What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick said to me, “Dear, you’re in charge of dinner. Call Texas Roadhouse and I will pick it up.” He didn’t feel like fast food.

I had a rare steak with baked potato. Rick had ribs, ‘shrooms, and chili. With a blooming onion to go with. And we have enough for tomorrow.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tortellini with cream sauce, a side salad and a roll.
Yum. Sounds like they are giving you better meals. 👍

A rather indifferent chili dog
Indifferent. Hee hee. Meaning not up to par, huh? :lol:

Last night I didn't have the pizza sub. I ended up having one of those Knorr Rice Sides packets. I messed it up, I don't think I had the heat high enough and it never thickened. Rice Sides are different than the Pasta Sides, they tell you to cover it and simmer.

Tonight will be that Tortelloni from Aldi. Boil it for 8 minutes on the stovetop. Then I will add my new Target garden veggie pasta sauce and probably some hot sauce. Not sure if it will need salt & pepper, but probably will.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The IGA again had chicken thighs when I was there this morning. So it will be chicken thighs again tonight, but I'm thinking of chicken cacciatore this time.

They also had a couple of nice bone in pork shoulders, so I bought one and will make pulled pork in the crock pot tomorrow. Also bought some ground beef and ground pork for spaghetti sauce, to be made this afternoon.

Easier to cook when the weather is not incandescently hot and humid, don't you think.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Still haven't made the Naan pizzas. Tonight, hopefully. Have to make them soon, or my mushrooms will be past their prime. Already had to freeze the naan bread, as they'd reached their best before date. Thankfully the cheese and pizza sauce won't go bad for a while.

Since I had bagged salad to use up, it was salad last night.

1623578781818.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You eat the same size portions as me. It's amazing how much I can fit on one salad plate.

The Tortelloni last night was really good. I did that thing that Lidia does on her cooking show, pour extra virgin olive oil on your finished meal. Yuck! Don't do that! Ewww! :lol:

Tonight I will have an Aldi cheese calzone again. Bake it in the toaster oven and heat up some pasta sauce on the side.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You eat the same size portions as me. It's amazing how much I can fit on one salad plate.
LOL. When the salad is "dinner" and not the 1st course, you have to eat a larger portion.

Forgot to mention in my earlier post, I also had a piece of banana loaf for dessert, last night.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still haven't made the Naan pizzas. Tonight, hopefully. Have to make them soon, or my mushrooms will be past their prime. Already had to freeze the naan bread, as they'd reached their best before date. Thankfully the cheese and pizza sauce won't go bad for a while.

View attachment 384255
That looks good for a bagged salad. I had a real pizza the other day. It was good but not all that better than the naan pizza.

I had Gardein chick'n strips last night. Yesterday I ate all of my meals in my room.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That looks good for a bagged salad.
The toppings I added myself, of course. But the bagged salad is pretty good, with mixed purple cabbage and grated carrot added in with the lettuce.

I had a real pizza the other day. It was good but not all that better than the naan pizza.

I had Gardein chick'n strips last night. Yesterday I ate all of my meals in my room.
Sounds like some pretty good meals for you. Wish you didn't have to eat in your room though. 🤗

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, last night I made this vegan sausage rice bowl. It was really good!
No pressure, Lari Lari , but you should post pics of your versions of the blog recipes, you know, just to see how they turn out when a regular person makes them, and not a blogger that's probably made it 10 times before getting it picture perfect.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pressure, Lari Lari , but you should post pics of your versions of the blog recipes, you know, just to see how they turn out when a regular person makes them, and not a blogger that's probably made it 10 times before getting it picture perfect.
Not near as nice, I assure you. Usually by the time I'm done cooking, I don't think to take a picture, but I can try to remember once in a while.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not near as nice, I assure you. Usually by the time I'm done cooking, I don't think to take a picture, but I can try to remember once in a while.
It's hard to take pics of meals we prepare ourselves, as a) by the time we're finishing cooking, we want to eat, and b) hot food cools down quickly when you're trying to pose it for pics. :lol:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight was the last of the Chinese food...one order fed me FOUR full meals! AND my first Instacart order came, so this next week will be lots of different Healthy Choice selections for dinner. Lord knows, there are enough of them for me not to get bored with the repetition!

Status
Not open for further replies.