What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2 cheese calzon stuffed with pineapple,pepperoni and sausage and the desert we shared after

Your dessert looks as yummy as the one I treated myself to today, triple chocolate mousse cake :yummy:

20210913_170208[1].jpg

Dinner was a rotisserie chicken leg quarter and cannellini aglio e olio I used a can of garbanzo beans instead.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is parmesan crusted chicken with bacon
I goofed. I could have sworn I had this recipe already printed out but couldn't find it. Reprinted it. Now I know why I must have trashed it. Got ready to make it last night and realized it said I would need a wire rack. I don't have one. So... chicken nuggets and cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes for the win. I told my family that they should know that if we are having nuggets, mom messed up on what we were supposed to be having in one way or the other.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rick is having canned chow mein for his dinner. I'll be making a sandwich: lettuce, tomato, Seltzer's lebanon, and a couple slices of cheese. Mustard and mayo. (I cannot eat that chow mein stuff!)
My husband would never let me eat something different from him. Too paranoid that I am trying to poison him. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rick is having canned chow mein for his dinner. I'll be making a sandwich: lettuce, tomato, Seltzer's lebanon, and a couple slices of cheese. Mustard and mayo. (I cannot eat that chow mein stuff!)
Is it the La Choy? My late DH liked that stuff. I think it's horrid. :cringe:

Turkey burger and veggies for me tonight.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
They had a new item on the menu: flatbread pizza. It was not bad. Some flatbread, with a bit of tomato sauce some sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and a tiny bit of mozzarella.
It was a bit bland-just needed more basil or even some oregano on it

They also had an intriguing Penne with creamy tomato Vodka sauce.
I cannot use dairy, so I asked the chief about it. They used a mix of both almond and oat milk!! Yum... It was very good. I tried a scoop of it.. Penne was a bit over cooked.

I had to run down, after eating, to tell the chief, how good it was.

There is a new chief... not the head one, but this guy has worked in very good restaurants. He has been here almost a year. I heard he was very restricted on what he wanted to put on the menu. I hope they are listening to him, and getting better quality food.

We shall see.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked canned spaghetti as a kid but couldn't stand canned chow
mein. It was just awful. I can't believe they still sell it. My mother used to make her own version of chow mein and it was pretty good.

Tonight we had cheese pizza and squash. Last night they
gave me a spinach salad and rice smotherd in meat gravy. I only ate the few pieces of tomato that was in the salad. I don't like raw spinach.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oldest kid, probably. I have heard parents refer to kids in a lot worse terms. :lol:
YEP, klunick klunick got it! I have two of them, referred to as "Spawn 1" and "Spawn 2." When they would call the hospital after my stroke, the person taking the call would say, "Is this Spawn 1 or 2, please?"

Is it the La Choy? My late DH liked that stuff. I think it's horrid. :cringe:
It just depends on how much you like the taste of metal cans, I guess...

Tonight will be...something. I know I have ONE Healthy Choice left, then a freezer stocked with Smart Ones. I'll probably kill off that last Healthy Choice meal. I THINK it is Korean Beef, but don't hold me to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.