What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess some people don't think about egg in noodles as a problem :dunno: The assisted facility must have a nutritionist or someone on staff to ensure the meals are properly balanced for the residents and their specific needs. Is there anyone you can talk to about the meals? Maybe the kitchen manager? What do diabetic residents eat? Or those who have Celiac disease? The assisted facility has to prepare proper meals for people with those and other other health needs as well.

View attachment 355464
Not all noodles have egg in them. They had pasta listed on the menu but I received egg noodles. I talked to the kitchen manager and the manger of the assisted living twice. The kitchen manager kind of acted like I was being ridiculous. Some people just don't get it. I don't know what the other special needs residents get. I am the only vegetarian here. I was the only vegetarian in the 3 hospitals and rehab place I was in. The first time I was in rehab there was a vegan there. They did not have a problem feeding him, I was the one getting the chicken, fish, ham, bacon, milk and eggs. They did get me some Morning Star products but they cooked them on the grill next to the meat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I need to find the phone number for Pizza Hut.
If you will PM me with your location, I'll FIND phone numbers for you. Any that might have vegetarian selections!

It was really good! Not sure if I got the spices exactly right, but I love creating.
If it was really good, you got the spices just right.

SO...tonight (last night to you guys), I had a roast beef sandwich with horseradish sauce and cheddar cheese. Monday night...dunno yet. I shall, as always, follow my bliss. But I think that Sunday I'll bake a pork chops, make mashed potatoes, and do fried okra in the air fryer!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
They did get me some Morning Star products but they cooked them on the grill next to the meat.
Unfortunately that's a common problem and one of my pet peeves too but they just don't get it. For that reason if I'm at a restaurant I don't even bother ordering anything that would be made on a grill. A few places I have been to said they would cook the meal in a separate pan so perhaps that could work for you. But they would have to put a little extra effort into doing that and I'm not sure if they would go the extra mile.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately that's a common problem and one of my pet peeves too but they just don't get it. For that reason if I'm at a restaurant I don't even bother ordering anything that would be made on a grill. A few places I have been to said they would cook the meal in a separate pan so perhaps that could work for you. But they would have to put a little extra effort into doing that and I'm not sure if they would go the extra mile.
Or they would tell you they cooked it separately, when they really didn't.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Need to scrounge around and see what I can find.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you will PM me with your location, I'll FIND phone numbers for you. Any that might have vegetarian selections!
I don't know. how to PM anybody and I don't know how get any I might have. I am in Federicksburg, VA. There is a vegetarian place here but I don't know the name of it and I don't know if they deliver. I need to get a credit to use here. My family has my other two cards. Thanks for your help.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the Morning Star stuff can be cooked in a microwave. I see that KFC has a plant base fried chicken but it is cooked in the same oil that the real chicken is cooked in.
I don't know why they bother. Real vegetarians or vegans will not eat them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know. how to PM anybody and I don't know how get any I might have. I am in Federicksburg, VA. There is a vegetarian place here but I don't know the name of it and I don't know if they deliver. I need to get a credit to use here. My family has my other two cards. Thanks for your help.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 can send you a PM. Just look for the little envelope icon at the top right corner of the TCS page once the message has been sent. If you need help on sending a PM ask on the Site Help forum here on TCS.

Pizza Hut lists this location in your area that does deliveries: Pizza Hut 5305 Jefferson Davis Hwy.: Carryout, Delivery, Pizza & Wings in Fredericksburg, VA

5305 Jefferson Davis Hwy.
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
(540) 898-8888
Delivery Hours 11AM to 10 PM

The baked pasta came out pretty good :yummy: The cheese was gooey but also a bit rubbery. I used low fat shredded cheese instead of the whole milk cheese the recipe calls for :oops: I just grabbed whatever was on sale. Any tips for limiting the splatter that occurs when you slowly pour a can of crushed tomato into a hot skillet that contains drippings?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
muffy muffy , ask your sister if she could get some gift cards for you to use at any of your favorite vegetarian restaurants. I think that all you do then is call and give them a code or number from your gift card when you place your order, but I'm not sure.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3: I see the envelope icon for the messages. It is taking me a while to get used to using this IPad. I see I do@ have some messages.

Thanks for the Pizza Hut website here in Fredericksburg. My mouth is watering.

WINCHESTER: Thanks for the idea of using gift cards. My brother can get me some from some restaurants here in Fredericksburg. If this virus ever goes away my Assisted Living will start taking residents to different restaurants and also shopping. I hope they take us to Wegmans. I have not been to a grocery store since January. That is rough for a food hoarder.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Remove the pan from the burner and let it cool just a wee bit. Pour your tomatoes...slowly...and carefully stir as you pour. Then put your pan back on the burner and finish. Should work for BBQ sauce, too.

Spaghetti tonight. A bit of coleslaw. Garlic-parm rolls. And the last of the sweet potato pie.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simmered the leftover chops from last night in some chicken stock with some onion and made some gravy,sauteed some green beans in a bit of bacon fat, a pinch of brown sugar,onion and poultry seasoning (our grandson calls these Mimi's beans....his favorite) and heated up the leftover mashed potatoes and we had a wonderful dinner.Delish!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how get any I might have. I am in Federicksburg, VA. There is a vegetarian place here but I don't know the name of it and I don't know if they deliver.
Yep...to get them, use the little envelope there. when you want to send one, there are two ways to do it. EITHER click on the person's name under their picture, then click on "Start Conversation" in the little box that pops up, OR, click on the envelope, and a box will pop up with "Start Conversation" at the very bottom.

As for Fredericksburg, I did a quick search and found this: Best 30 Vegetarian Restaurants in Fredericksburg, VA with Reviews - YP.com

Could you call your family who has your cards and ask them to place orders for you? Or they could get you gift cards for at least SOME of the places. What I do NOT know is if any of them deliver...but some do catering, and they may. BEST OF LUCK!

Tonight, I'm not sure. I feel a bit sour creamish, so taquitos are a distinct possibility!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep...to get them, use the little envelope there. when you want to send one, there are two ways to do it. EITHER click on the person's name under their picture, then click on "Start Conversation" in the little box that pops up, OR, click on the envelope, and a box will pop up with "Start Conversation" at the very bottom.

As for Fredericksburg, I did a quick search and found this: Best 30 Vegetarian Restaurants in Fredericksburg, VA with Reviews - YP.com

Could you call your family who has your cards and ask them to place orders for you? Or they could get you gift cards for at least SOME of the places. What I do NOT know is if any of them deliver...but some do catering, and they may. BEST OF LUCK!

Tonight, I'm not sure. I feel a bit sour creamish, so taquitos are a distinct possibility!
Thanks for the information. I have been to Sammy T's several times with my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.