What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they're not a meat alternative. Here's a description: What is falafel?
Oh, I remember I had those once. But I microwaved them and they were terrible. I need to try frying them.

That never did bother me because I am a junk food vegetarian. I am trying to do better.
I just put fresh veggies with the meat alternatives, then it doesn't bother me that they are processed.

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value sourdough bread toasted with banana peanut butter. Added cinnamon to it, but that tasted weird. Also had a fruit cocktail cup.

Lunch: Veggie stir-fry on 2 cracker samples from Walmart - tomato & cheese crackers, potato & cheese crackers. Asparagus, cauliflower, celery, onion, tomato, mixed baby greens, pinto beans, olive oil, soy sauce, italian dressing, ghost pepper sauce.

Dinner: Veggie Stir-fry sammich on Great Value sourdough bread toasted- asparagus, cauliflower, onion, mixed baby greens, diced Aldi vegetarian chickenless patty, Texas bbq sauce, ghost pepper sauce, cheddar jack cheese. Loved it with BBQ sauce!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Double baked potato with a green salad. Cut baked potato from last night in half lengthwise. Scrape out potato with a fork so it is well broken up. Mix with shredded cheese, pack back into potato skin and top with butter. Run under broiler of toaster oven until lightly browned. Rather nice.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I remember I had those once. But I microwaved them and they were terrible. I need to try frying them.
The type of falafel I buy is from Trader Joe's. They are precooked so I make them in the oven. If the type you bought are already cooked I would not recommend frying them.

I had a quinoa burger on an onion roll with red pepper hummus, tomato, spinach leaves and avocado. Honeycrisp apple and red seedless grapes for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight is probably a pastrami and Swiss, almost certainly hot. We'll see. I don't have any onions diced for hot dogs, and don't feel like dicing one, honestly. Back ache. Rain. Arthritis.

OH...my insurance company sent me a letter. It seems that in 2021, I will get a gift card with $50 a month to use for eggs, dairy, and fresh fruits and veggies. This is a very GOOD thing, indeed!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi are you up for trying a Ghost Pepper donut?

I just realized that the pozole roja has hominy in it. I guess it's a type of corn? It's really good.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chicken breast (boneless, skinless, rubbed with olive oil then a dribble of Ken's country French salad dressing) baked in toaster oven, then finished off by broiling. Risotto (white vermouth, Better than Bullion chicken broth, butter, olive oil) with foraged hen of the wood mushroom and some red onion. Steamed asparagus.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized that the pozole roja has hominy in it. I guess it's a type of corn? It's really good
It's corn soaked in lye until it "explodes". It is pretty good.

I'm making spinach artichoke dip in the Instant Pot. Yes, dip for dinner 🤤. I have some Food Should Taste Good chips to eat with it. I hope it's as good as the restaurant kind!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you up for trying a Ghost Pepper donut?
Sure! I've been eating ghost pepper all week. It's so hot, I can only eat a Teaspoon per plate/bowl. I can eat a Tablespoon of Habanero.

dribble of Ken's country French salad dressing
That's the only other dressing I like besides Thousand Island, Red French. I don't like the orange French.

Breakfast: Kind Honey Granola, with 1 diced Gala apple, and cow milk.

Lunch: Veggie stir-fry sammich on Great Value sourdough bread toasted- asparagus, cauliflower, olive oil, soy sauce, ghost pepper sauce, Italian dressing, pinto beans, romaine lettuce, cheddar jack cheese, and added a packet of Stevia while cooking which really improved the taste!

Dinner: Dollar General Clover Valley deluxe mac & cheese, the kind with the liquid cheese packet. Also one Aldi vegetarian chickenless patty diced up and cooked in frying pan with 3 big fresh diced asparagus spears in olive oil, then added Texas BBQ sauce the last 2 minutes. Mixed everything together on my plate. Yum!

Status
Not open for further replies.