What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe steak sauce for the steak one. A1 is the best.
Unfortunately he didn't care for the calzone because he said it was mostly bread and very little filling. :ohwell:

Falafel with broccoli, sliced carrots and cauliflower for me tonight. DH is having a chicken sandwich with bbq sauce from the baked chicken I made last week. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We are going to shoot for our steaks tonight, since Rick didn’t feel well yesterday. I put dried beans in the fridge last night to soak. Will prepare them today. If Rick doesn’t feel well enough to do the steaks on the outside grill, I will throw them in the NFG. My sister gave us macaroni salad. It works.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately he didn't care for the calzone because he said it was mostly bread and very little filling.
Did he put any sauce on it? Yeah, mine didn't have much for filling either, just cheese, no sauce! I cooked mine at 400, which was too high. Or I cooked it too long- 14 minutes. Kinda burnt.

From what I remember the Morning Star nuggets were better.
I like to cook them with BBQ sauce or hot sauce on them.

My sister gave us macaroni salad.
Now I'm craving mac salad. I'll have to get some in our next grocery order. It's so good with hot sauce on it.

For dinner, I will probably have a Marie Callender's vegetarian pot pie. Will add salt, pepper, hot sauce. I need to start using things up in the freezer, and now that our Aldi church orders are done with, this is the perfect time.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Did he put any sauce on it? Yeah, mine didn't have much for filling either, just cheese, no sauce! I cooked mine at 400, which was too high. Or I cooked it too long- 14 minutes. Kinda burnt.
No sauce, I know you suggested A1 steak sauce but he prefers not to use it because it's high in sodium. He also cooked it at 400 for 15 minutes. He said the cheese in it was sparse too. Oh well, at least he tried it but won't be buying it again.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He also cooked it at 400 for 15 minutes.
Yeah, the directions were crap on it. It said either 375 or 400, then 10-14 minutes. So I was left guessing which to try. I should have done 400 for less minutes than 14, or lowered the heat to 375. I'll experiment again, but wish they put veggies in it instead of just cheese.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My neighbor went to pick up two new prescriptions for me, and brought us each a 6" sub from Subway, so dinner was covered for me, AND I had company! Tomorrow will be left-overs, and I am ASSURED that my 14 days of meals will arrive on Thursday!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My neighbor went to pick up two new prescriptions for me, and brought us each a 6" sub from Subway, so dinner was covered for me, AND I had company! Tomorrow will be left-overs, and I am ASSURED that my 14 days of meals will arrive on Thursday!
I'm so glad you're home and on the mend!Answered prayers!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I was in a cheerful mood I made a good dinner. Why cheerful? I potted up more cannas and other plants, somewhat straightened out my garage bay / potting area, and the plumber was here and repaired the leaking outside water pipe. Good deal Lucille!

Dinner was salmon fillet with a squeeze of lime / soy sauce / olive oil marinade, rice, green beans with sauteed onions. And the last of a nice bottle of riesling spatlese.

Dinner_2021-06_salmon, rice, green beans with onions.jpg

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The leftovers from the Cantonese restaurant didn't happen last night. Instead I made a quick serving of pasta and sauce with a Yasso coffee chocolate chip bar for dessert. But we're definitely having the leftovers tonight and I can't wait since we really liked their food.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
UM...well, I wanted to make a sandwich with the left-over brisket, but I don't have any bread. SO...either just the brisket, or I'll look into ordering in tonight. The budget will bear it very nicely right now. And tomorrow, supplies should be here.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making some egg noodles with plant butter, dairy free parmesan, and bacon, and may throw in some nutritional yeast for a bit more cheesy flavor.

I've finished my seven days of soy milk and I'm on my first day of waiting. I can't tell for sure if J has passed or not, but I feel like overall things are going well and I should hopefully be able to put in the highly refined soybean oil (which would be a big help) and perhaps lecithin, even if I decide to keep out bigger things like tofu and soy sauce. Of course, if I put it back in totally and change my mind, I can always cut it again. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.