What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
You have mint in the flower bed? That will take over until there is no room for flowers. Better pull it all up by the roots if you can and put some in a container.
We've had mint in the garden now since forever. Probably a good 30 years, I'm thinking. We keep after it, so it doesn't go everywhere. We have it in one area and that's where we try to keep it. We probably should have just put it in a container and sunk the container, but we didn't at the time. It's not that bad. I dearly love mint iced tea, so we use a lot of it in the summer.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was trying to create my own casseroles, but it's not working for me. I'll have to use recipes from now on.
Some of the meals you've mentioned that you've made sound good, btw. And from what I've read on food blogs, they make tons of disasters before they get one good enough to share. So I think you'll get there. Just need a bit more practice And ingredients that aren't too far past their best before dates. :evilgrin:

Here's a few sites to get you started. :)
30 Vegetarian Casseroles That Will Fill You Up
20 Satisfying Vegetarian Casserole Recipes | Food Network Canada
Our 12 Best Vegetarian Main Dish Casseroles

I haven't been eating anything post-worthy, unless the instant oatmeal I had for dinner last night counts. :rolleyes: Although I did have an egg burger (fried egg and cheese on a hamburger bun) the other night.

Sometime today I'll be having salad, as I went for groceries on Tuesday. 🥗

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dessert was Puggart :)
I'm confused, what is this?

I need to do something with some leftover steak, maybe cube it, throw it in a pan and add veggies. I use Campbell's heart healthy/healthy request cream soups now and then and might use cream of celery here, depending on what I feel like, or a cheese soup.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I need to do something with some leftover steak, maybe cube it, throw it in a pan and add veggies. I use Campbell's heart healthy/healthy request cream soups now and then and might use cream of celery here, depending on what I feel like, or a cheese soup.
Steak sandwich? With cheese and sauteed onions and/or mushrooms. With or without BBQ sauce. Now I want a steak sandwich.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Puggart is a magical concoction of pudding and yogurt.

You take one single serve yogurt, i like Light n Fit, its only 80 calories. Then you add about a half a cup nut milk, i like coconut-almond blend, and finally you take a package of SUGAR FREE powdered Jello pudding in a complimentary flavor, for example Cheesecake, and add about a teaspoon of it to the mix, more or less depending on taste. Thats the basic recipe. But you can add flavored sugar free syrups, lowcal jam or jelly, a little PB2, ect. I add a bit of no cal sweetener cos i like it really sweet.Then using a whisk or mixer, whip whip whip it up!

Now instead of one little container of tangy yogurt, you have about 3 times that amount, and it barely tastes like yogurt anymore-this one tastes like blueberry cheesecake, and total calories are only about 125. Its great bc u can have a big bowl so you feel satisfied, and the flavor combos are endless :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Puggart is a magical concoction of pudding and yogurt.
I may have to try that, but without the healthy part. I canNOT have artificial sweetners, other than Stevia, because they trigger migrains.

Tonight? I have no clue. I have nothing thawed, so probably corn dogs. OR fish sticks. It's going to depend on whether I want honey-mustard sauce or tartar sauce more...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a few sites to get you started.
Thank you!

With or without BBQ sauce.
Before I was vegetarian, I always had to have A1 sauce on my steak sandwich.

so probably corn dogs.
Aldi has some vegetarian hot dogs. I might get some next week in our order.

I think I forgot to post my dinner last night. I made a stir-fry with 1 TB olive oil, broken up veggie burger, 1 TB hot sauce, peas, linguine, mango. Cooked on medium heat for 7 minutes, except put the pasta, peas, mango, and hot sauce in the last 3 minutes. It was really good for once! Maybe my talent lies in stir-fries. :thumbsup:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stir-fries are yummy! I never would have thought to put mango in though. Was it ripe or green?

I love corn dogs! I try not to have such things in the house but now I think I need to get a box of frozen corn dogs to fill the craving, since we probably won't be having any local festivals (where I splurge on corn dogs and funnel cakes) this year.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stir-fries are yummy! I never would have thought to put mango in though. Was it ripe or green?

I love corn dogs! I try not to have such things in the house but now I think I need to get a box of frozen corn dogs to fill the craving, since we probably won't be having any local festivals (where I splurge on corn dogs and funnel cakes) this year.
Me too. They are so good. I really like the mini ones. Beef Minis | State Fair Corn Dogs

Now I want some. :lol:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pizza night here. Fridays have become Pizza Night. I'm thinking of a cheeseburger pizza, with ground beef, lots of cheese, and a few dill pickles scattered about. Don't laugh; I've done it before and it's really quite good! Our local pizzeria makes an excellent cheeseburger pizza and that's where I got the idea.

And since I can't have take-out, I'll have homemade.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pizza night here. Fridays have become Pizza Night. I'm thinking of a cheeseburger pizza, with ground beef, lots of cheese, and a few dill pickles scattered about. Don't laugh; I've done it before and it's really quite good! Our local pizzeria makes an excellent cheeseburger pizza and that's where I got the idea.

And since I can't have take-out, I'll have homemade.
Yours is probably better anyway.

No idea what I feel like having. Well, I want corn dogs thanks to Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 but I don't have any. I do have a frozen pizza. maybe that.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aldi has some vegetarian hot dogs. I might get some next week in our order.
Veggie hot dogs are very similar to meat ones, but as they have less fat, they don't puff up as much.

Not sure what I'll be having tonight. But last night I had one of my black bean burgers with cheese, onion, lettuce, mustard and ketchup, and it was so yummy. :yummy:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now instead of one little container of tangy yogurt, you have about 3 times that amount,
oh wow, yummy!! thank you :)!

Now I want a steak sandwich.
heh, ok, now I'm going to have to ask/request/beg the grillmaster of the house to do up some more steak LOL

I may have to try that, but without the healthy part. I canNOT have artificial sweetners, other than Stevia, because they trigger migrains.
Take a look into monkfruit sweetener.

I think pork chops tonight, veggies of some sort, cottage cheese, and PUGGART :biggrin:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lunch was Pumpkin Seed Granola from Aldi with regular milk

Dinner was the same stir-fry from yesterday, except I used chickpeas instead of green peas. I played around with it and 7 minutes was perfect. 8 was too long, 6 was too little. Practice makes perfect hopefully...:thumbsup:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to Furballsmom Furballsmom , I'm thinking chipped steak sandwiches with lots of sauteed onions and cheese. And we have salad stuff to make a nice salad, too.

lizzie lizzie I was talking to my co-worker the other day. During a shopping trip, he bought five cans of Spam. Well, he went back in the following week and the remaining six cans of Spam were still there, so he bought them, too. He really likes Spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.