What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had Kashi Berry Fruitful Squares cereal with Purely Elizabeth banana cashew butter granola, with milk on it.

For dinner I had leftover mac & cheese and leftover potato/egg/onion/cheese frittata. I mixed it all together on my plate with hot sauce. The egg & potato mix had quite a meaty taste. I liked it, I'll have to try that again.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we were going to have pulled pork but when I went "shopping" in the freezer there wasn't any. Instead we had
meatballs that were in the freezer, nice big ones, with some sauce in the container. Sides were basmati rice. And I quickly made some coleslaw. Shredded and added a couple of leaves of radicchio to the cabbage, for color

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night we just had spaghetti with a bit of coleslaw.
Tonight will be pork chops done in the Foodi Grill with salt and vinegar smashed potatoes. Frozen green beans. And the rest of the coleslaw from last night.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had Kashi Berry Fruitful squares cereal and Wildway Vanilla Bean Espresso granola with milk. I didn't like the granola. It's that grain-free kind without the oatmeal clusters, which doesn't taste like granola to me.

For dinner I had the same as last night, but with a different hot sauce. Egg/Potato/Onion/Cheese Frittata and leftover Kraft Mac & Cheese. The hot sauce was too vinegary and thin. I prefer thick hot sauces.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Red cooked boneless spare ribs (some water, sauce, sherry, ginger, a little sugar) with carrots (sliced rolling cut style), a small white turnip (small cubed) and celery (sliced). Served over thin noodles. Before serving I took the spare rubs out of the braising liquid, dusted with cornstarch, then fried up to make the surface crispy. The extra cornstarch was used to thicken the braising liquid. Side dish was asparagus and sauteed mushrooms.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had made a pot roast in the slow cooker and used some venison I had forgotten in the deep freeze but as it had been vacuum packed even after 4 years it was still just as if I had frozen it last week, no ice crystals or freezer burn. Anyone who has a big freezer really should also have a vacuum machine. I shared some with my next door neighbors, ate a pint and put 4 pint jars in the freezer for later. Had Chinese veggies with some leftover chicken for dinner last night, some strawberries I had picked up at a fruit stand, yes, they come from California over the Donner Pass, a 2 hour drive, but they are really good because they have not sat in a warehouse in cold storage but were probably picked that morning before daylight. Tonight it will be leftover pasta shells with brown butter, some Hillshire farm sausage nicely browned, maybe some green beans from the freezer, green salad with cucumbers and a vinagrette and some more of the strawberries.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had Kashi Berry Fruitful squares cereal and finished up that grain-free Wildway Vanilla Bean Espresso granola that I didn't like. It said 8 servings but it was only 2 for me, half a bowl. Not very economical!

For dinner I had one of my famous one-plate salads with a billion ingredients. Lettuce, cucumber, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, hard boiled egg, jalapeno, coconut flakes, dried cherries, sour cherries, roasted pecans, cheese, cauliflower crackers, granola packet, one dried prune, and thousand island dressing. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For lunch I had Kashi Berry Fruitful Squares cereal with milk & some honey granola that I found in the freezer. I didn't like that granola either because it didn't have clusters! They were flat pieces of oats, not satisfying! :lol:

For dinner I had Gardein vegetarian fish filets with hot sauce and French Fries with banana ketchup.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we had meatloaf sandwiches with a side salad. I just love meatloaf sandwiches.

Tonight will be hot sausage sandwiches. This is Wednesday and we normally go to our farmers' market and indulge in a sausage sandwich. Rick is missing them, so that's our menu for tonight. With a salad.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Since the stay-at-home order in our state I haven't been eating as much for dinner. Monday I had an avocado salad, Tuesday I had broccoli with a garbanzo cake. Tonight I will have a giant sweet potato with something else, not sure what that will be yet.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, we had meatloaf sandwiches with a side salad. I just love meatloaf sandwiches.

Tonight will be hot sausage sandwiches. This is Wednesday and we normally go to our farmers' market and indulge in a sausage sandwich. Rick is missing them, so that's our menu for tonight. With a salad.
Me too. I've made meatloaf just to make sandwiches out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.