What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I only like rye on a reuben, but maybe Dave's is better than usual.

I'm a little late to this party, but I finally remembered to look for DKB at Costco. It's not in the freezer section, just in the regular bread section, and it's $6.99 for 2 loaves, which is entirely acceptable for me. They only have the original 21 grains and nuts kind. I also got some chicken salad, so that's lunch for tomorrow, will report back with what I think of DKB!
$6.99 for two is great for DKB. I've been telling my husband we need a Costco membership!

I had a ham sandwich for dinner. Miracle whip on it! I still feel a bit odd allowing myself any soy. But so far, so good I think.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi I am sorry. I just now saw your question about herbs for my pizza. I used a bit of marinara sauce that I thawed from the freezer. It already had garlic, basil, oregano, marjoram, and some olive oil from when I originally made it last fall. But I added more of those same herbs because it had been frozen. I also threw in just a wee bit of white balsamic vinegar to give it a little brightness. And then, right before Rick threw the finished pizza into the NFG, I sprinkled a little more basil on top of the pizza. Hope that helps.

Something I do with pizza (whether flatbread or my dough) is I sprinkle some cheese right on the crust before slathering the sauce. I think it helps to keep the crust from becoming a big soggy. That could just be me. So it’s the crust, cheese, sauce, toppings, and then more cheese. Followed by a quick sprinkle of basil to finish. Oh, and if don’t put sauce all the way out to the edges of the crust, then I brush some olive oil onto the edge. I think it helps give it a nice touch.

And that’s way more than you wanted to know!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Chicken and waffles with peach crisp. One of the heat and eat meals, and reasonably good, actually! Getting low on those, so I'll be making my first Instacart order on Monday. I'm going to have to depend on microwave meals for a good while yet, so Healthy Choice is going to get a workout!!!

NOTE TO SELF...IF PCH ever comes to my door, sign up for FRESHLY!!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I met friends for dinner and we ate on the patio of one of the women. We all brought our own food because we couldn't agree on what to order in. :lol: It was still hot so I made a huge salad with spinach leaves, avocado, zucchini, red pepper, green onions and strawberries.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IF PCH ever comes to my door
Wish they would come here! ;)

Despite having a plan, the Naan pizzas haven't happened yet. Maybe tonight.
Same here. Didn't have the pizza sub, so maybe that will happen tonight. Last night I had mac & cheese and put some cauliflower in it. Yummy! Those two really go good together. :yummy:

Status
Not open for further replies.