What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maria & Ricardo's ingredients start off with corn meal flour, then masa, something else, wheat gluten, then wheat flour.

Our tacos have venison pork chili, with shredded cheese, and finely cut shreds of lettuce

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think Instant Cream of Wheat can also be made in the microwave. Check the instructions. I've always used water to make Cream of Wheat, adding a little milk just before eating. Would an adjustable stool be helpful when you use the stove? Instead of standing you could sit.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Tonight? Ummmmm...dunno, but am leaning toward a fried egg sandwich. It's just 11:30, so I have a couple of hours to decide. YES, I know that 2 AM is late to eat supper, but it is a full SIX HOURS before my bedtime. If I ate supper any earlier, IT WOULD BE BREAKFAST!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Instant Cream of Wheat can also be made in the microwave. Check the instructions. I've always used water to make Cream of Wheat, adding a little milk just before eating. Would an adjustable stool be helpful when you use the stove? Instead of standing you could sit.
Yes, instant Cream of Wheat can be cooked in the microwave. I use a cup add the milk and it only takes 2 minutes to cook and there is no clean up. I have a stool but it is not adjustable. It is a little tall for me and I feel like I am going to slide off of it when I sit on it so I rarely use it. There is also instant grits and oatmeal which is very good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ham and scalloped potatoes here for dinner tonight. We had had a ham for Christmas dinner with the kids and I stuck leftovers in the freezer. Well, it will be three months in a week that it's been in the freezer, so time to get the ham used up. I'll make the scalloped potatoes tonight with the ham and whatever is leftover from that will go into ham salad for sandwiches tomorrow to have with coleslaw or a chopped salad. And that will be it for the ham!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was drawing a blank on what to make for dinner so I decided to try out a NY Times recipe by Melissa Clark on cooking from your pantry in these difficult times. Still with me? It's pasta with canned tuna fish. May sound odd but trust me, it was delicious! Not sure I can provide the exact recipe but . . .

I used small ziti, a can of tuna in water (she wanted tuna in oil but I have what I have, right?), capers, black olives (mine were sliced. from a can. She wanted olive bar black olives that you then slice but I'm not going out just for olives, nuh uh, not these days), scallions (didn't have any so I used the sprouted top from an onion), black pepper, and a good double handful of fresh flat leaf parsley ripped up and added at the end.

This was so good! Recipe is definitely a keeper.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have plenty of leftovers to clean up tonight...steak,baked and fried potatoes both,asparagus and pork chops.Who knows who will eat what,but I'm sure it will be good!When I was a kid,my Mom used to put chunk white tuna in her spaghetti sauce and I remember it to have been delicious.I have made it a few times and hubby liked it,but most of the time when I make sauce,I'm going to put in a couple of anchovies and some chopped capers...yum!You can't taste "fish" but there's an umami tone you can't quite figure out but it's sure yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.