Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love, love, love Velveeta!!
I do too! My mother used to maintain that you could tell a real Southern recipe, because they all start with either "melt a stick of real butter" OR "cube a 16 oz block of Velveeta." She was pretty much right about that!

I'm also a Spam fan, and will be trying the Spam Quiche! I like to slice mine very thin and grill it on my George Forman grill. A touch of barbeque sauce, and it's ready to go! ~scampers off to add Spam to April's grocery list. Bet THAT will be on the shelves!~

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh mannn I miss velveeta. We always had mild mexican velveeta in the house for nachos. I liked making mac n cheese with it too!

Last night I had a Banh Mi sandwich with cheese (no meat). Tonight, I think I will go to the local cheap pizza place and get the veggie quesadilla pizza (minus the mushrooms)! It's so unhealthy but sooooo good.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is that?

Sounds healthy to me, it has veggies in it. :thumbsup:
What LTS3 said. Mine had no meat on it though, just some cubes of cheese (not actually sure what kind tbh, something creamy), pickled veg, cilantro, and the chili mayonnaise sauce. Most Koreans don't like cilantro, so it's sometimes hard to find places that actually include it in their Thai, Vietnamese, or Mexican recipes! The place I went to actually asks if you want it.
--
Yeah...sureeee....we'll just ignore all the nacho cheese drizzled on top...XD

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Yum! What did you use for dressing?

Those look good! I never had them.

We have one of those in the freezer, but it's just cheese, might have to add some toppings.

I don't think I ever had Velveeta on grilled cheese. I've had it in mac & cheese.

For dinner I had that leftover pasta casserole that had lentils, green peas, cheese, breadcrumbs. I added cilantro on top, it was really good!
If you've never had Velveeta you are not missing anything. The stuff Americans eat boggles my mind. Have you checked what this stuff is made of?

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kat0121 Kat0121 The Spam Swiss quiche sounds amazing!
Furballsmom Furballsmom I love, love, love Velveeta!! Growing up my mother would not buy it,
saying it "was not cheese". She would buy the 2 pound block of Kraft American, I don't
know if that is available anymore. When I moved out for the first time, I bought a 2 pound
block of Velveeta, sooo good.

Yesterday I had McDonalds fries and a McDouble for brunch
McDouble and green beans for dinner
snacked on grapes and cashews throughout the day

Not certain about tonight, maybe a Stouffer's meal
Your mom was right, it isn't real cheese and neither is that orange stuff called American Cheese

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are tired from our mission to find toilet paper today, we went to four stores. So we will probably have something quick and easy, i.e. Trader Joe's Lentil soup with a salad on the side. I also snatched a Dark Chocolate bar with slivered almonds for dessert.
View attachment 327085
Amazon has TP but you may not find your brand and have to wait 5 days but that is better than not having any for who knows how long. Scroll through their selection and see if you can't find something you can live with and that is not too expensive. Better yet, invest in a water feature you can attach to your toilet like a bidet.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I was the only one that had a can of green beans for dinner. I've done that many times.
I love green beans and they're very filling. When my arms
are really hurting, I'll have a can of beans with toast.

Yesterday I had scrambled eggs and cheese and toast for brunch.
Nicole sent down Steak, baked potatoes, green beans, hee, hee,
green salad with blue cheese dressing, and a slice of Marie Calender's
Chocolate silk pie.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you've never had Velveeta you are not missing anything. The stuff Americans eat boggles my mind. Have you checked what this stuff is made of?
But it taste so good. In my younger days I went on a very strict diet. Once I lost the weight I wanted I went back to eating normal but the only things I wanted to eat was Velveeta and Tang. I could not get enough of the two things.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very long time ago Himself was working in Holland. I joined him for the summer accompanied by two children, two cats, and a dachshund. Some people in the company were living there for the duration of the project. That was when you could bring anything / everything on the plane as you journeyed. Someone wanted Thomas' English muffins. And Velveeta cheese. To Holland. I was sure we would be banned from entering.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Corn tortillas folded for tacos, chili for filling (with embellishments), black beans and corn for side dish. And I baked chocolate chip cookies just noq.

M maggiedemi I'll check the label on the maria & Riccardo's tortillas to check. Just guessing but I'll bet they're a corn / wheat blend. Even my recipe for corn meal muffins is 2 parts wheat to 1 part corn meal.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH wants grilled swiss cheese with lentil soup, I'm undecided if I'll join him or make something else for myself. :dunno:
That sounds delicious.

I am having instant cream of wheat for dinner. I used soy milk instead of water and it is delicious with butter and a little salt. I realize the instant is not good for you but I can't stand long enough to cook it in a pan. I am going to have to start using water to make the instant cereals as I am getting low on the soy milk and I don't know if there are still some in the stores.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.