What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this pot roast and veggies in the slow cooker because my husband thinks we should use it more often. Hopefully it'll turn out good!
OMG... that sounds so good!!
I need to keep that recipe!!! Just what I feel as if I need to eat!! I am going to bookmark this!!!

I have an awesome Pot Roast Recipe from the Pioneer Woman. It is done on stovetop: browning chuck, browning veggies, and adding tomato paste, also a bay leaf, and stock.. The rest is cooked in an oven for a couple hours... Delish..

This reminds me of that recipe!

I will have to try it out... The weather is going to be in the low 6o's this week.. Autumn Weather---roasts, soups, stews......

Enjoy!!!!!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On their menu tonight they have Lima Bean Soup with chicken broth, Chicken Caesar Salad or Beef with Biscuit, Grapes, Pickle Spear and Jello. Since all I can eat are the grapes and pickle spear I decided to stay in my room and have a swiss cheese and plant based turkey deli slices, vegan mayo on DKB. Also some Amy's Lentil soup. That is a lot of protein.

I've notice they are now serving smaller portions. For lunch they had Breadcrumb Tilapia or Baked Ham with mustard sauce. I had the choice of Aloha Sweet Potatoes and Sauteed Carrots. They gave me a tiny portion of the sweet potatoes (about 2 spoon fulls) and 7 slices of carrots. I ordered a side salad and all I got was some iceberg lettuce and a few tiny pieces of tomatoes. That's ok because I am suppose to eat small portions anyway. They had Pina Colada Cream Pie but it had egg whites on it so I gave it to my buddy Diane. She also got small portions of the sweet potatoes, carrots and the noodles with chicken. They used to give bread with every meal but now they rarely do. The residents like having bread with their meals.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The crockpot meal turned out pretty good, but I think I would up the herbs and salt next time (I used unsalted beef stock since J can't have too much salt). I don't understand why recipe websites feel the need to write a 10,000 word life story before getting to the recipe, though. Makes me appreciate mealime all the more!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't understand why recipe websites feel the need to write a 10,000 word life story before getting to the recipe, though.
I know !!!! Some have a link to "jump to recipe", but most you have to scroll and scroll and scroll, just to find the list of ingredients. Definitely annoying.

No idea what I'm having tonight, however, the French Toast mentioned upthread sounds yummy.

Though I may make some slow cooker soup, as the temps are getting cooler now, so soup season is back.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to have leftover pot roast, but then I saw we had older leftover tavo meat and beans, so I heated them up with tortilla chips and fake cheese and tried to make nachos.

Meh, we should have had the pot roast.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Lunch was that Santa Fe black beans and rice thing I like so much. Dinner will be...um. I think it will be a Stouffers "Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake," which is quite yummy. Unless something else grabs my attention. That could happen.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tuscan Chicken from the subscription. It's ok but for some reason doesn't agree with my stomach :oops: Not sure if it's from the onions or the tough kale or something else. I still have two more of these meals in the freezer. Probably will end up tossing them unless my friend and her BF want to try them. Definitely will not order this again. I'm hoping next week's Mojo Chicken is better.

Tomorrow... not sure. I'm thinking easy baked pasta of some sort, a big batch that I can have for a few lunches as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.