What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we had the quasi-cassoulet: base layer of cooked beans, chunks of cooked duck breast and slow simmered pork, a layer of cut carrot and onion with its jellied broth (what did I cook this with?) Fill in any gaps with more beans, then topped with fresh bread crumbs and a splash of oil. About an hour in the oven, nicely browned, bubbling hot.

I had cote du rhone, Himself had Martinelli sparkling cider.

Kitchen cleaned up, laundry will be run tomorrow, and I will rather soon head off to bed.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover for all. Kids got hungry early so they are having spam burgers with sides of baked ziti for oldest and cavetelli with herbs for youngest and corn. My husband and I will look in our freezer stash for ourselves.
I kinda feel like a bad mom but the kids are happily munching away.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
For mushrooms, I used shiitake, baby bella,and white button.
I love mushrooms especially since they're rich in fiber, protein and antioxidants. :thumbsup: How did the recipe turn out?

I had lentil vegetable soup with whole wheat crackers, baby carrots on the side and a honeycrisp apple for dessert.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie I've never made my own tortillas. It's not difficult, is it? I love refried beans, but never made them either.

Tonight's dinner will be a salad. First salad in a while. With chilled tuna on top.
I have had it up to "here" with cookies and pies and anything else that's made of sugar. Rick can finish it off. I am sick of it all.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The slow cooker recipe turned out well. It didn't look like the picture on the recipe web site though. Very brown and dull looking from the 5 spice powder and all the mushrooms and the oyster sauce and mirin.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had it up to "here" with cookies and pies and anything else that's made of sugar. Rick can finish it off. I am sick of it all.
Same here. I'm sick of dessert. I did love the fried bread dough though! I will definitely make that again.

Breakfast: Udi vanilla granola with half a diced Bartlett pear, 1/3 cup cow milk

Lunch: Snack plate!- The other half of that diced Bartlett pear, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, 1 diced slice of Aldi pepper jack cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, 1TB Aldi pineapple salsa, 1TB Jiff natural peanut butter, 1TB Aldi raspberry preserves.

Dinner: My famous huge dinner plate salad- lettuce, onion, orange bell pepper, cucumber, one hard boiled egg, walnuts, dried cranberries, diced crystalized ginger, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, shredded parmesan cheese, one diced slice of Aldi pepper jack cheese, Cabot Cottage Cheese, one diced microwaved Aldi vegan veggie burger, 3TB Wishbone Italian Dressing. This dressing was really yummy! Usually I don't like Italian.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I finished the last of my veggie chili leftovers since tomorrow I'll be getting Phase 2 of my dental implant and dinner won't be too exciting the next two weeks, e.g. pudding, applesauce, jello, broth, etc.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two remaining broiled chicken thighs, sauteed diced carrots and onion, sauteed whole mushrooms (3 each), reheated wild and white rice (originally cooked separately, I would never toss both in the same pot to cook together) and asparagus.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Do you eat jello?
Normally I do not eat jello but when I went through Phase 1 of the dental surgery I was so hungry and limited to what I could eat that I tried it again. I don't care for jello, not just because of the gelatin, but because it has no taste to me. I will probably substitute ice cream for it instead.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely Good Luck with the implant.. I had one completed a couple of years ago... I am so glad I did it.. It was worth the pain and expense.
I ate a lot of mashed potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, oatmeal, .... very soft foods.. Ice Cream and milk shakes sounds good...
I had a bone implant so, it was a longer process... and a couple of molars pulled, at the same time as the bone implant..

I am also sick of chocolate.. I mean it.. I have to get out of the habit of dessert. I need to get back to fruit and salads.

Today, I think I am going to have the supper I ordered yesterday: a b-b-q chicken leg (tiny) with sweet potato and acorn squash.. or I may end up with a sandwich.. I am really sick of sweetness.. The skin on the chicken, along with the sauce, will not be eaten. It is too sweet. Kind of tastes as if it contains honey, which I cannot have----it contains fructose.. I am fructose intolerant.

Need to get my but going... and back to a somewhat 'normal' routine..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Veggie chili (made with Gardein Veggie Round) and cornbread.
That looks so good! I might come visit after all. :thumbsup:

I'll be getting Phase 2 of my dental implant
Lucky! I wish I could afford implants, they are so beautiful.

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value Multi Grain bread toasted, 2TB butter, 1/2TB caramel sugar, half of a diced Cara Cara orange. Man these oranges taste like a grapefruit cross, they are so sour! They tasted delicious with the sugar on my toast though!

Lunch: The other half of that diced Cara Cara orange, Ritz toasted veggie crackers, Aldi flax chia tortilla chips, 1 slice diced pepper jack cheese, 1 hard boiled egg, 1TB Jiff natural peanut butter, 1TB Aldi blueberry preserves, 1TB Aldi pineapple salsa. The sour orange was really good paired with the blueberry preserves! Blueberry seems to be my favorite flavor of the 4 preserves we got.

Dinner: Huge dinner plate salad again- lettuce, onion, orange bell pepper, half an avocado, shredded parmesan cheese, 1 slice diced pepper jack cheese, crystallized ginger, dried cranberries, Aldi flax chia tortilla chips, sundried tomato in oil, walnuts, 1 diced up microwaved Aldi vegan veggie burger, Wishbone Italian dressing. For some reason this dressing didn't thrill me as much as it did last night. I miss my Thousand Islands!

Status
Not open for further replies.