What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I did make vegetable soup yesterday. It hit the spot for Rick; he was so hungry for veggie soup. I took a loaf of that oatmeal bread (that I had made a while back) out of the freezer to have. It was good. Enough for us for dinner and two quarts for the freezer. Vegetable soup is one of those foods that tastes better when it sits for a while.

Tonight will be Freschetta pizza. Rick is cooking, or heating up, as the case may be.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We weren't too hungry tonight...jeez this is becoming an every day thing of late!
:yeah: It's hard to work up an appetite when the heat and humidity are constant day after day.

DH had bean and cheese taquitos with a salad. I had a small portion of bow tie pasta with spinach and ricotta cheese. We shared a dark chocolate w/espresso bean bar and had honeycrisp apples.

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We're supposed to get bad storms this afternoon into the evening so I'm planning to make a batch of veggie chili which will come in handy for leftovers during the week.
Scratch the veggie chili, sun came out so DH and I went out later this afternoon. Now neither one of us are in the mood for chili. I don't know why I even bother listening to the weather forecast, they're wrong more than 50% of the time. :frustrated: I think it will be grilled cheese for both of us with baby carrots and coconut milk ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love tomato sandwiches with lettuce and a slice of swiss cheese melted on top. :thumbsup:
I'm not really fond of lettuce on sandwiches, but I DO like to slice an onion paper-thin, place it on top of a slice of bread, top that with a slice of tomato, then swiss, and broil the whole thing. Which, come to think of it, may be supper tonight! I have ONE tomato left...

Status
Not open for further replies.