What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I had my early Thanksgiving Day dinner, Skillet Chicken with Cranberries. It was easy to make and really good. The only change I would make next time is to double the cranberry sauce part. There was hardly enough for 4 pieces of chicken thighs. Or maybe I just like extra sauce to go with meat :crazy: I made some boxed stuffing mix to go with it.

View attachment 359641T
Thanks for the comments.
I am definitely making it on T day. I will be copying you!
I plan on rice pilaf and green beans to go with it.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't like it either. DD loves it. I like real cheese. It's not the worst though. That would be Velveeta which is an abomination.
I haven't had, or even thought of, Velveeta in forever. And yeah, Cheez Whiz is definitely the better of the 2, but of course, real cheese is the best.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or hummus.
Yeah, maybe Triscuits are like Tofu, they absorb the taste of whatever you embalm them in. :lol:

WM has the Great Value version Of Cheez Whiz
I just saw the Great Value knockoff! I put it in my cart. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I think I will try a cheese ball.
What is a cheese ball? Do you melt it or just dunk the cracker into it? :think:

Breakfast: Dad got the sugar & salt bowls mixed up, so his bread dough wouldn't rise. So he made fried bread dough instead. It was salty, but so good & savory. I like this better with salt than the kind at the fair with powdered sugar.

Lunch: Friendly's pumpkin pie ice cream, spoonful of Target vanilla almond butter, finished up the Drake's coffee cakes. That's it for the desserts until I get more. :lol:

Dinner: I took the leftover veggie/bean/cream of mushroom/alfredo pasta casserole that mom made, put a slice of swiss cheese on top, and 10 crushed saltine crackers mixed with 1TB melted butter. I cooked it for 45 minutes in toaster oven at 350. That really improved it and took away the salty taste! It was a little overcooked and dry, so I will decrease it to 30-40 minutes next time. I added a pinch of spicy fire salt, since I cooked out all the salty flavor. My cooking is definitely improving!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently other people lack a fondness for Triscuits. I still like them though. :)
I have to admit I haven't had Triscuits in a long time but not because I don't like them. I like their Roasted Red Pepper cracker. I really like Back-to-Nature crackers, especially their Multigrain Flax Seeded Flatbread.

I picked up a Tofu Bowl from a new restaurant for dinner tonight. And treated myself to a chocolate chip pumpkin cookie for dessert.

MiloTheBlackCat

Mama of Milo and Breeze
Adult Cat
Purraise
That settles it. I'm gonna have to get some Cheez Whiz. I haven't had it in like 30 years! I asked Dad if he wanted to try some, but he said it's more expensive than other cheese sauces. I'll go check the price at Walmart, it can't be that expensive!
My mum bought a pack of Saltines yesterday, right? I got mad that she DIDNT get Cheez Whiz. I really wanted to make smiley faces and cats from the cheese xD

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is a cheese ball? Do you melt it or just dunk the cracker into it?
A cheese ball is a ball of usually cheddar cheese rolled in pieces of walnuts. It is popular this time of year because people used them to entertain for the holidays. You use a knife to cut out a piece of cheese and spread it on a cracker.

I sure miss having tofu. I love it so much and it is so full of protein.

su!a

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mum bought a pack of Saltines yesterday, right? I got mad that she DIDNT get Cheez Whiz. I really wanted to make smiley faces and cats from the cheese xD
Wouldn't that be Easy Cheese? Definitely better than Cheez Whiz. Although I haven't had Cheez Whiz in years, maybe I should give it another chance. . .but really, Easy Cheese is the best.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
While I'm not a big Cheez Whiz fan, I can eat Velveeta, but only when I'm making that cheap con queso dip with Velveeta and the Ro-tel tomatoes. It's quick and it's easy and Rick loves the stuff.

FWIW, I really like Ken's Country French salad dressing. I will use it as a dip sometimes, with baby carrots and celery sticks, usually when Rick was in Portland and I was alone for Friday night supper. I also like to put it on my salad and the mop up any leftover dressing in my bowl with a yeast roll.

