What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yum! We don't ever have leftover calzones, we eat them right away! It would be fun to save half for the next day though. :yummy:

Breakfast: Finished the Udi's vanilla granola, 1/3 cup cow milk, half of the last Pinata apple diced, a handful of Dollar General dried tropical fruit.

Lunch: Snack plate!-- The other half of the last Pinata apple, Sunchips salsa chips, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, 1 slice diced Aldi mozzarella cheese, Aldi cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt, Dollar General dried tropical fruit, 1TB Jiff natural peanut butter, 1TB Aldi apricot preserves, 1TB Aldi pineapple salsa.

Dinner: Naked Rice Szechuan cup. Yummy & very spicy! This was supposed to be a full meal, but it only covered half my dinner plate, so I added 1 hard boiled egg, Sunchips salsa chips, 1TB Aldi pineapple salsa, 1Tsp habanero hot sauce. I should have added mixed veggies, but didn't think of it.
We've never had theirs before and this thing was huge!It was about a foot long and just stuffed with goodies and cheese.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, just some Primo pizza sauce and a little bit of mozzarella cheese.
I tried your pizza tonight. My brother brought me some naan bread and pizza sauce and I added some swiss cheese. I heated it up in the micowave and it was great. I used to use English muffins to make pizzas but I don't have a toaster here.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Braise of black lentils with sauteed diced onion, carrots, and celery prepared with chicken bouillon. Broiled tilapia fillet - squeeze lemon over fillet, broil, turn over. Sprinkle with Mrs Dash, cover with bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil. Finish broiling when fish is cooked through and crumbs are browned.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
?
Are you allowed to have one?
I'm trying cut back on the hot dogs. But it's a struggle!
I could probably get a toaster but I like the naan bread better than the English muffins pizzas. The micowave is easier for me to use because I can use it setting. down.

Have you seen the Raccoon Whisperer on Youtube? Every night he feeds up to 25 raccoons a bunch of hot dogs. They are so fat. It must cost him a fortune. He gets mobbed everytime he opens the door to his deck. One night when he was inside a young black bear came on the deck to get some hot dogs. He also feeds them grapes, cookies and dog food. He also has two cats but they stay inside.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tried your pizza tonight. My brother brought me some naan bread and pizza sauce and I added some swiss cheese. I heated it up in the micowave and it was great. I used to use English muffins to make pizzas but I don't have a toaster here.
Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Are you allowed to have one?
Wondering the same thing.

I could probably get a toaster but I like the naan bread better than the English muffins pizzas. The micowave is easier for me to use because I can use it setting. down.
A small toaster oven might work too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Here ye be:

Old Farmhouse Chutney
Makes 16 eight oz jars

2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2-1/2 lbs onions, cut into 1/4-inch dice (6 large white or 4 large yellow onions)
5-1/2 lbs Granny Smith apples (about 12 medium apples), peeled, cored and cut to 1/2-inch dice
1 lb cranberries
1/2 lbs dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch dice (one cup)
1/2 lbs golden raisins (2 cups)
1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp mustard seed
1 Tbsp red-pepper flakes, or to taste
1-1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup dark-brown sugar

Sterilize jars and set upside down to dry.

Heat oil over medium in a large pot. Sauté onions until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir in the apples, cranberries, apricots, raisins, vinegars, mustard seed, red-pepper flakes, celery seed, cinnamon, clove, curry powder, ginger, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until apples are tender. This may take 45 minutes to an hour. If apples begin to stick, up to 1 cup more water may be added.

Stir in the sugars and return to a boil. Cook over medium-high for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and pour chutney into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe rim of jar clean. Cap and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

Store unopened jars in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year and unsealed jars in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.

Dinner tonight will be a take-out order from Texas Roadhouse. Rick is going to pick it up in a few minutes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One night when he was inside a young black bear came on the deck to get some hot dogs.
Awww, I wish I could feed the wildlife without fearing for my life. So many beautiful animals that we can't even get near. 🐻

Breakfast: Only had 1 slice of Great Value multi grain bread left, so I had 1 slice of dad's homemade bread, both toasted, with 1TB butter and 1Tsp molasses sugar on each. Half of a diced cara cara orange. So sour, but tastes good with the sugar.

Lunch: Huge dinner plate salad- lettuce, onion, red bell pepper, Made Good berry granola bites, sundried tomatoes, the other half of that cara cara orange, 1 hard boiled egg, Dollar General tropical dried fruit, walnuts, flaxseed/chia seed mix, Salsa Sunchips, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, slice of Aldi mozzarella cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, 3TB Italian dressing.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad again- Lettuce, onion, red bell pepper, Made Good berry granola bites, Dollar General tropical dried fruit, walnuts, flaxseed/chia seed mix, 1 microwaved diced Aldi asian veggie burger, diced mild Irish cheese, tomato basil goat cheese crumbles, pickled jalapeno slices, Aldi cottage cheese, Aldi baked bbq chips. I put 3TB of the oil from the sundried tomatoes on it for a dressing. OMG, so good! I bet spicy chili oil would work great as a salad dressing.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I wish I could feed the wildlife without fearing for my life. So many beautiful animals that we can't even get near. 🐻
I would of loved to see a bear in my yard. I saw a fox on my deck once eating some cat food. The most raccoons I've ever seen on my deck was five. A mother and her four babies.

For dinner I had rice, potatoes and peas with onions. For desert there was some kind of blueberry crumb thing. It was really good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cooked a pot of small red South American beans. Will run them through a food mill to make refried beans - saute onion in olive oil (I know, should be lard or bacon drippings but not for Himself) and add mashed beans. I might have shredded cheese with mine, Himself can decide if he wants any or not. Pulled pork tacos. And when I pulled the pork (ha ha, aren't I the funny one) out of the freezer I also took the last container of salsa verde.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
made another variation of my Mushroom Rice. This time included egg and peas.
Oh good lord, that looks amazing. :yummy:

Breakfast: Honey Bunches of Oats honey roasted granola, 1 small snapdragon apple, 1/3 cup 2% cow milk. On the bag, it says these apples have a hint of vanilla. They do!

Lunch: Snack plate- Aldi BBQ baked chips, Aldi sour cream & cheddar baked chips, Aldi mild Irish cheese diced, half a packet Velveeta cheese sauce microwaved, 1 hard boiled egg, Dollar General dried tropical fruit medley, pickled jalapeno slices, walnuts. I love these baked chips!

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad- lettuce, onion, orange bell pepper, diced Aldi Asian veggie burger, diced Aldi mild Irish cheese, Aldi crumbled tomato basil goat cheese, pickled jalapeno slices, walnuts, flaxseed/chia mix, dried berry medley, Aldi cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt, Italian Dressing, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, and dried guava! The dried guava is interesting, not sure what I think of it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.