What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had eggs here, too, only I made a zucchini omelet last night.

Tonight we'll have the pork chops that we didn't have last night, along with some green beans and sauteed zucchini. And a slice of honey bun cake for dessert. Rick is hungry for something sweet and I know that will be just the thing.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wasn't feeling all too well today...I think the heat and humidity is getting to him,and I'm short of breath,so nothing much for dinner.I had some leftover biscuits and bacon,so we had that and he had half of one with a little honey.I had the other half with some elder-razz jam.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We had eggs here, too, only I made a zucchini omelet last night.
It must have been breakfast for dinner night. 😉 I had scrambled eggs with veggies last night too, (green onions, red peppers, zucchini and swiss cheese). Tonight it will be one of our old standbys, i.e. veggie quinoa burgers and biscottis for dessert. DH bought giant honeycrisp apples so I will cut one in half for each of us.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we had a hoagie; I was so hungry for a blasted hoagie, of all things. We got a large and split it.

Tonight will probably be ham loaf with a mustard-brown sugar glaze, hasselback pototoes or baked, haven't decided which, and the inevitable zucchini side dish.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we had a hoagie; I was so hungry for a blasted hoagie, of all things. We got a large and split it.

Tonight will probably be ham loaf with a mustard-brown sugar glaze, hasselback pototoes or baked, haven't decided which, and the inevitable zucchini side dish.
Yum. Ham loaf is underrated IMO. :yummy:

Last night I had a tomato sandwich and some pineapple. Not sure what tonight will be. I have another lemon pepper seasoned chicken leg quarter. I may roast that with some veggies on the side.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir fry. Little strips of thin pork cutlets given a 30 minute marination in soy sauce, sherry, and a spoonful of sugar. Sliced mushrooms and onion. Finished by thickening marinade with corn starch and served everything over Pastene angel hair pasta.

Dessert was blueberry trifle.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
BLTs! The first of the season! We have two gorgeous tomatoes on the kitchen counter from the garden. I took a pound of bacon out of the freezer. Man, I can taste that sandwich now! We may stop at the cheesemaker out the road for a small wheel of baby Swiss.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thai beef curry - thin sliced beef with sliced sweet red pepper and onion in coconut milk, curry sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, etc. Think I prefer the ones I've made with shrimp or chicken. Served over white rice.

Dessert - a trifle. Again. But this one made with peeled local peaches, coarsely diced then simmered with sugar, corn starch, a pinch of salt, and water, then finished with a little bourbon. Layered with sponge cake and butterscotch pudding.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm doing a baked mac and cheese with minced onion, red and green bell peppers, diced ham and crispy bacon.

THAT SAID...I'd KILL for a mufaletta sandwich from Streetcar Poboys and Seafood in NOLA!
I have a recipe for olive salad if you'd like it,then you can make your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.