What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think there are Dunkin stores in New York? If there are, see if any local store is offering the ghost pepper donut.
Yes! We have one in the town 30 minutes from here. I have to go there on November 10 for my dr. appointment, maybe I'll get one.

I had a co-worker who was obsessed with ghost peppers. He grew them in his garden and would bring some in to dare others to try.
Is he single? Sounds like my dream guy.

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value sourdough bread toasted, 2TB banana peanut butter, 1 unsweetened Mott's cinnamon apple sauce cup.

Lunch: Stir-fry veggie sammich on Great Value sourdough bread toasted- cauliflower, celery, asparagus, olive oil, italian dressing, soy sauce, ghost pepper sauce, 1 packet stevia, 1/2TB almond flour, romaine lettuce, pinto beans, cheddar jack cheese.

Dinner: 1 Aldi vegetarian chickenless burger diced up and cooked in olive oil and ghost pepper sauce, added that to a pasta dish that mom made. The sauce was just olive oil and diced tomatoes instead of pasta sauce. I didn't really like it, I prefer it to be saucy. It also had great northern beans, onion, garlic, shredded cheese, and various spices. I will add jarred pasta sauce to the leftovers.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For dinner I had Lima beans, salad and corn on the cob.

For breakfast I had cream of wheat. It was yellow and smelled like chicken. I did not eat it. I swear they cooked it in chicken broth. The aide laughed when she saw that I did not eat it. She said two other women also got the cream of wheat and they not eat it either. I swear they are trying to starve me.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Pot Roast is on the menu, but who knows if I will eat it... Yesterday was a pastrami sandwich, but they put sauerkraut on it... Yuck.. I cannot eat sauerkraut...

I need to think of what I am going to have for week-end supper.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For dinner I had Lima beans, salad and corn on the cob.

For breakfast I had cream of wheat. It was yellow and smelled like chicken. I did not eat it. I swear they cooked it in chicken broth. The aide laughed when she saw that I did not eat it. She said two other women also got the cream of wheat and they not eat it either. I swear they are trying to starve me.
Ok. I don't care whether someone eats meat or not. That's gross. No one would eat that. If these people are not listening to you or your sister, ask her to get in touch with Justice In Aging.Find Help – JUSTICE IN AGING

Have her let them know that you require a high protein vegetarian diet and the facility is not providing you with it. You are paying these people a lot of money and they are neglecting your needs and health. These people may be willing to step in on your behalf. It can't hurt to try. If they cannot help, they may refer her to someone who can. :hugs:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. I don't care whether someone eats meat or not. That's gross. No one would eat that. If these people are not listening to you or your sister, ask her to get in touch with Justice In Aging.Find Help – JUSTICE IN AGING

Have her let them know that you require a high protein vegetarian diet and the facility is not providing you with it. You are paying these people a lot of money and they are neglecting your needs and health. These people may be willing to step in on your behalf. It can't hurt to try. If they cannot help, they may refer her to someone who can. :hugs:
Thanks for the information. I will send the info to my sister. I had a doctors appointment this morning so I missed breakfast and don't know what they did to the cereal.

Lunch was pretty good. I had asparagus, carrots and mac & cheese.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 Thanks for the link! I went there and they had some interesting things! Thanks!

We had a black and blue pizza last night; I didn't make it. Black and blue is simply a cheesesteak-type pizza with blue cheese. I simply love them. Rick not so much, but he'll eat it.

Split pea soup from the freezer tonight.
(I took chicken thighs out of the freezer this morning and stuck them in the fridge to thaw for tomorrow.)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Steaks - reverse seared and king crab legs.
For an appetizer I am making cast iron skillet dinner rolls with spinach artichoke dip.

King crab legs :yummy: 🤤 I haven't had those in years and only at a restaurant. They're so expensive to buy from the supermarket or fish market. Are you just plain steaming them and serving with butter?

I have a rostiserrie chicken leg quarter in the fridge for dinner. I'll make rice or something to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.