What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely mags hasn't' been posting in the Music thread either and she is missed!!! M maggiedemi Come back, mags!!

Well, I've been gone from his thread for over a month and I've been very naughty
MIa: Forgive me Father for I have sinned it's been over a month since my last confession. I've had 4 cans of span and other bad things
Father Mike: SPAM???? Oh, my child, 500 Hail Marys' Spam????

Yep I have been eating terribly. Pizza, McDonald's, Wendy's, you name it. Dove Ice cream bars, Haagen-Dazs strawberry ice cream, chips, etc. Spam and I have broken up, at least for awhile. There have been salads here and there, and coleslaw.

So yesterday Kaylee made a version of Pam's mac and cheese with tomatoes but using Stouffer's instead
of making the roux and cheese sauce. It was very good! Not as good as Pam's but I had 2 bowls, oink.
For dinner I had a big salad with Marzettie's Caesar's Dressing. I'm over vinaigrette for the moment
I so can't wait for our homegrown tomatoes to be ready. Hopefully here may be some early girls at the
Farmer's Mkt on Saturday.

Tonight I'll have another salad for dinner and probably a sammie for lunch
I've been having a lot of Luigi's Italian ices. Strawberry and Lemonade. Can't
find anywhere that has the coconut.

You've all have been making such tasty meals!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a huge salad that I think I'll eat throughout the day. It will be so
hot, I can't even think of hot food right now. t'll probably have smoked a turkey
breast sammie, may have that for dinner but I am in the mood for a grilled cheese.
I have some extra sharp cheddar and it makes for a wonderful grilled cheese.
Will have that early. I'm thinking of the ham and grilled cheese Ina Garten makes.
I've never had it but Nicole and I watched the episode of her making it. It looked
decadent. I'm in the mood for shrimp cocktail.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a craving for some roasted chicken,so that's what I fixed even though it's another hot day,and he's been chomping at the bit to check on our potatoes,so he dug up a hill and I boiled them,and we had some pickled beets.It was all wonderful!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Banana bread for dessert. I got inspired and baked last night.
Good for you! :thumbsup: If you take a pic you can post it in the Quarantine Baking thread, (hint, hint).

Too darn hot to cook so sandwiches for us tonight - DH had grilled cheese with tater tots and I had a veggie sandwich with baby carrots on the side. We both had mini-coconut milk ice cream sandwiches for dessert and a honeycrisp apple for dessert.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Banana bread for dessert. I got inspired and baked last night.
I just made a banana bread last week, and have been nibbling on it ever since.

Good for you! :thumbsup: If you take a pic you can post it in the Quarantine Baking thread, (hint, hint).
I was thinking the same thing. :biggrin:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pulled pork as tacos - corn tortillas, with quick pickled red onion and homemade salsa verde for embellishing.

Side was more of the red onion - slice, toss with lemon juice, a pinch of salt, 2 pinches of sugar, let sit for 30 minutes. Prepare tomato - cut in bite size pieces tossed with salt & fresh ground pepper, balsamic vinegar and splash of EVOO. Garbanzos, drained. Combine all, serve cold. I liked it. Himself, not so much.

Chocolate chip cookies for dessert. I think summer is having its effect. The butter maybe warmed too much because the cookies spread more than I am used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.