What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight was the last of the Chinese food...one order fed me FOUR full meals! AND my first Instacart order came, so this next week will be lots of different Healthy Choice selections for dinner. Lord knows, there are enough of them for me not to get bored with the repetition!
Just be cautious of the sodium levels. These frozen foods and take outs have tons of sodium.. not good for you heart.. :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I roasted a turkey thigh. The girls and I shared it. I had veggies on the side. Tonight I will have parmesan chicken bites that I got from the meat dept at Publix. I'll have a veggie with it.

I bought some Boar's Head no salt added turkey breast for the girls when I went shopping on Saturday. I gave them some as a snack when I got home. They adore turkey. When I was making my lunch today Lilith stood on the kitchen table and yelled at me until she got some turkey. I created a monster. :lol: :angrycat:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Marie Callender chicken pot pie that my neighbor bought for me...FOUR of them. Got em on sale, and knows I love them. I have great neighbors!
I like their vegetarian verson of chicken pot pies. You do really have great neighbors.

All they had for me to eat on the menu tonight was the crackers, chips and a pickle. So I made some Mouning Star vegan chik'n nuggets in my room. Tomorrow they are having 3 vegetables and 2 of them are cooked with meat. They are doing that on purpose. They don't need to add meat to the vegetables when they are serving egg salad/ turkey sandwichs for the carnivores.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow they are having 3 vegetables and 2 of them are cooked with meat. They are doing that on purpose. They don't need to add meat to the vegetables
That waitress should take over the cooking, the one that was smart enough to get you the plain pasta? Honestly it's not that hard, I wish they would give it some effort. Hang in there! ❤

Tonight I will practice with one of those Knorr Rice Sides packets again. The directions are bogus, so I'm just gonna fiddle around with the stove and figure it out.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That waitress should take over the cooking, the one that was smart enough to get you the plain pasta? Honestly it's not that hard, I wish they would give it some effort. Hang in there! ❤

Tonight I will practice with one of those Knorr Rice Sides packets again. The directions are bogus, so I'm just gonna fiddle around with the stove and figure it out.
Thanks, Maggiedemi. Sorry, I just needed to vent. The kitchen is having problems getting people to stay. They only pay $9.25 an hour. They have a new cook. They have new owners and I hope they do a better job of running this place.

I used to have Knorr's quite often. I have some Uncle Ben's rice I got at Walmart. The only flavor I could find that I could eat is the Butter and Garlic. Thet are taking us to Target this morning. I can't wait to get some watermelon. We almost never get fresh fruit here.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi With those Knorr packets, after you’ve simmered for the time, have you tried turning the heat off and keeping the lid on the saucepan for about 5 minutes? Walk away, just walk away. Just let it set for about five minutes. Would that help?

Dear Richard has requested tuna and noodles for dinner tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.