What's For Dinner? - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thinking Korean beef tonight. Then, in the early morning hours, I'll jump on Instacart and put in my weekly order, heavy on the Smart Ones dinners. I've had two of them now, and they seem to have more flavor than the Healthy Choice meals do. Although the Healthy Choice Bowls are quite good. I had a Buddha Bowl last night that was QUITE good. I may try more of those, as well. Can't eat the vegan ones every night, but 2-3 nights a week is fine.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I really need to get back into cooking again, and get away from easy, snack-like meals. Last night was a weird combo that included cheese and Triscuits, raisins and peanuts, some garden fresh baby tomatoes, and an apple for dessert. Tonight as usual is an empty slate. Maybe something with rice.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to get back into cooking again, and get away from easy, snack-like meals. Last night was a weird combo that included cheese and Triscuits, raisins and peanuts, some garden fresh baby tomatoes, and an apple for dessert. Tonight as usual is an empty slate. Maybe something with rice.
Everything about that meal aside from the tomatoes sounds delicious to me.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After our long day on the road home, I made myself and J an O Organics brand vegan mac and cheese (which was better than any of my homemde attempts, so a decent buy. I also got a daiya shells and four fake cheese flavored). I stirred in some baby spinach to make it healthier and we had cherries on the side.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everything about that meal aside from the tomatoes sounds delicious to me.
The tomatoes were really good, even a bit sweet tasting. But that probably wouldn't make a difference, if you don't like tomatoes. :lol:

Last night was another pathetic meal - 2 slices oatmeal brown bread, some cheese, and an apple. Gonna do better tonight. Hopefully. :ohwell:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, tonight (MY tonight...early this morning) I had Healthy Choice Chicken Fried Rice. It's...ok. I mean, it tastes fine, but it is NOT what I call "chicken fried rice" at all. I have to make an appointment with my audiologist this morning, hence being here during "normal" hours...I'll be a drooling idiot tonight. I'll eat whatever is handy. However, my Instacart order is ready, so I'll alert Spawn 1 to set up delivery for after 6 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.