What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
King crab legs :yummy: 🤤 I haven't had those in years and only at a restaurant. They're so expensive to buy from the supermarket or fish market. Are you just plain steaming them and serving with butter?

I have a rostiserrie chicken leg quarter in the fridge for dinner. I'll make rice or something to go with it.
They are delicious, eh! I got about 10 legs.

I am going to season them and smoke them. I’ll baste them in butter as they cook.
They’ll be served with garlic butter.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken quarters, marinated in apple cider, and then done in the Foodi Grill. Baked potatoes (or Hasselbacks), also in the FG with the chicken. A simple chopped salad. With sweet potato pie for dessert. Never had sweet potato pie....hope it's good!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do anything for a slice of pizza right now.

I swear this is the last time I will complain about the food I get at assisted living. Last night for dinner I received mashed potatoes, spinach and brussel sprouts. That was fine as I like all three vegetables. But the brussel sprouts had some kind of clear sauce on them and it was very sweet. After eating a few I found pieces of bacon in them. For lunch today they gave me egg noodles, zucchini, wild rice and a piece of cake with marshmello icing.

I don't expect them to know about yogurt, jello, marshmello and oj not being vegetarian but bacon? I told them several times I don't like eggs but they keep giving me egg noodles.

I need to find the phone number for Pizza Hut.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Breakfast for Dinner tonight - scrambled egg, hash browns and toast. Plus an apple for dessert.

I swear this is the last time I will complain about the food I get at assisted living.
If it helps you to vent here, go for it. Your fellow vegetarians here at TCS, plus I know other members as well, all feel for you and the terrible food choices they are making for you. 🤗

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Breakfast for Dinner tonight - scrambled egg, hash browns and toast. Plus an apple for dessert.

If it helps you to vent here, go for it. Your fellow vegetarians here at TCS, plus I know other members as well, all feel for you and the terrible food choices they are making for you. 🤗
Thanks. I'm not even going to say what they gave me tonight for dinner that I did not eat. Instead I opened a can of Amy's Lentil Organic Soup my sister brought from my house. It was so good. I ate it right out of the can.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I told them several times I don't like eggs but they keep giving me egg noodles.

I guess some people don't think about egg in noodles as a problem :dunno: The assisted facility must have a nutritionist or someone on staff to ensure the meals are properly balanced for the residents and their specific needs. Is there anyone you can talk to about the meals? Maybe the kitchen manager? What do diabetic residents eat? Or those who have Celiac disease? The assisted facility has to prepare proper meals for people with those and other other health needs as well.

I had chicken paella tonight. I skipped the subscription delivery this week so I'll have to make a big batch of something tomorrow to have for dinner all week. Dessert was a slice of mocha cake from the chocolate cafe. Is mocha made from or with coffee? The cake had a very strong coffee taste which I didn't particularly care for. I really wanted a chocolate chip cookie but they've been out of stock for awhile now :disappointed: The other cafe location has the cookies in stock but its too far out of the way to get there from work.

20201018_163904[1].jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is mocha made from or with coffee?
I think mocha is coffee & chocolate.

I took a couple ideas from this thread and made an interesting concoction. I think it was rubysmama rubysmama who is always talking about stewed tomatoes, and I think Winchester Winchester puts tomatoes in her mac and cheese. So I threw some stewed tomatoes in my stir-fry, then added leftover mac and cheese. It was really good! Not sure if I got the spices exactly right, but I love creating.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mocha is coffee and chocolate. I don’t like it. I like my coffee hot, black, unflavored, and unsweetened. Don’t put it in cakes, pies, or cookies, chocolate or otherwise. But I will say that cake looks good.

M maggiedemi That sounds pretty good! I love my macaroni and cheese with tomatoes.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I roasted the chicken and needed to let it cool before I could tear some off for the girls. Miss Sophiesaurus wasn't pleased that she had to wait. She repeatedly slapped my leg and then sulked off to sit and glare at me. When it was cool, I asked her if she wanted some. She wouldn't come over. I had to deliver it. I think I have been forgiven and my new name is Grubhub. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm home today for a much needed day off from work. My friend made baked ziti last night and showed me pictures. Guess what I'm making for dinner? :biggrin: Instead of ziti I'm going to use shells since that's what I already have on hand. Maybe I'll put some frozen french fries in the oven too. I have Iggy's cranberry pecan rolls to go with dinner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.