What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had Michelle's Ginger Granola with regular milk and a banana from Aldi. The banana was so delicious and fresh tasting! I will definitely get fruit from there from now on! This granola was better, this one had clusters! It wasn't very sweet though, which is odd, granola is usually really sweet!

For dinner I had a pasta casserole that my mother made. It was okay, but I prefer my cooking. She won't use any spices, vegetables, or gluten. So it was pretty plain, just basically gluten free spirals, sauce, cheese. She eliminates so many food groups that I'm gonna end up with nutritional deficiencies again. Better to do my own cooking.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to make a veggie bowl tonight
What's in it for spices?

For lunch I had multi grain Cheerios mixed with Michelle's Ginger Granola with Almond Milk. It was really good!

For dinner I had the rest of that pasta casserole my mom made. It actually tasted much better the next day! It had cannellini beans, ricotta, onions, tomato sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, shredded cheese. I wish it would have had more veggies, but she doesn't like them.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to use the remaining half can of coconut milk - had transferred it to a glass jar when I refrigerated it after our Thai style shrimp dinner. And wanted to use the rest of the beautiful spinach.

So tonight we had chicken breast, cubed before cooking for Thai style chicken with spinach, coconut milk, Thai fish sauce, and curry paste served over rice. Just as excellent as the shrimp version.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A chicken pie from some of our leftover chicken from last night. Plenty of chicken, cubed potatoes, carrots, and peas. I have two stalks of celery left in the fridge and will use them, along with a chopped onion. Then roll out a top for the casserole and bake. Dearest Richard is not fond of chicken at all, but he loves a chicken pie. Go figure.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
broccoli and cauliflower medley veggies, a few frozen peas and cream of celery soup
Do you simmer it on the stove? I wonder if I could make a baked casserole like this. :think:

Dearest Richard is not fond of chicken at all, but he loves a chicken pie.
Maybe he would like veggie pot pie! 👍

For lunch I had Multi Grain Cheerios with a Honey Crisp Apple chopped up in it, with almond milk. 🍎🥣

For dinner I made a one serving casserole. It was pretty good. The texture was awesome! I put like a billion weird things in it. It was a little dry though. Maybe 375 was too high? Pasta spirals, thai ginger lemongrass sauce, cannellini beans, canned corn, flax seed, crushed up pistachios, diced pears, 2 pieces Muenster cheese, bread crumbs with melted butter, and one TB of coconut flakes. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
CHICKIN POT PIES! I've been craving them, and they haven't been in the stores. However, my precious next door neighbor spotted some, and brought me FIVE! I talked with her SIL, who works at Walmart, who told me that our local Walmart has plenty, but since they've been sending home anyone with sneezing/coughing (which I wholeheartedly support), that they're having a hard time stocking, and to just ask, someone will check to see if they are in the back, and bring out to me!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm thinking of individual tuna loaves tonight. Not sure about sides yet. We have enough chicken pie left for Rick's lunch today.

M maggiedemi I've been trying to get a Meatless Monday meal in every week. Rick is not amused and it's probably more like once a month. We used to do Meatless Mondays all the time and, sometimes, I could even pull in a Meatless Friday. He wants nothing to do with it.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We didn't finish the turkey thigh last night so I'll dice the last of it and add that to the girls' dinner as a topper. I have an Amy's roasted vegetable pizza in the freezer. I might have that with black olives and thinly sliced shallot added.

Status
Not open for further replies.