What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I have chicken quarters marinating in the fridge. Chicken on the grill, twice-baked potatoes, sauteed asparagus (and maybe this WILL be the last of the asparagus!) with freshly made mint tea. Dessert is a simple bowl of vanilla ice cream.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We spent all day working outside, i.e. more weeding, mulching, planting annuals and hanging up birdhouses. Since we worked up an appetite I decided to make veggie chili with brown rice. Honeycrisp apple and red seedless grapes for dessert.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made Instant Pot butter chicken/tikka masala (I kind of combine the recipes). I made it at my parents' house for the whole family. My mom, my brother, and his girlfriend all loved it. The kids didn't like it, and my dad is the pickiest person alive. Oh well, more leftovers for me!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the salads from today's subscription delivery. I still have leftovers from Saturday's "bolognese" for later in the week. I think mushrooms and a bit of hot pepper flakes would be a nice addition the next time I make the "bolognese" :think:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SO...tonight, a hamburger (or two...I may only eat once today) with cheese. And onions. So make that a cheeseburger with onions. I think, since I already have diced onions, I'll mix them in with the burger.
That's kinda what I had last night. Except, of course, my burger was a black bean burger. I did put cheese on it for a change, so I guess that made it a black bean cheeseburger. No onions, though, as I didn't want to cut up an onion just to put a little bit on my burger.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't a clue. Over 1,000 cookbooks around here and I haven't a blasted clue.
I think I'll make a variation of this. Chicken Tetrazzini

I don't have mushrooms but I do have some artichoke hearts. I also don't have spaghetti but do have penne. No white wine but I do have marsala. I'm pretty sure it will work. :think:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Vegetable Lo Mein yesterday with a bit of cooked chicken on the side for extra protein. Tonight? Hmm. These days Chinese always sounds so good and that fancy cookbook I picked up at the thrift store is packed with 200 recipes, all of which take only about 10 minutes to cook but half an hour to prep the veggies. Some of that I don't cook as I can't eat shellfish and I am pretty much off red meat, but even if I have chicken 5 times a week it never tastes the same with all the different sauces. Maybe Butter Chicken for a change, that's not Chinese but Indian and pretty easy too and that I can freeze, Chinese food is no good frozen because it turns into mush and the idea of Chinese food is crispness in the veggies.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He wanted another meatball sandwich so I heated that up for him.I cooked a bit of angel hair earlier in the day,tossed it with olive oil and some cooking water.I had some cold pasta with Italian dressing and grated parm and some sliced cucumber.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday lunch was Aldi Coconut Chia Granola cereal with thawed frozen strawberries and vanilla almond milk.
I would love to try some fresh fruit on my cereal, this frozen fruit is mushy.

Dinner was crumbled veggie burger cooked up with olive oil, hot sauce, swiss chard/spinach/green onions from garden. Served with roasted potato/carrot/onion /garlic mix, Ketchup with Gochujang Korean hot pepper paste mixed into it

Status
Not open for further replies.