What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who are you? And what did you do with maggiedemi
I still don't seem to like cake though, too sweet. I loved that caramel apple with the streusel crumbles on it!

Breakfast: Aldi Cinnamon Raisin Granola, Aldi vanilla almond milk, Silk dark chocolate almond milk, half a Gala apple.

Lunch: Huge Dinner plate salad with all the fixins. Trying to finish up this yucky vinaigrette dressing. Blech.

Dinner: OMG, I made the best stir fry- olive oil, celery salt, jalapeno pepper powder, Korean Chili Flakes, cilantro, baby tomatoes, orange bell pepper, diced tofu, soy sauce, italian dressing, habanero sauce, stevia, almond flour. Mixed that in with boxed Mac & Cheese. It was amazing! Finally! :cheerleader:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I still don't seem to like cake though, too sweet. I loved that caramel apple with the streusel crumbles on it!
Some desserts will be more appealing than others. I think everything with apple is good though.

Have you ever baked muffins? Store bought ones are going to sweeter than homemade ones. Well depending on the recipe, of course.;)

Not sure what I'm having tonight. Maybe something with the last of my broccoli, that is if it still looks good. 🥦

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Ceasar Salad Pizza. Where I live there are a few places that make this pizza. It has no tomato sauce and a little bit of cheese on the bottom with breaded chicken slices, lettuce and Ceasar salad dressing. The pizzeria I use to go to, even put these tasty croutons on it. It is the perfect solution for the chronically indicive who are not sure if they want a salad or pizza. Now you can have both. 😉 Yum!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever baked muffins?
Ha! I've never baked anything! Except for casseroles. No desserts cause I never really ate dessert the last 25 years.

Breakfast: Thomas whole wheat english muffin toasted with Target vanilla almond butter, and 1/4 cup freeze dried fruit, which was weird, it's like a puffed snack, but fruit.

Lunch: Veggie Stir Fry Sammich on Thomas whole wheat english muffin toasted with swiss cheese.

Dinner: Same as lunch, but put the stir fry on 15 Aldi roasted red pepper rice crackers. These crackers are so yummy! I can't believe these gluten free crackers are better than Walmart Great Value store brand crackers. Those were so yucky!
Here's the yummy Aldi crackers:
1604190811100.png

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used up my broccoli, and made the quick pasta, broccoli and sauce recipe. Made enough for 2 servings, so will either have the leftovers for lunch or dinner tonight.

Ha! I've never baked anything! Except for casseroles. No desserts cause I never really ate dessert the last 25 years.
Maybe you should give it a try. :)
17 Easy Muffin Recipes To Bake This Weekend

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ceasar Salad Pizza. Where I live there are a few places that make this pizza. It has no tomato sauce and a little bit of cheese on the bottom with breaded chicken slices, lettuce and Ceasar salad dressing. The pizzeria I use to go to, even put these tasty croutons on it. It is the perfect solution for the chronically indicive who are not sure if they want a salad or pizza. Now you can have both. 😉 Yum!
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose You know, I've made hoagie pizzas (no sauce, just shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chopped ham and seasonings. I've never made a Caesar salad pizza....and I think I must try it. I dearly love a good Caesar salad. But without the breaded chicken; I'd just do regular chicken or perhaps no chicken. Thanks for the idea!

Remember I said I had a small dough ball in the fridge? It got used last night and it was really good. I was scrounging in the fridge, found a wee bit of shredded mozz and the last of the turkey pepperoni. Rolled the dough out, spread it with softened butter, sprinkled a little garlic powder, some basil and oregano, then scatted the mozz. On top of that, I threw on the pepperoni slices. Rolled it all up, sealed it very well, let it rise for about 45 minutes or so, then baked for about 30 minutes. Let it cool for the cheese to set a bit, then sliced. It was a very small loaf (it was a very small dough ball) and it was perfect to go with our beef stew. Pepperoni bread. And life was good.

Tonight's menu will be pork chops in the FG with (I'm thinking) something with sweet potatoes. I'm going to make a simple vanilla pudding for a bit of dessert. (Last time I was going to make vanilla pudding, it turned into baked custard. Rick was on cloud 9 with baked custard.)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We decided to treat ourselves and pick up Chipotle last night - we each had a different type of burrito bowl. DH had chicken and I had veggie. The employee making our bowls was very generous so we were stuffed to the gills. Leftover M&M's from trick-or-treat candy for dessert.

No idea what's on the menu for dinner tonight so guess I'll just wing it. :dunno:

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenallhellbreakslose Whenallhellbreakslose You know, I've made hoagie pizzas (no sauce, just shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, chopped ham and seasonings. I've never made a Caesar salad pizza....and I think I must try it. I dearly love a good Caesar salad. But without the breaded chicken; I'd just do regular chicken or perhaps no chicken. Thanks for the idea!

Remember I said I had a small dough ball in the fridge? It got used last night and it was really good. I was scrounging in the fridge, found a wee bit of shredded mozz and the last of the turkey pepperoni. Rolled the dough out, spread it with softened butter, sprinkled a little garlic powder, some basil and oregano, then scatted the mozz. On top of that, I threw on the pepperoni slices. Rolled it all up, sealed it very well, let it rise for about 45 minutes or so, then baked for about 30 minutes. Let it cool for the cheese to set a bit, then sliced. It was a very small loaf (it was a very small dough ball) and it was perfect to go with our beef stew. Pepperoni bread. And life was good.

Tonight's menu will be pork chops in the FG with (I'm thinking) something with sweet potatoes. I'm going to make a simple vanilla pudding for a bit of dessert. (Last time I was going to make vanilla pudding, it turned into baked custard. Rick was on cloud 9 with baked custard.)
Yes, give it a try. It taste very good. I was skeptically when I first tried it, but it won me over instantly.

That Pepperoni bread you made sounds delish and what you are eating tonight sounds good as well. I am a "spice is the variety of life" kind of person. So, I am always thinking of fusion meals. Lately, i was thinking of my love of Thai food and I was thinking is if I could make a Thai pizza what would it taste like? I just looked it up and what you know, there is such a thing as Thai pizza. The thing is I don't think I would like anything with peanut favoring on my pizza, so I will probably go with Chicken Panyang curry instead. That's my favorite.

Keep inventing new things. It keeps everything interesting. Thanks for sharing.🙂

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to semi-cook!! I opened up a jar of TJ Organic Marinara Sauce. I added a couple of sliced Italian sausages, 1/2 chicken breast with bone on--skin removed. Cooked that for 1.5 hours, stove top. I had added some water in the beginning, but tipped the cover, cooking it on a simmer, so that it could concentrate, and cook down. I like thick sauce.

Soooo Good!!
I have some broccoli which I will microwave, and add to the sauce.

Have to decide if I want to have pasta or rice with it.. need a starch...

I am disappointed that my Parmesan Cheese went bad--moldy... but the sauce is so flavorful, that I will not miss it.

I snacking on on it, all afternoon. Yum... Have not had pasta for a very long time..
This is semi-healthy with the broccoli .. and chicken..

This will last me for a few meals.. Good, because the menu stinks this week. I am not getting anything off of it this week. So I am cooking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.