What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus vegan mayo and baby Swiss cheese.
Yum. I don't think I've ever put cheese in my mac salad, but next time I will!

For lunch I made a sammich with 2 of those corn tortillas my brother bought me. Mayo, lettuce, tomato, flax seed, pistachios, hard boiled egg, swiss cheese. Pretty weird, but it worked! I like the flax seeds that I found in the freezer!

For dinner I made a single serving of enchiladas in the toaster oven in my little casserole dish. 2 corn tortillas, El Pato spicy tomato sauce, guacamole, sour cream, dried cilantro, flax seed, swiss cheese, and the filling layered in was a spanish rice dish made on the stove-- rice, salsa, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, red & yellow bell peppers, diced canned tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, Italian seasoning. I would rather have used cumin, but for some reason my mom wanted Italian seasoning.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The mung beans I started sprouting on April 3rd were ready for harvesting today. Stir fry tonight! I used - starting at top -
Dinner-Stir Fry_2020-04_ingredients.jpg
thin sliced beef marinated with soy sauce, onion, sprouts, sliced mushrooms, sliced celery, and carrots.
Dinner-Stir Fry_2020-04_plated up.jpg
Served over rice. Topped with sliced scallion greens for color. Sprouts don't show in the second image but were nice and crunchy as we ate - they were added at the end of the cooking so they were warmed but not very much cooked.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Served over rice. Topped with sliced scallion greens for color.
OMG, that looks so good! I hope one day to be able to cook something that beautiful.

For lunch I made my one serving enchilada casserole. Same as last night, but I added cumin, chili powder, dried cilantro, black pepper, salt, swiss cheese, bread crumbs made by crumbling some crackers.

For dinner I made a pasta casserole with spirals, ring noodles, butter beans, peas, carrots, spicy tomato sauce, pesto, flax seed, pistachios, cheese, bread crumbs made with crushed crackers and melted butter, swiss cheese. The pistachios tasted kinda weird cooked. You can tell I'm just winging it here. :lol:

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Think of it like painting a picture. We eat with our eyes too. Right now since we're sort of limited on fresh ingredients - I did not have bok choy or nappa cabbage but did have mushrooms, onion, celery and the sprouts. Needed some color to pop it up - that's the carrot. And the scallion greens - think of it like the accessory you might wear to finish off an outfit.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Y'all are gonna throw me off of the thread, but I'm actually considering a barbequed Spam sandwich...
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Spam does not deserve the bad reputation that some people have given it. It's not gourmet or fancy but it's not supposed to be. It's considered junk but the ingredients list is rather simple unlike many other processed foods that have an ingredients list as long as your arm. I don't eat it often but I am a card carrying member of Team Spam.

When 2 hurricanes decided to stop by for a long visit after NOT being invited, we ended up staying with FIL/MIL for a while and there was no power for a while so DH and I brought our gas grill that has a griddle plate. I made eggs, hash browns and SPAM for everyone. I like to slice it thin and fry it until it's crisp. FIL wanted nothing to do with it until he reluctantly tried a piece- and loved it. HA! It's even better when those crispy slices are dipped in real maple syrup. Or tucked into a grilled cheese sandwich. I've never tried it with BBQ sauce but why not?

I've posted this recipe before. I've made it many times and both DH and DD who normally does not like eggs or onions LOVED it. I brown the cubed Spam and saute the onions before I add them. Really good. Spam Swiss Pie Recipe | CDKitchen.com

Here I am getting sidetracked again. I have no idea what I want for dinner. Last night I had a Stouffer's chicken pot pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.