting!

As for a road trip, c'mon in!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night my semi vegetarian buddy and I were given a plate full of steak fries for dinner last night. That's all they had to offer us. I'm not complaining, I did enjoy them, but that was a bit much. I also asked for a side salad.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last night was vegetarian baked beans, with a slice of oatmeal brown bread, and an apple for dessert.
Lots of leftovers, so probably the same for tonight.

I made the baked beans in my brand new slow cooker. I got a 6-quart Hamilton Beach one, and it worked well yesterday. Looking forward to using it a lot this fall / winter as I get back to hot foods like soups and chili.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...I did not have the taquitos. I was just not into it. I did have Sante Fe Something or Other...Mexican rice, black beans, corn, and a queso sauce that's really good. Yes, I'm here in the morning. No, I am not happy. I put in an order with Instacart, scheduled for delivery between 6-8PM this evening, put the wrong PIN number in, and forgot to reset the delivery time when I re-entered the PIN. So now I'm sitting here, waiting on Instacart. And pouting.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been ages since I had fried chicken. Our son texted me a picture of his fried chicken the other night. We have this standing battle over who makes the best fried chicken.....it's definitely him. And I've been starving for fried chicken ever since. You didn't help matters! I dearly love fried chicken, but never seem to have it.

The beef vegetable soup didn't happen last night. I made tomato sauce, but that was as far as I got. Put the sauce in the fridge and we'll have vegetable soup for our Saturday night supper. We got busy with some other stuff and ended up with a frozen pizza.

I think we're (finallly!!) going for Chinese tonight. Another food I've been wanting!

As for a road trip, c'mon in!
Oh I have been craving oriental food,especially hot and sour soup,but I haven't pushed the issue.I don't fry anything and haven't for years,but their fried chicken is so good it's the one thing we kinda splurge on every once in awhile...a real treat for us.I usually get a 12 piece bag,and their price went up to $14.99,but I get at least 4 meals from that so.....Enjoy your Chinese tonight!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is there a substitute for artichokes? The cannellini aglio e olio recipe I made was good but the canned artichokes did not agree with my stomach :oops: I had the same issue with steamed fresh artichokes before.

I'm working my way through the last Moroccan beef and veggie meal from the freezer. My next delivery is in 2 weeks. I ordered Tuscan Chicken, a new offering. The week after that is another new dish, Mojo Chicken, which I'll try.

Status
Not open for further replies.