What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cut up a chicken and roasted it,got some potatoes ready to start cooking and I asked him if he wanted them mashed or what and he said just boiled with butter,pepper and salt would be fine,so that and pickled beets.Good stuff!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night (Sunday) I made the French onion Salisbury steaks with just baked potatoes. And a salad.

Tonight, we'll do a ham steak. I'm going to ask Rick to throw it on the grill. With just a salad to go with.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took the carcass,leftover bones,skin and pan drippings from last nights chicken and made a broth,put the chunked up chicken and some frozen mixed veggies and called it chicken stew,and I made a small batch of biscuits and that was dinner.I have missed it for sure and there's leftovers!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I defrosted a couple of tilapia fillets but my mind skittered around how to cook them. Should I make beer batter and fry? Or do something Chinese? Or, or, or . . . By now it was edging up on dinner time. O.K. I'll invent something.

Line broiler pan with tin foil and brush with oil. Plop fillets down. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, sprinkle with some of Ken's red wine and olive oil salad dressing, bread crumbs, a dribble of oil. Broil.

Turn to pot of boiling water and dump in some tricolor rotini. While that cooks (9 minutes) I sauteed some cut up baby bella mushrooms. When the mushrooms are almost done add some cut up sweet red pepper and red onion. All a little teeny-tiny bit more butter, put the lid on, shake up, simmer.

Plate up fish (bread crumbs nicely browned, fish cooked through). Drain pasta and toss with mushrooms/pepper/onion. Plate up in a modest size bowl. Serve.

Not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.