What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I forgot to mention that Mac and cheese gave us both incredible heartburn last night. Rick had leftovers tonight and has heartburn again. I refused to eat it again and just made a toasted cheese sandwich. It’s in the garbage.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had tacos.

Wow, nobody ate dinner tonight?!

Lunch: Veggie Sammich
Dinner: Annie's Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Spirals with half a can of mixed veggies. It was terrible! Or else my mother cooked it wrong. Maybe I'll get another box and try cooking it myself. She tends to not follow the directions.
View attachment 406060
See, that looks good, so I'm sad it was terrible. Hopefully your mom just cooked it wrong.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight I'm finishing off the last of the dratted brisket, in sandwiches, BOTH lunch and dinner. I refuse to either throw good food away, OR keep it longer than tonight.

Excuse me for butting in but thanks for being so encouraging.
I don't consider it butting in at all, and you are so welcome!

Thanks for sharing your bad teeth stories everybody, it makes me feel less alone.
Oh, Honey-Sweetie, the bad teeth stories I could tell you! Mine were a wreck, and my orthodontist was carried out in a straightjacket (literally) the day after he took my braces off.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Honey-Sweetie, the bad teeth stories I could tell you! Mine were a wreck, and my orthodontist was carried out in a straightjacket (literally) the day after he took my braces off.
That reminds me of a neighbor we had when I was a kid. He would get drunk and beat up his wife. One day he hit her with a monkey wrench and the police took him away in a straight jacket. She was alright though.

Last night they gave me mac and cheese and spinach. I was glad to see the mac and cheese until I noticed the little pieces of bacon in it. The server said I could just pick out the bacon. I told her that vegetarians don't eat anything that was cooked with meat. For lunch today they are having Cheese Ravioli and Pasta Sauce. For sides they have noodles and green beans. I guarantee they will give me the noodles instead of the ravioli. When they have noodles it is always egg noodles which I won't eat. They only give me the sides.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Crav’n Brand pizza rolls. I used to love Totino’s but for a long time there has been something unappealing in their flavor. But I picked up this brand, I think at Hyvee and they were really good! Not the most nutritious dinner but hey, it’s New Years Eve.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually had a nice dinner. They gave me a big serving of stir fried carrots, creamy cucumber salad (which was really good) and sour cream potato salad. The potato salad had some eggs in it but I really wanted some so I scraped the eggs off and ate most of it.

I have a bag of cool ranch Doritos and some blue cheese to snack on while I try to stay up to midnight.

Last edited:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an assortment of cheeses and crackers,some salami,a few olives and called it dinner.I had a small glass of rose,strawberry and elderflower wine.I was intrigued when I saw it and it turned out to be pretty tasty.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished off the chicken cacciatore with freshly cooked penne. Finished off the wine too.

I had baked chocolate chip cookies this afternoon, asked Himself if he wanted a cookie (large, but not large enough to share) or fruitcake. I could tell he was on the verge of saying "Both!" So I quickly suggested he have the cookie with dinner and we could have fruitcake at midnight.

He upgraded that to suggest we have the fruitcake with Grand Marnier Cordon Jaune, the yellow ribbon, lemon version. Sounds good to me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crav’n Brand pizza rolls. I used to love Totino’s but for a long time there has been something unappealing in their flavor. But I picked up this brand, I think at Hyvee and they were really good! Not the most nutritious dinner but hey, it’s New Years Eve.
Yeah, I've noticed that Totino's pizza rolls don't taste right anymore too. I'll have to try Crav'n.

I had everything bagel bites from Aldi. They're pretty good. I overcooked them a little though. Air fryers take some getting used to.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That reminds me of a neighbor we had when I was a kid. He would get drunk and beat up his wife. One day he hit her with a monkey wrench and the police took him away in a straight jacket. She was alright though.

Last night they gave me mac and cheese and spinach. I was glad to see the mac and cheese until I noticed the little pieces of bacon in it. The server said I could just pick out the bacon. I told her that vegetarians don't eat anything that was cooked with meat. For lunch today they are having Cheese Ravioli and Pasta Sauce. For sides they have noodles and green beans. I guarantee they will give me the noodles instead of the ravioli. When they have noodles it is always egg noodles which I won't eat. They only give me the sides.
Pick the bacon out? SMH. I wish this surprised me but it doesn't. They know that at least one resident is vegetarian. Would it be that difficult to set aside some mac & cheese before adding the bacon?

Every now and then my job likes to order lunch in for everyone. We have been working from home for almost 2 years so it's been a while. The last time they did this, I happened to stop by the desk of the girl who was in charge of ordering the lunch and asked what we were having. She said that we were having subs. When they order subs they are from Publix (our local grocery store chain). They order party sized subs because there's too many people to order single sandwiches. She mentioned that the sandwiches they were ordering were Italian, roast beef, turkey and chicken. I asked her what they were ordering for vegetarians. She said that the turkey and chicken were ordered with them in mind. Hold on. WHAT?

I told her that chicken and turkey ARE meat and vegetarians don't eat any meat or food that meat has touched. She was shocked. She thought that vegetarians only avoided RED meat. She ended up calling the store and ordering another large sub with no meat. Just the bread, cheese, veggies and condiments. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.