What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Leftover cheese ravioli from lunch. The ravioli was a much better choice from Bertuccis :agree:
Is that frozen or fresh?

I had thawed some chicken sausage and sirloin tips on Monday and grilled them. We still have some sirloin tips left so we'll be haivng them tonight with a salad and maybe some green beans.

I just came across this recipe and it looks delicious.

French Onion Chicken Skillet
My goodness, that sounds amazing but I think I go a bit heavier on cheese, oink, oink

Last edited:

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had tteokbokki tonight. It's plain rice cakes, cabbage, onions, and fishcakes (which I'm not a fan of, but they don't really taste that much like fish so I can force them down) in a really spicy sauce. I don't eat it very often, but had a weird craving today.
1590149284982.png

mine didn't look this fancy because I got it for take-out and also it's mostly a snack food here so no one would plate it fancy hahaha

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That French onion chicken was really good! I had to make some substitutions, but I enjoyed dinner. Rick does not like chicken, so he was less than enthusiastic, but it had nothing to do with the recipe itself. I used bone-in thighs because that's what I had thawed. Regular onions (to which I added a wee bit of sugar for just a hint of sweetness). No Swiss cheese because I don't have any. After I made the sauce, I put the chicken into a casserole, threw the onions back into the sauce, mixed it together and poured it over the thighs. And baked it that way. I baked two potatoes in the Foodi Grill and threw some frozen vegetables together. Good stuff! I'm keeping the recipe and will follow it accordingly the next time. I just couldn't last night. Thanks Karen AbbysMom AbbysMom ! I think you'll like it!

I never thought it would happen, but I'm a little tired of pizza. I think we'll have hot dogs for a quick supper tonight.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is that frozen or fresh?

The ravioli? It came from Bertuccis so I would assume they make their ravioli from scratch 🍝

I have a "bbq picnic" meal I took out of the freezer. It's mostly big rounds of carrots, some baked beans, some shredded chicken, a chunk of polenta. Some of the meals from the subscription aren't exactly what you expect them to be.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had tteokbokki tonight. It's plain rice cakes, cabbage, onions, and fishcakes (which I'm not a fan of, but they don't really taste that much like fish so I can force them down) in a really spicy sauce. I don't eat it very often, but had a weird craving today.
View attachment 335616
mine didn't look this fancy because I got it for take-out and also it's mostly a snack food here so no one would plate it fancy hahaha
I love Korean food, I'm jealous! It looks like a particularly good kimchi :D. What are the "sticks"? Not carrots. . .spring onions?

My Instant Pot died :bawling:. So now I don't know how/what to cook, lol. And Amazon is not being fast about delivering the new one. I ordered it on Sunday and they only just shipped it, and say it'll be delivered next Thursday :/. I hope it gets here faster than that though. It SHOULD be here Monday or Tuesday, unless UPS is really backed up.

I went to Costco last night so I got a slice of pizza. They have the best pizza, yum. Except I usually get the combo, but their pandemic menu only has pepperoni and cheese. So I had pepperoni, it was pretty good but I wish it had some veggies on it.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love Korean food, I'm jealous! It looks like a particularly good kimchi :D. What are the "sticks"? Not carrots. . .spring onions?
yep, spring onions. Sometimes there's a bit of spinach, too. Carrots are good with it too though! And maybe if I made it, I'd substitute the fishcakes for tofu skins--very similar in texture, but tofu skins are much better tasting (imho)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ravioli? It came from Bertuccis so I would assume they make their ravioli from scratch 🍝

I have a "bbq picnic" meal I took out of the freezer. It's mostly big rounds of carrots, some baked beans, some shredded chicken, a chunk of polenta. Some of the meals from the subscription aren't exactly what you expect them to be.
Is the chunk of polenta such that you can slice it and brown it in a skillet?It's so good that way...I'm jealous.Your dinner sounds really good!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is the chunk of polenta such that you can slice it and brown it in a skillet?It's so good that way...I'm jealous.Your dinner sounds really good!
I didn't try but it's sort of firm enough to be browned in a skillet.

Tomorrow is the "beef stew", really just veggies with a few tiny pieces of meat. I'm trying to clear out the freezer ahead of my delivery next week and make more room for the cats' raw.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tomorrow is the "beef stew", really just veggies with a few tiny pieces of meat.

This one was even more disappointing than the last stew. I counted the meat in the container. Just 5 little pieces :disappointed: The last one had 8. The "beef stew" is definitely another meal I won't be ordering again from the subscription.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to use up some corn and black beans. I put some rice with it, on the stovetop with a bunch of spices and 1 TB Oil, 1 TB Hot Sauce. It turned out pretty good. The spices cooked up better on the stovetop than in a baked casserole. It tasted much better than my other creations (abominations). :thumbsup:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Sweet and sour Chinese chicken tonight, it will have a bit of pineapple-apricot spread in the sauce and half a can of mandarin oranges added to the wok at the very end, so good and I will share with my neighbors. This is genuine Chinese food cooked by a German in the US, how international can you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.