What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Italian chicken was ok. The company really needs to stop putting a whole sliced onion into a single meal portion :bat: 6 slices of chicken, lots of veggies, and a whole large onion. I get that onion is cheap and often used as filler to make a meal look like it has more than it appears but still.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely make the family size anymore, as it makes too much for just me.
It doesn't even make 2 servings anymore, even if I add veggies to it. I mean full Corelle dinner plate servings. So they must have made it smaller.

It's lumpier if you don't do it "right".
I figured something like that, so I did what they said. How many minutes do you stir all that stuff in for? Butter, milk, cheese powder. 5 minutes?

Raisin bread toast, cheese and apple, again. But I did "dress it up" this time.
What is that stuff drizzled on top, Cheez Whiz or Caramel?

Breakfast: Finished up the Bays Sourdough English Muffins, toasted with butter on it. Also microwaved a cinnamon applesauce cup to make it more exciting. It just made it taste bitter!

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Great Value wheat bread toasted, mayo, habanero hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, carrot, swiss cheese. I really like carrot on my sammich! I cut it lengthwise so it looks almost shaved.

Dinner: Leftover taco salad with all the fixings.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh how nice to have my stove back!Tonight I grilled a ham steak,made provencal tomatoes and scrambled some eggs with a little cheddar cheese and put them on top of the tomatoes.Oh my goodness...you know how I am about eggs,and these were really good!I also fixed us some toast and we had raspberry jam on that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not that Cheez Whiz is some culinary food, but the aerosol can cheese sounds really bad. :lol:
Well, I am informed by Those Who Ought to Know that Easy Cheese in the can is far, far better when there is a televised football game on, and you've broken into the second six-pack of Old Milwaukee beer. That makes a certain amount of sense. I imagine that's along about the time that the crackers start being ignored, as well. Or that may be the third six-pack. Depending on how many people are watching the game, of course.

Last night was Ikea veggie balls,
I have this really strange mental picture of you sitting at the table with two pages of incomprehensible instructions on how to put your meatballs together!

Fried egg sandwiches tonight. Easy, filling, simple, tasty!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we had a Digiorno Croissant Crust pizza. It was OK. Got back from taking the three girls to the vet and neither of us wanted to cook.

Today's menu is a Perdue Oven Stuffer, spatchcocked, rubbed with rotisserie chicken spices, and air-fried in the Foodi Grill. (I spatchcocked it and rubbed it with the spices last night to sit and chill overnight.) I'll quarter my onion and just put it under the chicken. Roasted sweet potatoes and some green beans as sides. With pumpkin bars and orange-cream cheese frosting. Iced tea.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It doesn't even make 2 servings anymore, even if I add veggies to it. I mean full Corelle dinner plate servings. So they must have made it smaller.
I don't normally eat it as a meal, but a side. So that's why it makes more that 2 servings for me.

What is that stuff drizzled on top, Cheez Whiz or Caramel?
I cut cheddar cheese into strips and melted it under the broiler. 🧀 But drizzled caramel probably would be really good. :yummy:

I have this really strange mental picture of you sitting at the table with two pages of incomprehensible instructions on how to put your meatballs together!
:spew:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we had pasta with canned tuna fish but warm not cold. It's a NY Times cooking from your pantry recipe. Tried it, really liked it, that's why doing it again.

I used pipette shape pasta but the idea is to use what you have on hand. Cook in lots of boiling water. While pasta is cooking heat generous amount of oil in a saucepan. Recipe calls for scallions, didn't have any. Recipe says "no scallions? use onion." That's what I did. After the onion is translucent I added capers and sliced black olives. Next, a soup ladle worth of pasta cooking water. Then a drained can of tuna fish.

Drain pasta, add onion, capers, olives, tuna fish, saucey liquid. Recipe now calls for generous amount of herbs, whatever pleases you - basil, mint, whatever. Didn't have, could have picked mint out of the garden but didn't want minty tuna fish so I used a couple of really generous handfuls of mixed baby greens - spinach, kale, chard. Tossed with prepared pasta, still hot, to just wilt the greens.

We do like this. If you try it, you might like it too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Easy Cheese is AWESOME. Especially the sharp cheddar flavor. And it's still legally allowed to be called "cheese", so it's not too bad, haha. I don't care for Cheez Whiz though.

