What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was a busy day and we weren't really hungry,so I made 2 grilled cheese sandwiches...one with bacon and one with bbq beef.Oh my...they were so good!Hubby says...where do you come up with some of this stuff...I just shrug:)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Chicken legs. Believe it or not, Rick doesn't mind legs. I usually buy a large tray when they're on sale for 88 cents a pound and then split them up and do them in the food saver. I took a bag of legs out of the freezer the other day to thaw. But I don't know if I want to do them in the Foodi Grill or "fry" them in the cast iron frying pan in the oven (from Cook's Country). Or do them outside on the grill. Whatever is easiest, I guess. A simple chopped salad to go with.

Our pizza was good last night. Sausage, mushroom, onion, and green pepper. We have two pieces leftover for lunch today. Instead of doing it in the frying pan, I used a large pizza stone in the oven.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now you've all done it! I'm hungry for fried chicken! (Don't you love the power of suggestion?)
LOL. And speaking of "power of suggestion" ...

Freshchetta (there's one in the freezer).
Your Freshchetta reminded me of the Bruschetta in my freezer, so think that's what I'll be having for lunch. Though maybe I'll save it for dinner, as it's too hot to cook anything other than warming something in the toaster oven. But then what about lunch. :headscratch:.

Tonight is blueberry and corn salad
I've never heard of that combination of foods before. Also not sure what I think of it. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Last night was a big veggie salad. Like so many others it's just too darn hot to cook. I'm hoping to get to a little Mexican take-out place we discovered last week that has the best homemade food. I had a veggie fajita soft taco for lunch and even DH was drooling. 🤤

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to do a little shopping this morning early and picked up a big package of chicken wings and a couple of pork loin roasts for cheap.Thinking of fixing the wings,seasoned and baked,for dinner,maybe with a few new potatoes and a cucumber,onion and tomato salad.I know...the oven...but I've already baked bread so.......

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our chicken legs were good last night. I did them in just an Italian dressing marinade all day and then threw them in the Foodi Grill. We had them with a salad.

Tonight, we're doing rib-eyes on the outside grill. (Rick is in Big Charge.) I haven't decided if I'm just going to make baked potatoes or maybe throw together a bit of macaroni salad. With mint tea.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I fixed a few more new potatoes,nuked the leftover wings and had our first sliced tomato from the garden.It was outstanding!I was going to fix the cuke,tomato and onion salad last night and he wanted pickled beets,and they were yummy so it all worked out.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I weren't feeling well yesterday and neither of us was hungry. We put together a sandwich for each of us, along with drinking a Pepsi. And that was our dinner.

I still have some chicken legs left over from Sunday that I do need to use. That will be dinner tonight. Maybe oven-fried since I haven't done that yet. And I am still hungry for fried chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.