What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for your input.

I hate it when I am craving something and not being able to get in a car and go get it at the grocery store. People don't don't know how lucky they are to be able to just hop in a car and go and not have to depend on other people to take you places.
I understand. I took the bus for years when we lived in Denver. I had to pay someone to take me to the store for a big shop.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand. I took the bus for years when we lived in Denver. I had to pay someone to take me to the store for a big shop.
I have always been so independent and I hate having to depend on other people. My sister said she was going to BJ's Sunday and asked me if I wanted anything. I sent her a list but have not heard back from her. I don't know if she is mad about something or not. Usually she writes back telling me why I don't need this or that and it really pisses me off. Maybe when I get my knees fixed I can drive again.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate it when I am craving something and not being able to get in a car and go get it at the grocery store. People don't don't know how lucky they are to be able to just hop in a car and go and not have to depend on other people to take you places.
Now that we only go to the grocery store when we really have to, and then it's a worrisome/stressful experience, I think we're all learning how lucky we were when we could just hop in the car and go get what we wanted.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, it occurs to me that I seldom crave a particular food, but I DO crave condiments! That's what drives my food choices.
We all know that I do the same thing with hot sauce! I love condiments too, they make life/food so much better I think.

I have been craving bagels
How do you even make a bagel? They are one of my favorite foods, but I never really thought about making them.

For lunch I had Purely Elizabeth banana cashew butter granola. It's their grain-free version, so it doesn't have those big oatmeal pieces, it's mostly nuts & seeds. It was pretty good, but different than regular & saltier. Tastes like salty flavored nuts.

For dinner I am having leftover pasta casserole from last night-- bean thread noodles, Aldi mushroom pasta sauce, pinto beans, green beans, cheddar cheese, italian seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and I threw some croutons on top.
I burnt it, but I'll still eat it. 30 minutes at 375 degrees was either too long or too high heat.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We all know that I do the same thing with hot sauce! I love condiments too, they make life/food so much better I think.

How do you even make a bagel? They are one of my favorite foods, but I never really thought about making them.

For lunch I had Purely Elizabeth banana cashew butter granola. It's their grain-free version, so it doesn't have those big oatmeal pieces, it's mostly nuts & seeds. It was pretty good, but different than regular & saltier. Tastes like salty flavored nuts.

For dinner I am having leftover pasta casserole from last night-- bean thread noodles, Aldi mushroom pasta sauce, pinto beans, green beans, cheddar cheese, italian seasoning, garlic salt, black pepper, hot sauce, and I threw some croutons on top.
I burnt it, but I'll still eat it. 30 minutes at 375 degrees was either too long or too high heat.
Bagel dough is very similar to regular bread dough,except after they're shaped and have risen,you briefly boil them ,put your toppings on (or not) and bake.I left out the boiling part,put my toppings on,let them rise and baked.They are wonderful!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Friday must be leftovers night, that's what we had too. ;) The last of my veggie ricotta pasta casserole. It's great because we usually get three dinners out of it. Walnuts and carob chips for dessert plus a honeycrisp apple.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy makes the best pizza.
Yes they do and that roasted vegetable one is the best one they make. Never in a million years would I ever have imagined that my favorite frozen pizza would have no cheese on it but it really doesn't need it. It also doesn't have tomato sauce. It's a slightly sweet balsamic sauce that works so well with the vegetables and the crust is outstanding. It blows away Freschetta, Digiorno and many others IMO. Normally I add the olives and some thinly sliced shallot but I'm out of those so just the olives. YUM.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Bagel dough is very similar to regular bread dough,except after they're shaped and have risen,you briefly boil them ,put your toppings on (or not) and bake.I left out the boiling part,put my toppings on,let them rise and baked.They are wonderful!
I boiled mine in my wok. It's wide, and the shallowness allows the water to stay boiling consistently.
This is also how you can make pretzels, btw. ;)

I tend to work with wild yeast, which is how I came across the Wild Yeast Blog. Along with some great recipes, there is all kinds of wonderful information when you start digging around there, including an article about baker's percentage, a very important aspect of bread making.

And we had salad with bleu cheese and ham toppings tonight.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm... all the talk about Amy's pizza has me craving one, and I've never even tried one of them before! Nevertheless I may have to splurge on one next time I go for groceries. I say "splurge" because they're quite pricey here. Same in the US?

I made slow cooker Minestrone yesterday, so will likely have the same tonight.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had tacos for dinner. One of the few times I eat meat. I do still enjoy ground beef and the place nearby that I like has it (they also have tofu options...but well-spiced beef is ok for me to eat). When I got home, I popped some popcorn and ate that with a Twix bar. haha a well-balanced meal?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm... all the talk about Amy's pizza has me craving one, and I've never even tried one of them before! Nevertheless I may have to splurge on one next time I go for groceries. I say "splurge" because they're quite pricey here. Same in the US?

I made slow cooker Minestrone yesterday, so will likely have the same tonight.
Yeah they can be depending on where you shop. The store I go to (Publix) has them for $7.19. When they go on sale, they are usually 2 for $11.00.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that roasted vegetable one is the best one they make
I wonder if it's the "roasted" part that make it taste so good? I tried a roasted hot sauce the other day and it was so delicious! I was surprised, because I don't like "smoked" hot sauce, but I definitely liked the roasted.

I say "splurge" because they're quite pricey here. Same in the US?
I remember their single frozen dinners were pricy, $5 here in NY. I don't see them much anymore since Hannaford closed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I see you've all been having yummy stuff.

I may make my version of Pam's Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes Caylee got me the family size Stouffer's Mac&Cheese. I'll bake that,
heat the canned diced tomatoes with a few seasonings. Take out the mac and cheese about 15 minutes before it's done, add
the tomatoes, then cook for another 20 mins or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.