What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry my post are so boring.
Not boring at all, we enjoy hearing when you get an appetizing meal that you like or something you can make for yourself like a naan pizza. 🍕

Tonight I made a bowl for myself with brown rice, broccoli, shredded carrots, green onion, stewed tomatoes and avocado. Honeycrisp apple for dessert. Not too exciting but it was what I had a taste for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. There's a nice ham steak in the kitchen freezer that I could make with a side of butternut squash. But I'm hungry for pancakes, blueberry pancakes, to be exact (and I never eat blueberry pancakes). Nothing else, just pancakes. Also thinking about mac and cheese. We have mac and cheese often, but Rick loves the stuff and I have to admit that I love it, too.

I don't know! I'll think of something. Hmmm, those blueberry pancakes.....(I could check and see if we have any sausage downstairs)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Busy day today...morning doctor appointments,came home and he had a ton of stuff to get going on with his bees,I had 3 batches of blueberry/raspberry jam to work up (15 pints!),laundry,etc etc. so dinner was catch whatever...he wanted a ham and cheese sandwich on a cheddar biscuit and I heated up a pork chop and some leftover mashed potatoes.Tomorrow's another day.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cut a large tillapia fillet in half along seam and then into strips. Marinate with soy sauce, sherry, and some ponzu.

While the fish is marinating slice up: onion, asparagus, mushrooms, carrots. Take part of package of petite whole baby green beans out of freezer.

Meanwhile jasmine rice is cooking.

Stir fry vegetables in sequence from sturdy to soft. Push to sides of wok and add drained pieces of fish to center where it is hotter. Sir fry. Push everything back to center of wok, add marinade thinned with a little water and quickly clap on lid. Let finish cooking.

Prepare some corn starch / water and use to thicken sauces in wok. Plate up.

For next time - cut itty bitty green beans in half rather than leave whole. Cut carrot into thinner pieces. Otherwise - it was nice.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They gave me macaroni salad with eggs, dinner roll, a salad and a piece of strawberry cream pie with marshmallow icing for dinner. Brussel sprouts was on the menu but I did not get any. The only thing I could eat was the salad so I added swiss cheese, sunflower seeds and chick peas for some protein and I opened a can of green beans and beets that I added for some nutrition. Their salad only had lettuce and a few bits of tomatoes. For dessert I am going to have some plant based yogurt.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to try TJ's cauliflower and broccoli patties tonight. The directions say you can make them in the oven or heat them in a skillet but I'm not sure which way I will prepare them yet. I like to try new products from them so hopefully these will be tasty.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bought a package of Minneolas
I love those, I forget what they are a cross of. We don't have a Hannaford here anymore, so I never saw them again. 🍊

I'm sorry my post are so boring.
Pasta is never ever boring my dear. At least not in my world. 🍝

I just bought mini naan bread
The mini naan bread I bought did fit in the toaster! I had to use 2 pieces because they are so small. I'm gonna try making 2 mini pizzas with the last 2. The other ones I just toasted up and put butter and cinnamon sugar. They tasted like fried bread dough!

Breakfast: Bakery On Main banana nut granola with 1/3 cup 2% cow milk and half a diced Pinata apple. Yum, I like the banana flavor and brazil nuts. The Pinata apples are pretty good, they are huge. The bruised ones tasted bitter though.

Lunch: Snack plate= Aldi garlic pita crackers, the other half of that Pinata apple diced, Aldi mature Irish cheese diced, pecans, dried fruit medley, dried dates, one vegan marshmallow, Aldi black bean tortilla chips, corn black bean salsa, red jalapeno hot sauce. These garlic pita crackers are weird. They taste good crushed up on a casserole, but on a snack plate they clash.

Dinner: Corn pudding casserole with cheese on it, red jalapeno hot sauce, crushed up Aldi garlic pita crackers on top, one mini Butterfingers bar on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.