What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Indifferent, but not actively bad, which is fine.
Ha! Not actively bad is always good. :lol:

Breakfast: Honey oat granola sample, dried guava, slivered almonds, pecans, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk. The dried guava has both sugar & salt on it. That took a bit of getting used to, but it's growing on me.

Lunch: Snack plate- cauliflower crackers, Aldi cheddar & sour cream baked chips, dried guava, 1 hard boiled egg, pickled jalapenos, pecans, finished up the Irish mild cheese, 3TB pineapple salsa.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad- lettuce, onion, tomato, red bell pepper, cucumber, half an avocado, 1 hard boiled egg, dried guava, flax/chia, tomato basil crumbled goat cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, cauliflower crackers, salsa sun chips, pickled jalapenos, slivered almonds, 3TB creamy Italian dressing.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i made a mistake cooking today added some of those lil yellow chilli peppers the spicy
Hot peppers are never a mistake in my opinion. 🌶

Wild rice, broccoli and a combination of spinach, corn, lima beans and onions with a blue berry muffin
That sounds really good! :yummy:

tablespoon of tomato powder mixed in.
I've been wanting to try tomato powder, I'm really curious about it.

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value honey wheat bread toasted, each slice had 1TB butter & 1Tsp clove sugar, finished it up. Also had half a diced Cara Cara orange on top. The sourness goes good with the sugar, tastes like a mild grapefruit.

Lunch: Snack plate- The other half of that Cara Cara orange, cauliflower crackers, apple/pear crisp, slice banana bread, dried guava, tomato basil goat cheese crumbles, 1 hard boiled egg, 1TB Butter, 1TB apricot preserves, 1TB white chocolate peanut butter.

Dinner: Veggie pasta alfredo- the veggies were roasted first, this really added to the flavor! Cauliflower, tomatoes, onions, garlic, bell peppers in olive oil & spice blend, added later & baked- frozen green beans, peas, carrots, corn mix, great northern beans, alfredo sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese. I added spicy fire salt, habanero hot sauce, crushed cauliflower crackers- finished those up.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy That sounds pretty good!
It was very good. It is hit or miss here. Tuesday night they gave me a piece of fish on top of some vegetables. I told the aide I did not want it. She took it back and brought me a plate with just vegetables. All they did was take the fish off and returned the plate to me. I could smell the fish on the rice and did not eat any of it. I had Naan pizza instead.

Tonight I had rice, spinach and a small salad. I added my own swiss cheese, chick peas and sun flower seeds for extra protein. For desert they gave me bread pudding. UGH!!! I would rather of had a fresh apple.

Maggiedemi: I did not see your post until after I posted this. Yes, last nights dinner was good. Your dinner also sounds good. It must of taken you a long time to make it.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Pepperoni and pepper pizza. Took the dough out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge and will take it out of the fridge around 1:00 this afternoon. The marinara has been thawing in the fridge, too, and I'll turn it into pizza sauce.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your dinner also sounds good. It must of taken you a long time to make it.
It took 3 hours to make. But I cannot tell a lie...Mom made it. Usually her cooking is terrible, but this was so good. I'm surprised she roasted the vegetables first, that's not something she would normally do. It really brought out the flavor. Yum yum.

Tonight we are having leftovers of that wonderful pasta for dinner. Dad and I did another round of dessert sampling for lunch. I still hate dessert. It's just too sweet for me. The only thing I like is fried bread dough, but I don't think that's really a dessert? And I like pancakes/french toast/waffles. But that's as sweet as I can go.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dad and I did another round of dessert sampling for lunch. I still hate dessert. It's just too sweet for me.
I know you're new to the concept of desserts, but generally dessert is the final course of a meal, not the entire meal. ;)
Seriously, though, a little sweetness goes a long way. And it's possible you may never enjoy desserts, but maybe try having just a cookie, or small piece of cake, etc. and see if you enjoy it more.🤗

Not sure what I'm having tonight. Possibly a veggie burger.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s leftovers night. Oldest son will have the remaining sloppy joes youngest and myself will have leftover homemade chicken fingers with rice pilaf and hubby will have leftover pizza. I’ll throw together a salad to balance it all out.
it’s a win win for me. No more leftovers and only reheating so I consider it a night off from the kitchen!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
try having just a cookie, or small piece of cake, etc. and see if you enjoy it more.
I thought the same thing. So I did try a little on my snack plate. But it's just too sweet for me. I'd rather have fried bread dough, or toast with cinnamon sugar, or pancakes with syrup. I don't even like muffins really, since they taste like cake. I love chips & crackers. I got the Triscuits! Haven't tried them yet though. I'm stuffed full.

Status
Not open for further replies.