Tonight's dinner will be a container of crock pot beans from the freezer, along with the few wings that are leftover from Saturday night. Rick want those crescent hot dogs. You know, you wrap a crescent roll around a hot dog and bake them. I don't like the crescent rolls; I think all of those Pillsbury roll thingies have a bit of a chemical smell/taste to them and not fond of them at all. Does anybody else like/hate Pillsbury roll thingies? Any of them? I do use their pie crusts because.....life is way too short to deal with pie crust. But that's the only thing I use.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I agree about the chemical, 'off' taste of the Pillsbury canned rolls. Thinking it is the preservative.

Yes, I am doing my won thing for T-day. I have found that for one person, having all the fixings is really too much. I am not afraid to try something different.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I'm not a big Cheez Whiz fan, I can eat Velveeta, but only when I'm making that cheap con queso dip with Velveeta and the Ro-tel tomatoes. It's quick and it's easy and Rick loves the stuff.

FWIW, I really like Ken's Country French salad dressing. I will use it as a dip sometimes, with baby carrots and celery sticks, usually when Rick was in Portland and I was alone for Friday night supper. I also like to put it on my salad and the mop up any leftover dressing in my bowl with a yeast roll.

Tonight's dinner will be a container of crock pot beans from the freezer, along with the few wings that are leftover from Saturday night. Rick want those crescent hot dogs. You know, you wrap a crescent roll around a hot dog and bake them. I don't like the crescent rolls; I think all of those Pillsbury roll thingies have a bit of a chemical smell/taste to them and not fond of them at all. Does anybody else like/hate Pillsbury roll thingies? Any of them? I do use their pie crusts because.....life is way too short to deal with pie crust. But that's the only thing I use.
I agree about the Pillsbury stuff. They never lose the flavor of the can IMO. I also use the pie crusts though. There is no can involved so that might be it.

I think I'll defrost a couple of chicken thighs to roast for tonight. The cats and I will share them. I'll have a veggie with it.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cheez Whiz comes in a jar:

Easy Cheese comes in a can:

The Pillsbury crescent rolls do have a sort of chemical butter taste to them :think: I haven't had one in years. I've never noticed a similar chemical taste with the cinnamon rolls.

I had leftovers for dinner tonight.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No dinner tonight.We had a massive shopping trip today after I went for my b-12 shot,so we had a late lunch.We both had a mug of hot chocolate around 7 and all's good.Bought my first 25lb bag of flour today.It's in the freezer for the night and will go into lock n lock containers tomorrow.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back-to-Nature crackers, especially their Multigrain Flax Seeded Flatbread.
I am amazed at how many different crackers there are! I hope I live long enough to try them all.

I don't like the crescent rolls; I think all of those Pillsbury roll thingies have a bit of a chemical smell/taste to them and not fond of them at all.
I haven't tried them, but I signed up for Pillsbury recipes and they always look so delicious! That's sad that they have a chemical taste.

Breakfast: A weird pineapple kale granola that I hated, with 2% cow milk, finished up the Aldi freeze dried fruit medley, I don't really like them, tastes like airy fruit puffs.

Lunch: Instant mashed potato cup with butter. OMG, so good. Whipped clouds of perfection. Wish I could make potatoes that taste like this. Also had some Paqui Ghost Pepper chips with Target habanero salsa. So hot that smoke came out my ears. Loved it.

Dinner: Roasted potato, onion, garlic, carrots, olive oil mix, with ketchup. Tofu cooked up on stovetop in Dinosaur BBQ sauce. Aldi roasted red pepper gluten free crackers with Base Culture Gingerbread raw almond butter. Everything yummy!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Tuna loaf is on the menu tonight. It's actually pretty good. And since I have 30 cans of tuna in the basement pantry, I could probably spare two of them. (I buy a 4-pack of tuna in water every time I go to the grocery store. You never know, it may come in handy.) And I actually like tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.