What's For Dinner? - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday, we grabbed a large hoagie and split it for both of us. That and the rest of our pasta salad was diinner.

Tonight I'm going to try a rack of baby back ribs in the Foodi Grill. Haven't done ribs yet, so it should be interesting. Not sure about sides yet, but there will be strawberry shortcake for dessert. (My version of strawberry shortcake is sweet muffins--or a small white cake--with strawberries. With vanilla ice cream. This time, I'm going to make sweet muffins with strawberry preserves inside, just to kick it up a notch.)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her fist name is Ellen and she lives in Baltimore. We could call the hospitals but they wouldn't let us speak
with her unless we had her last name because of HIPAA. I am worried as well.

Wait... how did someone here get a hold of M maggiedemi when she was in the hospital then? The person's post said she / he called around to hospitals in maggidemi's area and the hospital where maggiedemi was connected the phone call directly to the patient room. I can't find the post at the moment but it's either in the My Journey To Better Health thread or What's On Your Mind thread.

Meal kit / plan delivery day :yess: I'll have the salad for dinner tonight.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, stuffing and chicken all in one bowl from an Amish restaurant
Wow!

Sauteed Costco salmon, steamed veggies and one of us will have an espresso custard. (I'm over and done with the dessert thing, I think because of you-all talking about REAL desserts lol)!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(I'm over and done with the dessert thing, I think because of you-all talking about REAL desserts
I'm craving a crumbcake donut. I hope I can find one at Dunkin or Tim Hortons. :crossfingers:

For lunch I had an apple fritter donut and one cup of vanilla cappuccino made with milk & 3 TB of mix.

For dinner I had leftover veggie pasta alfredo. This time I added shredded cheese and it tasted much better and thicker. Those bottled alfredo sauces are way too thin and runny! I also put 1 TB of hot sauce on it of course.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The salad was good :yummy:

20200225_161807.jpg

There was wild rice and black beans hidden at the bottom as I found when I put half of the salad into a container to have for tomorrow's lunch:

20200225_162031_Burst01.jpg

The comb honey is really good, kind of fruity. There is no honey comb in the jar :disappointed:

20200225_160437.jpg

I'm not sure why but the meals I got is not exactly what I ordered. I ordered two different stir fries and one grain bowl and one salad. I received the same stir fry, one in an individual entree portion and one in a larger dinner portion (family size?), and two of the same grain bowl, and the salad. Not a big deal but also a little annoying that I'm not informed that the company has to change my kit because of some issue on their end. And yes, the containers are labeled with my name on it so it's not like someone swapped one of their meals with mine.

20200225_160300.jpg

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen today....made bread,then Navajo fry bread (only I didn't deep fry them...kinda sautéed them in a little oil),and a coconut impossible pie.For dinner,I took chili out of the freezer and on the fry bread there was the chili,lettuce,chopped tomato,onion,cheese and sour cream.They were yummy!Hubby was ….hesitant....but ended up saying he enjoyed them.Whew!!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just do the sauerkraut, cheese and Russian dressing? That's the best part anyway or
maybe there is fake pastrami or corned beef?
Plant-Based Peppered Deli Slices - Tofurky

These would be in the produce section of the grocery store near the tofu. I've seen them in Publix so they should be readily available in most grocery stores or Walmart.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm craving a crumbcake donut. I hope I can find one at Dunkin or Tim Hortons. :crossfingers:

For lunch I had an apple fritter donut and one cup of vanilla cappuccino made with milk & 3 TB of mix.

For dinner I had leftover veggie pasta alfredo. This time I added shredded cheese and it tasted much better and thicker. Those bottled alfredo sauces are way too thin and runny! I also put 1 TB of hot sauce on it of course.
I agree. I have yet to find a good bottled alfredo sauce. The original alfredo sauce was just pasta with butter and parmesan cheese though so I guess I have been eating it for more years than I realize. :lol:

The Original Fettuccine Alfredo

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Plant-Based Peppered Deli Slices - Tofurky

These would be in the produce section of the grocery store near the tofu. I've seen them in Publix so they should be readily available in most grocery stores or Walmart.
Maybe because I wasn't really a fan of real deli meats, but I only tried a faux-deli meat once, and did not like it at all. It was Yves Turkey. Maybe the Tofurky brand is better.

Not sure what I'm having tonight, but last night, I had pancakes, as it was Shrove Tuesday, aka pancake day, aka Fat Tuesday.

IMG_0574.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe because I wasn't really a fan of real deli meats, but I only tried a faux-deli meat once, and did not like it at all. It was Yves Turkey. Maybe the Tofurky brand is better.

Not sure what I'm having tonight, but last night, I had pancakes, as it was Shrove Tuesday, aka pancake day, aka Fat Tuesday.

View attachment 324061
I do like real deli meat and I tried them. They went directly into the trash but some people must like them or they wouldn't sell them. :lol:

They don't taste anything like the real thing IMO but if someone is looking for an alternative, it would be worth a try I suppose.

Those pancakes look so yummy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get the baby back ribs made last night, so we're doing them tonight. I'm going to try them in the Foodi Grill. I watched a couple videos about it and am hoping I don't mess the ribs up! I'm hungry for cole slaw, so I'll throw some together to go with our ribs. Not sure about a side yet. But I do need to go through those strawberries that I have and make something with them for dessert.

rubysmama rubysmama Those pancakes look wonderful!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do like real deli meat and I tried them. They went directly into the trash but some people must like them or they wouldn't sell them. :lol:

They don't taste anything like the real thing IMO but if someone is looking for an alternative, it would be worth a try I suppose.
I'm not a huge fan of the faux-meats, but I do like some of the Gardein products, plus the IKEA veggie balls, and the Burger King veggie burger. Speaking of veggie burgers, I just got got an ad in the mail today advertising a Plant Based Burger at Wendys. Apparently (thanks to Google) it quietly appeared late last year. Since I haven't been to Wendys in way more than a decade, I would never have known about it. Might have to check it out sometime.

Those pancakes look so yummy!
They were really good. And easy to make. I halved this recipe: Perfect Homemade Pancake Recipe and ended up with 6 small pancakes. I ate 3, and froze the others for another day.

rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama Those pancakes look wonderful!
Thanks. I considered making them cat-shaped. Maybe next time. :catman:

Still not sure what I'm having tonight. But I have an open bag of salad, so maybe salad and garlic bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.