I bought more tuna yesterday and yikes! The price has gone up rather dramatically. I mean, sure, I buy expensive Albacore but still. I wonder if there's a shortage or all the fishermen got sick or what.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got my sutures out from dental surgery two weeks ago and celebrated at a new vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I still have to be careful eating certain things and need to go through more surgery in a few months but for now I'm enjoying some of my favorite foods. I ordered a Sweet Potato Quinoa & Purple Yam salad.

(Arcadian Mix, Arugula, Sweet Potatoes, Purple Yams, Tri-Color Quinoa, Pickled Apple, Roasted Pine Nuts, Watermelon Radish, Maple Dijon Vinaigrette) I had them put the pine nuts on the side because I still can't eat them.

IMG_0613.jpeg

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
7-pound Perdue Oven Stuffer, thawed and spatchcocked . I used the Rotisserie-Style Chicken spices. Thrown into the drip pan of the Foodi Grill, the Roast function, using the smart probe for 170F (Chicken-Well Done). I think it took a little under an hour. It's pretty dark from the spices I used, but it's very moist and delicious. Rick started cutting it before I could get a picture of the whole bird, so I just took this picture of it on the cutting board. Enough leftovers to make a nice chicken pie later on this week!
PerdueOS.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
provencal tomatoes
Are those stuffed tomatoes? Sounds interesting, never had them.

I cut cheddar cheese into strips and melted it under the broiler
I never had melted cheese on apples! I'll have to try it.

Sweet Potato Quinoa & Purple Yam salad.
That sounds good. I don't know if I would like the dressing though, I always need my Thousand Islands, but that might not go with it.

Breakfast: Finished the Nature's Path pumpkin seed granola, one fresh diced pear, unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Great Value Wheat Bread toasted, mayo, habanero hot sauce, lettuce, walnuts, cucumber, red grapes, carrot matchsticks, pepper jack cheese.

Dinner: Leftover taco salad with all the fixins. I finished up the plain greek yogurt and added honey to try to cut the tanginess. That didn't work, so I added a pinch of salt. That worked! It fixed it. I never thought to add salt to yogurt before. I'm learning! :thumbsup:

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are those stuffed tomatoes? Sounds interesting, never had them.

I never had melted cheese on apples! I'll have to try it.

That sounds good. I don't know if I would like the dressing though, I always need my Thousand Islands, but that might not go with it.

Breakfast: Finished the Nature's Path pumpkin seed granola, one fresh diced pear, unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Great Value Wheat Bread toasted, mayo, habanero hot sauce, lettuce, walnuts, cucumber, red grapes, carrot matchsticks, pepper jack cheese.

Dinner: Leftover taco salad with all the fixins. I finished up the plain greek yogurt and added honey to try to cut the tanginess. That didn't work, so I added a pinch of salt. That worked! It fixed it. I never thought to add salt to yogurt before. I'm learning! :thumbsup:
No,they're not stuffed.Cut the tomato in half and season with olive oil,salt and pepper.Mix up some fresh bread crumbs with olive oil,minced garlic,some basil or parsley and those crumbs go on top of the tomato and they're baked til the crumbs are crispy and browned,and the tomato gets somewhat cooked..When they came out of the oven is when I cooked my scrambled eggs and put them on top.Scrumptious!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely: I am glad you are doing better. My brother is going through the same thing.
Your dinner sure looks good. I wish there was a vegetarian|vegan restaurant around here.
muffy muffy I would gladly order take out at the restaurant and bring it over if I could. 🤗 I think you would love it there, i.e. so many wonderful and delicious veggie options. And if you like dessert you would have a blast, everythingl on their menu is vegetarian or vegan so you don't have to worry about the ingredients.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
muffy muffy I would gladly order take out at the restaurant and bring it over if I could. 🤗 I think you would love it there, i.e. so many wonderful and delicious veggie options. And if you like dessert you would have a blast, everythingl on their menu is vegetarian or vegan so you don't have to worry about the ingredients.
I would love to try some of their food. There is a vegan Chinese restaurant in Maryland about 30 miles from my house but I could never find anyone to go with me. I hear their food is very good.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For dinner we’ll be having moose roast with garlic mashed potatoes and some other veggies.
I ended up roasting that moose roast for tonight’s dinner instead. I had it marinating in a red wine marinade for a few days in the fridge. The gravy I made from the drippings was so delicious. I made mashed potatoes and corn with it. Hubby said “dinner was awesome”. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.