What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, you dug your own bamboo? Good job. I used to go bamboo picking in the forests with Mr Husband's father and grand father. New shoots usually come up again within a few days, so you might be able to get some more.

I haven't had fiddleheads for ages, they're so good. Sounds like a very healthy dinner.

:yummy:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our stir fry of beef with sansai was quite nice.
That looks amazing!

the Korean sauna eggs are AWESOME. Seriously. Everybody who has a pressure cooker should make some right now
We have a pressure cooker/instant pot! I've never used it, but Dad uses it quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, the chicken paprikash is good too.
Oh, that looks so good! Maybe I can make a vegetarian version with mushrooms or meat substitute.

Yes, Campbell's mushroom is vegetarian but not the healthiest.
Thanks for the recipe, I've always wondered how to make my own cream of mushroom soup. When they say cream, does that mean heavy cream?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Delmonico steaks on the grill today. Rick found some asparagus up in the garden that's ready to be cut, so I'll make fresh asparagus to go with our steaks. The mint is up in the flower bed, so we'll have fresh mint tea. We're thinking of twice-baked potatoes, too.
You have mint in the flower bed? That will take over until there is no room for flowers. Better pull it all up by the roots if you can and put some in a container.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh. Well maybe it isn't spoiled then. I'll try it drizzled on at the end of cooking and see. Whoops.
I don't think oil spoils. There have been reports of sealed caskets/amphorae found on the bottom of the Mediterranean with olive oil that was still as fresh as the day it was sealed. The enemy of oil like so many things is oxygen, the less there is the smaller the damage.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was honey they found on sunken ships, not olive oil? My mom told me that story and said olive oil never goes rancid, but I didn't believe her. I know canola oil goes rancid because my dad had to throw away a whole pot of food the other day.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to create my own casseroles, but it's not working for me. I'll have to use recipes from now on. I got 4 cans of cream of mushroom soup! Maybe I can make something with those.
try this, it has always had roaring success: put chicken pieces in bottom of a baking dish. Mix the cream of mushroom soup with 1/2 can of water, pour over the chicken. Put in oven, a toaster oven will do, at 350 F for one hour, serve with rice and veggies of your choice. Easy and yummy.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt --Thanks. I was wondering if I had to add any water to the cream of mushroom soup. I can't use the chicken since I'm vegetarian, but can use veggies. Do I add any spices?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was honey they found on sunken ships, not olive oil? My mom told me that story and said olive oil never goes rancid, but I didn't believe her. I know canola oil goes rancid because my dad had to throw away a whole pot of food the other day.
They found honey too and who knows what else that was still edible.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt --Thanks. I was wondering if I had to add any water to the cream of mushroom soup. I can't use the chicken since I'm vegetarian, but can use veggies. Do I add any spices?
Not with the chicken, it might be too bland for just veggies, try it and see, it should take less time for veggies as they cook faster than the chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.