What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do any of you guys eat Pita Chips? Is Stacy's the best brand, or are store brand just as good? Trying to figure out if I want to spend the extra money and get the Stacy's brand name.
It's pretty much all the same IMO. You can make pita chips yourself. Just cut up some pita bread, add salt and other spices / seasonings, then bake until crispy. Lots of recipes online. Here's a basic one:

How To Make Homemade Pita Chips

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, Rick had leftover spaghetti....I swear that man could live on spaghetti. As for me, I opened a can tuna and made a bit of tuna salad. I wasn't really all that hungry.

We still have two burgers left from dinner on Saturday. We'll heat them up and I'll make a salad. Works. You know, I'm in the mood for deviled eggs. Maybe I'll throw some together.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Himself had his birthday yesterday. I made bacon wrapped scallops, two huge portobello mushroom caps stuffed with diced and sauteed mushroom stems, shallots, red pepper, and shrimp. Rice. Braised carrots and celery.

Paul's Birthday Dinner_2021-05_plated.jpg
Didn't bake anything. Perhaps today. He really enjoys Wellsley fudge cake which I make in a Bundt pan rather than as layer cake. But that's too much for the two of us. I have halved the recipe, baked in a square pan, then cut in thirds to make it into a layer cake. That's one option. Or I could convert it into muffin/cupcakes. What do you all think?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Himself had his birthday yesterday. I made bacon wrapped scallops, two huge portobello mushroom caps stuffed with diced and sauteed mushroom stems, shallots, red pepper, and shrimp. Rice. Braised carrots and celery.

Didn't bake anything. Perhaps today. He really enjoys Wellsley fudge cake which I make in a Bundt pan rather than as layer cake. But that's too much for the two of us. I have halved the recipe, baked in a square pan, then cut in thirds to make it into a layer cake. That's one option. Or I could convert it into muffin/cupcakes. What do you all think?
I vote for cupcakes :tongue:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I vote for making the full recipe and eating it all anyway! Lol! :p

But in reality, cupcakes might be easiest.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The fudge cake in a Bundt pan sounds delicious. I'd make the full recipe, in the Bundt pan, then divide it up and freeze for another time when you're both craving something chocolatey.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner tonight they offered a egg salad sandwich or a open faced turkey sandwich. For side dishes they offered green beans with bacon, mashed potatoes with gravy and some sauteed vegetables. I wanted something more than just a little sauteed vegetables so I made a naan pizza with two pieces of swiss cheese, pizza sauce, black olives and salt and pepper. I also had a protein drink for extra protein (nasty stuff). For desert I will have a few. Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Following the consensus I made cupcakes. Finished some cupcakes with a chocolate glaze. Himself said dessert was good. Left some plain, for the freezer.

It would have been better had I baked yesterday. A) It was his actual birthday, and B) cleaning lady was here today and I baked after she had left. Which meant I had to clean up what had been a sparkling clean kitchen.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
WELL...today was inspection, but I made a store run at 7AM. Bought about $150 in spices, since everything in my cabinet is/was WAY past its "best by" date. YAY! ALL NEW, ORGANIC SPICES! While I was there, I picked up carrots and potatoes (you KNOW I have onions!) to do a roast in my crockpot on Wednesday (maybe Sunday). I also picked up a prepared cobb salad, since I knew I wouldn't be up to cooking tonight, and I was craving something leafy and green! OH...got some vine-ripened tomatoes, as well, both for the salad and for sandwiches!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ate leftovers from last night.

I went to Mariano's tonight and found this:
0511212124.jpg

So excited. Now I can enjoy tacos again hopefully.

I may have a problem called buying too many dairy free ice creams....

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having some of Amy's chili and some Fritos. I saw on a cooking show once that you can add chili to a small bag of Fritios and heat it up in the micowave and you have a meal and no clean up. I'ts tasty. I'm also having some pickled beets and a diet coke. For desert I'm having a Hershey bar with almonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.