What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
brioche bun
I had some brioche bagels recently. They were really yummy.

I think I'll make my quick pasta and broccoli with store bought Marinara sauce
Anything else in it besides broccoli and sauce?

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value Texas Toast bread, toasted. With 1TB butter and 1Tsp Vegemite from Australia!!! and some diced apple. The Vegemite isn't bad, it just tastes like salty gravy. 1Tsp was too much, I'll try 1/2Tsp next time.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich- Great Value Texas Toast bread toasted, mayo, creamy french dressing (orange kind), red jalapeno hot sauce, swiss chard, tomato, green bell peppers, green onions, black beans, swiss cheese.

Dinner: Practiced with another Knorr Pasta Sides packet. I was wrong, 2 notches below medium is still too high heat. I'll go 3 notches below medium next time. I'm determined to get this perfect. I added broccoli & 1Tsp ghost pepper hot sauce to it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had some brioche bagels recently. They were really yummy.

Anything else in it besides broccoli and sauce?

Breakfast: 2 slices Great Value Texas Toast bread, toasted. With 1TB butter and 1Tsp Vegemite from Australia!!! and some diced apple. The Vegemite isn't bad, it just tastes like salty gravy. 1Tsp was too much, I'll try 1/2Tsp next time.

Lunch: Veggie Sammich- Great Value Texas Toast bread toasted, mayo, creamy french dressing (orange kind), red jalapeno hot sauce, swiss chard, tomato, green bell peppers, green onions, black beans, swiss cheese.

Dinner: Practiced with another Knorr Pasta Sides packet. I was wrong, 2 notches below medium is still too high heat. I'll go 3 notches below medium next time. I'm determined to get this perfect. I added broccoli & 1Tsp ghost pepper hot sauce to it.
They had those buns at Aldis and I had never tried them before.They were really quite good!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
gotta gain the weight back hehe girlfriend gave me dirty looks the whole day after that doc visit:flail:
HUH! I can see her point!.

Tonight...well, it's "tomorrow night" to me, but tonight for the rest of you. I feel bakish. I'm thinking biscuits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. Unless I don't feel bakish anymore when I get up. In that case, I shall follow my bliss and see which condiment I crave before making a final decision.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HUH! I can see her point!.

Tonight...well, it's "tomorrow night" to me, but tonight for the rest of you. I feel bakish. I'm thinking biscuits, sausage gravy, and scrambled eggs. Unless I don't feel bakish anymore when I get up. In that case, I shall follow my bliss and see which condiment I crave before making a final decision.
aww fresh biscuits are sooo good if only i could cook up a good pot of gumbo

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I tried making tuna loaf in the NFG. Worked out fine and I didn't have to heat the oven for that little dish. With brown sugar sweet potatoes from the garden. Rick found one ear of corn that was worth eating, so I made it for him.

Pork chops tonight. Trying a recipe for a yellow squash/zucchini casserole.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
So this is how my mind works.....we were coming back from picking up Rick's mom's Kindle and we were on a rural road, on our way to pay the bill for Clarence's new power steering belt. Saw a sign for Buckwheat Road and I said to Rick, "You know, they say buckwheat pancakes are really good." And then I said, "Speaking of pancakes, it's been a while since we had pancakes and sausage for supper." And that, ladies and gentlemen is why when we came home, Rick went downstairs to the freezer and brought up a ring of sausage. And why we're having pancakes and sausage tonight for our Friday night supper. It all started with a road identification sign. And that's how my mind works!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They had those buns at Aldis and I had never tried them before.
Yes, the brioche bagels I had were from Aldi too!

Breakfast: Finished up the Target Good & Gather vanilla bean granola, with Aldi dried fruit medley, and cow milk

Lunch: Veggie Sammich on Great Value Texas Toast bread toasted, mayo, orange french dressing, ghost pepper sauce, swiss cheese, swiss chard, tomato, cucumber, orange bell pepper, black beans

Dinner: Practiced with my last Knorr Pasta Sides packet. I still didn't get it perfect. I'll have to get some more so I can keep practicing. I added broccoli and ghost pepper sauce to it.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to visit the kids today and delivered some honey they'd sold for dad.
We had a late lunch 'cuz we had to visit Habitat for Humanity (I didn't get to go last time),and the kids fixed a feast!Nova lox,cream cheese and bagels,tomato,a jar of capers (!!!!!),sliced salami,chedder cheese,assorted crackers.olives,prepped green onion,pimento cheese.Talk about being in hog heaven!It was wonderful!Bless my son's heart...he has to count every gram of carbs and can't go over 20 per meal.He did really good...did 14 for his lunch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
lizzie lizzie , it's always wonderful to spend time with the kids. And your dinner sounds so good! I haven't had pimento cheese in ages.

The pork chops and squash casserole we didn't have last night.....unless I see another road sign. Rick says thank goodness we didn't drive along Shinbone Road yesterday! (yes, we do have a Shinbone Road)

Status
Not open for further replies.