What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I don't, um, know. Took a container of the freezer, but the blasted label fell off. It looks like some kind of soup, but.....well, darned if I know! I guess I'll bake up some muffins and whatever the container turns out to be. Nothing like living on the edge. (I'm not fond of living on the edge with dinner.) If all else fails, there's a pizza in the freezer.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Barley mushroom soup. Pulled a quart of homemade venison chicken stock from the freezer, sauteed mushrooms, sliced a carrot and added in, also about 10 small frozen white onions. And the remaining barley pilaf from last night. Baked cornmeal muffins in a hot gem pan so they'd pop up. Nice chilly evening meal.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can we all post pictures of the stuff we cook on this thread?
Of course we can post pics of our food!

I don't, um, know. Took a container of the freezer, but the blasted label fell off.
That sounds exciting. Mystery meal! How was it?....What was it?

Breakfast: Nature's Path Pumpkin Seed Granola with sliced red grapes and cow milk. The grapes in the cereal were interesting, but I prefer apples.

Lunch: Veggie sammich on Aldi plain bagel untoasted and microwaved for 30 seconds. Mayo, Culinary Tours habanero hot sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, hard boiled egg, swiss cheese, sliced red grapes. I really liked the grapes on my sammich! Yummy surprise.

Dinner: Leftover potato soup and I threw some roasted tomato/onion in it, and Culinary Tours habanero hot sauce. I love the flavor of roasted tomatoes! Tastes similar to sundried tomatoes. This hot sauce is really good too, but it tastes just like Marie Sharp.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
question for the mods can we all post pictures of the stuff we cook on this thread? i am kinda curious about or more like i wanna see the food others are making to
Yep, POST AWAY! If you go back a bit, you'll find all sorts of photos.

Tonight...um. Well, LAST night was a bowl of my neighbor's KILLER chili. Tonight...I'm uninspired. What I actually want, and may end up doing, is some cheese toast made with Swiss cheese. It's just so buttery!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can bring my own hot sauce, I have 50 bottles. I'm sure you have something spicy though. Got any cayenne or crushed red pepper?
That's a lot of hot sauce !!! 🌶 And, yep, I do have cayenne and crushed red pepper, but I'm sure I would never use enough to please your palate, ;)

can we all post pictures of the stuff we cook on this thread? i am kinda curious about or more like i wanna see the food others are making to
I love seeing pics of food people are making too. So please post pics people. :camera::camera::camera:

whatever the container turns out to be.
So ... what was it ???

Sunday night I had more of my pasta. 🍝
Last night was homemade black bean burger and salad. 🍔 🥗
Tonight is still undecided :dunno:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LAST night was a bowl of my neighbor's KILLER chili.
I hope it was spicy! 🌶

I do have cayenne and crushed red pepper, but I'm sure I would never use enough to please your palate
Put it on the table, I can always add more if you have measuring spoons. :thumbsup:

Breakfast: Finished up the Aldi English Muffins, toasted, Justin's Honey Almond Butter sample packet, with an Aldi peach fruit cup.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Bays sourdough English Muffin toasted, mayo, Vegemite from Australia, swiss cheese, lettuce, leftover roasted tomato onion mix, hard boiled egg. These English muffins are tiny, so that is all I could fit on it.

Dinner: Cheetos Mac & Cheese, the plain one. It was really good and easy to make! Next time I will add veggies. It only made one dinner plate serving, I was surprised. I have the Flaming Hot and Jalapeno ones too!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Hog Jowl Road? Interesting name! That one, though, would have not given me any cooking inspiration!
lizzie lizzie I hope you can get your stove fixed!
neely neely I hope you feel better soon! Dental surgery is no fun at all.

That "mystery" container the other night? Turns out it was the last container of sweet & sour pork in the kitchen freezer. Once I realized what it was, I threw some fried brown rice together and the pork over the rice was dinner. Then since I spent four hours at the salon yesterday, I stopped for a large hoagie, brought that home and we split it for our supper.

I took three chicken thighs out of the freezer yesterday and they're thawing in the fridge. I'll throw them into the Foodi Grill for supper. And make something with squash and zucchini as a side.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, since this is still Tuesday night to me, tonight I had hot dogs. NOT with cheese and onions. I got a wild hair up an unmentionable body part, and had them with mustard and pickle relish. I'd forgotten how good that is. It isn't cheese and onions by a long shot, but it was a nice change of pace. And I didn't have to dice an onion. Yes, I was that lazy. And perturbed. The water heater went out, and they had one heck of a time installing the new one. It wasn't finished until almost 10 PM. Works GREAT, though! YAY!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely I hope you feel better soon! Dental surgery is no fun at all.
Thanks so much for your concern, I really appreciate it. 🤗 I've held off posting because all my meals are so boring, i.e. bland, mushy food. Last night it was plain scrambled eggs and chocolate pudding. I swear I've eaten more pudding in the last two weeks than I have in my entire life. My appointment is tomorrow and hopefully I will get the sutures out but it's only the beginning of a three-phase dental procedure that will take 9-10 months. But at least I can eat even if it's not what I'm accustomed to so I can't complain too much.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
black bean sauce
When do you put the sauce in? The last few minutes?

Last night it was plain scrambled eggs and chocolate pudding.
Eggs can be exciting, as long as you put ketchup on them. :thumbsup:

Breakfast: Nature's Path Pumpkin Seed Granola with 1 diced fresh pear and cow milk.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on toasted Bays Sourdough English Muffin, mayo, Vegemite, habanero sauce, lettuce, roasted tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers, swiss cheese.

Dinner: Leftover potato soup with shredded cheese, habanero sauce, and Vegemite added.

Status
Not open for further replies.