What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I had a few french fries, celery and carrot sticks and a little pile of lettuce with a cup of ranch dressing and lime Jello for dessert. They really go way out of their way for the lone vegetarian!

I just got hungry so I opened a can of Amy"s Chunky Vegetable Soup and ate it with the rest of my Wheat Thins. I love salt and add a layer of it to every thing I eat. But the soup was so salty I did not have to add any. Now I know what they mean when people say that canned soup is too salty.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to even think of how many calories I just ate.
It can't be any worse than my dessert week!

wheat kaiser roll
Yum! I'll have to try rolls next. Dad & I get on these kicks where we'll try every dessert, every mayo, every bread, every hot sauce. It's really fun.

They really go way out of their way for the lone vegetarian!
Did I sense some sarcasm? They could at least use some beans or meat substitutes. Glad you have some of your own stuff to add to your meal though. I do that with my mom's crappy meals, I have a stash of crackers and chips to add so they are more satisfying.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did I sense some sarcasm? They could at least use some beans or meat substitutes. Glad you have some of your own stuff to add to your meal though. I do that with my mom's crappy meals, I have a stash of crackers and chips to add so they are more satisfying.
Yes to the sarcasm. Sometimes they will add a tiny bit of black beans to my salad. Sometimes I will get cańned baked or refried beans. But they are not vegetarian. Meat substitutes are not in their budget. I also keep crackers and chips on hand. My brother is suppose to bring me some Tostitos. I can't wait. I have been craving them for so long.

Last edited by a moderator:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: Finished up that weird kale granola, cow milk, half a red delicious apple.

Lunch: Snack plate- the other half of that red delicious apple, Aldi raisin rosemary pumpkin crisps, 2TB cream cheese, 1TB Maranatha dark roasted almond butter, Aldi nut mix with walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, 3 slices of cheese- pepper jack, swiss, provolone. 3 slices was too much, next time I will only use 2.

Dinner: 3 slices French Toast made from my Aldi apple strudel breakfast bread. Just toasted it and put butter and maple syrup on it. It already tastes like French toast, I didn't have to add egg.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a container with a piece of barbecued pork loin and its sauce out of freezer. Thawed. Shredded meat. Heated up and served as open face sandwiches on toasted buns. Accompanied by corn and black beans (canned, combined) with Goya Sazon to make it more interesting. Nice, easy meal.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Moonlight cake? I've never heard of it. I tried to google, but just got a bakery in Texas with the name. Please explain what a moonlight cake is?

I took shrimp out of the freezer for tonight. I'll do them in the FG and plop them in a bed of brown rice pilaf (my version of pilaf anyway). Not sure of sides yet, but there will be no stuffing, no baked corn, and no mashed potatoes. Enough is enough! Desserts are gone; Rick finished off both the squash pie and the apple pie last night.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up some Italian Wedding soup and an Italian Rice ball, stuffed with spinach, with some sauce on the side..

I will have either tonight and the other one tomorrow. This afternoon is going to be very warm and stormy--- high winds... and heavy rain, temps in 60's....

Have had a nagging headache since yesterday afternoon..
Just took some tylenol for it... with my morning oatmeal.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have no clue. None. It's the middle of my "night," and my sinuses won't let me lie down or lean back in my chair. I do have plenty of left overs though, so probably that. Maybe just dressing and cranberry sauce. Simple. Tasty. Nothing but the plate and fork to wash...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast: 2 slices Aldi apple strudel breakfast bread toasted with 1 TB Butter, half a diced honey crisp apple. Sliced up the toast in squares so I could spear an apple dice with each forkful. Yum!

Lunch: Snack plate! The other half of that honey crisp apple, Aldi raisin pumpkin crisps, 1 slice swiss cheese, 1 slice provolone cheese cut up in little squares, 1TB cream cheese mixed with 1TB mayo, 1TB Maranatha dark roasted almond butter, green olives, sun-dried tomatoes in oil, macadamia/walnut/cashew mix.

Dinner: I don't know what the heck this concoction is that I made, but it was fab! On stovetop- 1TB olive oil, 1 crumbled veggie burger, 2 slices diced up french toast, 1TB butter. It looked like stuffing! I put maple syrup on one half the plate and left the other half savory. Yum!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lizzie lizzie Moonlight cake? I've never heard of it. I tried to google, but just got a bakery in Texas with the name. Please explain what a moonlight cake is?

I took shrimp out of the freezer for tonight. I'll do them in the FG and plop them in a bed of brown rice pilaf (my version of pilaf anyway). Not sure of sides yet, but there will be no stuffing, no baked corn, and no mashed potatoes. Enough is enough! Desserts are gone; Rick finished off both the squash pie and the apple pie last night.
Moonlight cake comes from the depression era...waste not want not,and all that.Basically it's an angel food cake but you also use most of the yolks.I never have cake flour so I use 3/4 c flour and 1/4 c corn starch,and this time I made it with only 2/3 c sugar.It turned out beautifully,was plenty sweet enough.The secret is the cream of tarter,which stabilizes the whites.Would you like the recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.